Confirmation of Sil Dorsett and Oracle as Election Commissioners

East Isles

Registered
TNP Nation
East Isles
Discord
East Isles#4583
Delegate Robespierre:
I hereby re-appoint both @Sil Dorsett and @Oracle as Election Commissioners subject to a confirmation vote by the Regional Assembly.
The Delegate has appointed @Sil Dorsett and @Oracle to the Election Commission. I open the floor to discussion and debate on these appointments.

Additionally, I welcome a statement from @Robespierre in support of these appointments.

Once moved, the motions that I will be putting to vote for these confirmations are as follows:

Motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Sil Dorsett to the Election Commission.

Motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Oracle to the Election Commission.

Do the appointees have any plans to run for election in either of the next elections?

Do the appointees have any plans to run for election in either of the next elections?

Despite the "2021" I dropped in my forum profile before the pandemic started, which I'm sure some people took as a hint that I might run for Delegate this year... No, I do not plan to run in any upcoming elections. I'm quite comfortable with being on the Election Commission. It's an important job, and I feel like it's where I belong.

I'd just like to bump this to remind the Regional Assembly that this is out here. If there are any questions you'd like to field, I'm happy to answer them.

Additionally, I welcome a statement from @Robespierre in support of these appointments.
During last month's General Election, it was said by Sil that they would need to notify the incoming Delegate about the upcoming expirations of both their and Oracle's terms as Election Commissioners.

Since then, I was approached by Sil via DMs on the twenty-sixth (26th) of May to discuss these expirations as well as their willingness to continue in the role and I was rather delighted to hear that they were content to carry on with the work that they've been doing.

I promptly made these appointments because I was more than happy to do so. For many months now, election cycle after election cycle, both Sil Dorsett and Artemis/Oracle have worked tirelessly to do our democracy proudly by administering our laws with care and ensuring the smooth and efficient running of our elections. In my mind, they represent some of the best that our Election Commission has to offer and have become stalwarts of that area in terms of their reliability, availability, trustworthiness, and knowledge of how our democracy functions.

They've provided invaluable service in the past and I have no doubt that will continue to do so in future elections. As a means of moving this process along, as it has been stalled for a week by this point, I hereby motion for a vote and ask for a second.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The motion and second are acknowledged.

Votes on both appointments are scheduled to begin in one hour and will be open for 5 days.

Last edited:
Back