Westinor

Registered
TNP Nation
Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
npa_seal.png

Hey everyone!

I’m super glad to be here! My name’s Westinor and you might know me from- oh geez, where’d all these feathers come from?? Don’t we have a janitor? Someone needs to clean this up, geez…

Ahem, right. I’m Westinor, formerly Minister of WA Affairs last term, and I’ll be serving as your new Minister of Defense! The North Pacific Army has been doing awesome these past few months, and I just want to thank @Nimarya for doing such an awesome job heading the NPA last term - she’s created a really solid base for us to work off of, and I hope to meet the same level of competency and excellence that she has set. Additionally, I’d like to thank @Robespierre for giving me this opportunity to serve - I’m incredibly gratified that I’ve been offered this position despite my relative inexperience, and I hope I won’t let you all down.

Now, there are a couple things that I would like to get to this term. Despite great performances in pretty much every field last term, whether it be running a higher-tempo detag run or facing off against a force of chasers four times our size, the NPA has been struggling with longer-term activity and growth. There is not so much that can be directly done to address this, but my Deputy Minister(s) and I will work to ensure that applications are processed in time, new soldiers are integrated quickly, and that there is a stable base of activity to ensure retention. The guides that were started last term will be a key focus and priority to ensure that new recruits have a good starting point as they advance up the ranks. Additionally, I do hope to be able to coordinate with Home Affairs or even other ministries to further promote the NPA and bring in new talent. My goal is to see several consistently active and new faces by the end of this term!

Course, sometimes the regular activities of R/D can get stale, and it’s always a good idea to make sure our soldiers are as well-rounded as possible. As we saw last term, there are plenty of other training operations our soldiers can participate in to learn key skills - I’ll do my best to ensure that we go through some of these whenever we can.

Of course, bringing in the new isn’t all. We already have a strong core, and I hope to see some older faces up and stretching those creaky old bones too! I want to continue the internal focus on NPA development from last term, and combined with the newly developed tactics and fresh activity from last term, I am hoping that we can elevate the NPA into a whole different level of skill and capability. I had mentioned a stable base of activity before, and to that extent I will do my best to see at least one operation done per week, if not more. I also want to encourage more and more officers to lead and step up for operations, and I hope that we can see some new stars shine - old and new.

A teensy bit of janitorial work will be done as well - though my infrastructural goals aren’t necessarily large and expanding, there are some small areas that I would like to target which I feel we could improve. I’ll also make an effort to keep paperwork up to date to ensure we don’t fall too far behind on that.

Finally, I’d like to announce that I’ll be appointing @Gorundu as Deputy Minister of Defence for this term! I’m excited to work alongside them, and I hope together we can get lots of things done. Of course, I’ll be looking out for any key talents throughout the term for potential Deputies as well.

I’m looking forward to the rest of the term with y’all!

Best Wishes,
Westinor
Minister of Defense

Back