Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Arcanstotska
Friday
6 April 2012
4:16 PM
Château de Fresnicourt, Kingdom of Saintonge

”Another round of public executions in Asturica today as seven people were killed by firing squad in the capital of Sadena to the sound of cheering crowds. The seven condemned souls were convicted of plotting against the state and collaborating with anti-PPN elements within the country.”

Aurelio Xeremias-Sion Aris clenched his fists as he braced for what he knew always came after a series of Naronist executions. He couldn’t help but feel sorrow for the seven men and women who had been put to death. The news reporter on the television screen continued. Aurelio pulled out his phone and put something up on Twitcher.

”Following the executions, Asturican Autarch Xacobe Naron released the following statement:

‘Citizens of Asturica, beware of those who would betray their blood to the foe. The homosexual communist Shaddaist degeneracy lurks in every corner, waiting to strike against the glories of the Asturican nation and the Asturican people. These seven anti-Asturicans betrayed their blood and kin to serve the degenerate lies of the anti-nationals, and they paid the proper price! The purity of the Asturican nation cannot be deceived and it can never be destroyed!’

The television suddenly cut to black and Naron’s speech was cut off. Aurelio turned in his seat to see who had turned the television off, only to meet eyes with his sister.

“You spend way too much time watching the news about Asturica. I’m getting worried.”

Aurelio rolled his eyes. “Someone has to pay attention to our homeland.”

His sister, Celia, shook her head in annoyance. “Aurelio,” she spoke up, using his full first name instead of the nickname she usually called him by, “that isn’t ‘our homeland’ anymore. No amount of staring at a television screen is going to change that.”

Aurelio scoffed, “Well if no one else is going to stand up to Naron, then I have to.”

“Why?”

“I literally just said why, Celia!”

“No, that’s not why,” Celia responded. She could tell he was hiding something. “why do you have to stand up to them?”

“Because,” Aurelio began as he rose to his feet, “people are suffering and dying. Asturica is being held hostage and is being brainwashed into loving its captors - it’s like Korovka Syndrome on a national level. People are being publically executed. People are being sent to camps. Children are being taught to turn in their parents! This can’t be allowed to continue!”

“I think you just want to be Emperor,” Celia said bluntly. Aurelio was taken back by her accusation. He tried to find the words to respond - to dash her accusation - but he couldn’t.

“I just think,” Aurelio began after a moment of trying to find the words, “Asturica could use a leader who actually cares.”

An “I knew it” look came over Celia’s face. “You don’t even try to deny it! You just want a throne, a crown, and a fancy fucking title! I doubt you give an ounce of shit about the people in that country!”

“Well, I do!” Aurelio sprung to his feet to face his younger sister. “People are suffering! That used to be our country! We have a duty to help Asturica, but I’m the only one who seems to give a damn about them!”

“Aurelio, how many times do I and everyone else in our family have to tell you? That. Is. Not. Our. Country. Anymore! They kicked us out, and on top of that, they kept trying to get us all killed! The communist government that took power in ‘56 sent assassins after us all! Eight times they demanded that Saintonge hand us over! Eight. Fucking. Times! That’s twelve if you count the four other times Naron made the same demand! They don’t want us anymore!”

“Then what the fuck do you want me to do, Celia?!”

“Forget about Asturica! You have family and friends! You have a boyfriend! You have a life! Stop wasting it on a country we’re never getting back!”

“Then who’s going to do something for these people?! I will not just let them suffer!”

Celia just threw up her arms and scoffed before storming off.

Aurelio pulled out a cigarette, stuck it in his mouth, lit up, and puffed. He pulled out his phone and decided to make a call. He wanted to help Asturica. Now it was time to get to work.

“Aguilar, it’s me. I need to get in touch with some people. Can you give me a hand?”

Back