Alright, Max Barry. I officially hate you.

Are region banners ugly and stupid

• Yes, they are the worst thing ever

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, let the 2002 style live

Votes: 13 92.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lightbeam

Keep me warm, dumpster fire.
TNP Nation
Homyland
You didn't make S3.
You then made the worst April Fools event ever.
You then proceeded to leave the players uninformed for 1,5 months.
And when you return, you gift us this bs?!

You didn't make S3.
LOL do you think Max is on our regional forum or something? At least you could do this on the NS forum where he'd have a smallllll chance of being informed of it.

You didn't make S3.
Firstly, i barely misses S3 so im sad bout that too
i dont know what the april fools joke was
i dont understand point 3
but i LOVE region banners

Um what even is this... and you do realize that "2002 style" would be like the antiquity theme? Like 2017 style would be much more accurate. Also the af event was fine enough, and I still have no idea what you mean by "leaving us uninformed" is even supposed to mean

Um what even is this... and you do realize that "2002 style" would be like the antiquity theme? Like 2017 style would be much more accurate. Also the af event was fine enough, and I still have no idea what you mean by "leaving us uninformed" is even supposed to mean
The banner's implementation looks like something from 2002, ngl.

The AF event, for me, wasn't big enough.

And between start of April and middle of May, according to the news page, he did absolutely nothing on NS.

And between start of April and middle of May, according to the news page, he did absolutely nothing on NS.
When you mean "not big enough", do you mean the 829,257 votes that were cast?

How is that not big? lol

Last edited:
Max Barry is not exclusively working on NS. He is an author, and he needs food on the table before he can upgrade this or make it better. Doing the code isnt "Drag and Drop", it takes a lot of work. If you dont like the system, it's his way or the highway. Try making your own nation simulaton game. Furthermore, if you didnt like the April fools event, I'm sorry, he probably cant make everyone happy with a game. I know I enjoyed it a lot. Max can just do nothing, but appreciate he puts effort into the system and he has been at it for over a decade. You try doing that.

Max Barry is not exclusively working on NS. He is an author, and he needs food on the table before he can upgrade this or make it better. Doing the code isnt "Drag and Drop", it takes a lot of work. If you dont like the system, it's his way or the highway. Try making your own nation simulaton game. Furthermore, if you didnt like the April fools event, I'm sorry, he probably cant make everyone happy with a game. I know I enjoyed it a lot. Max can just do nothing, but appreciate he puts effort into the system and he has been at it for over a decade. You try doing that.
"Code isn't drag and drop"

Man, I wrote AquaMine, I'm writing a Python CMD, I know coding is f-ing hard.

You didn't make S3.
S3 is probably never coming. For me, I can't imagine how card market work if each year a new season is released, just imagine S5 or S10, that would be confusing
And at first I think regional banners look ugly but now I think that it opens a lot of possibility to decorate the region

S3 is probably never coming. For me, I can't imagine how card market work if each year a new season is released, just imagine S5 or S10, that would be confusing
And at first I think regional banners look ugly but now I think that it opens a lot of possibility to decorate the region
Yep, now that we have a banner contest, with our creative juices flowin', I think the winning banner would make TNP more beautiful! :hippy:

Last edited:
"Code isn't drag and drop"

Man, I wrote AquaMine, I'm writing a Python CMD, I know coding is f-ing hard.
Exactly. At least appreciate the effort Max Barry put into NS for years and years, just for fun. He could’ve abandoned it, but he still puts his valuable time into this.

Max has been pretty generous to give us regional banners. Tbf, I would like S3, but I'll appreciate what we have.

As they say, you get what you get and you dont get upset. I missed season 1 by 2 weeks or so, and I also missed season 2. You dont see me complain. In all honesty, I want to focus on other nations' cards, not my own

You do realize most of the site is run off PHPBB? Which in essense is dated, free software on top of that, the overall theme of the site is pretty mixed with sleek theme aspects and very plain aspects. PHPBB is also extremely plain at face value.

So of course its going to look like 2002/2003 website. Its from the early 2000s to begin with

Last edited:
You do realize most of the site is run off PHPBB? Which in essense is dated, free software on top of that, the overall theme of the site is pretty mixed with sleek theme aspects and very plain aspects. PHPBB is also extremely plain at face value.

So of course its going to look like 2002/2003 website. Its from the early 2000s to begin with
Only the forum uses phpbb, and the last major theme update to the site was in 2014 :P

Back