TlomzKrano's Security Council Application

Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
The Security Council has nominated @TlomzKrano for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for the nomination, with 9 Ayes, 2 Nays, and 11 out of 12 members voting, can be found here.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion. The Security Council has prepared a statement in support of the nomination:

We stand by our original assessment of Tlomz in nominating him to join the Security Council. He is not the first to make a mistake and accidentally get removed from his position on the Council, and we are confident he will take care to maintain his citizenship in the future. He continues to have our confidence in his ability to capably serve the region in this capacity.

The motion brought forth is as follows:

The Regional Assembly confirms the nomination of TlomzKrano to the Security Council.

What steps is the Security Council taking to ensure this doesn't happen again?

What steps is the nominee taking to ensure this doesn't happen again?

What steps is the Security Council taking to ensure this doesn't happen again?

What steps is the nominee taking to ensure this doesn't happen again?
1) I presume that's not a question for me to answer

2) This was honestly a fluke accident where I was active and visiting the forums and/or discord every single day, endotarting regularly, holding other positions in gov (DMoFA), yet did not ever have the need to post on the forums due to the majority of my work currently existing on discord. I have never had this happen in the past and have begun a new thread where I will be posting every month on top of my other activity to ensure it never happens again. I apologize for the silliness this has caused and I look forward to moving past it and getting back to work in the SC.

Eh. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time and Tlomz has clearly identified what went wrong to cause this and has even apologized for the silliness of this issue.

I’d imagine that he’ll be more careful about this in the future, in part thanks to the aforementioned thread that he started here on the forums. So, I say, I’ll support this Secuity Council application for an otherwise fine Council member who just happened to make a mistake.

Well we generally are aware of what our fellow SCers' activity looks like, so it usually doesn't get to this point. Several members can vouch for the fact that we do look out for each other and try to make people aware of when they're in danger of running afoul of rules like this. Personally I think the fact Tlomz was around doing stuff didn't put him on the radar as someone in danger of losing citizenship, whereas we generally are somewhat mindful of certain members with a reputation for toeing the line of losing their position. I for one will be keeping an extra eye on Tlomz now that he has developed this reputation, but I think the steps he's taking will be sufficient to avoid a recurrence.

Seeing that there haven't been any new comments in the better part of 3 days, Im motioning for a vote.

Back