[Private] Court clerks

saintpeter

Chief Justice
I have previously publicly discussed this idea. Essentially, the court would appoint one or more clerks – probably starting with one – that would have the following tasks and responsibilities:
* Allowed access to private justice spaces.
* Helps with the drafting process.
* Is allowed to present his/her view on a case or R4R.
Etc.

Essentially a justice without voting powers. This will make it easier for people to join the Judicial Branch. In addition, it allows people to run for Justice with experience.

Thoughts?

When would they be appointed, at the start? Or should they be on standby and brought in only when stuff is happening? Because right now the clerk wouldn’t have had anything to do and that’s a recipe for people checking out.

I’m minded that if we were to try this it’d be on a things-happening basis, with those interested in the Court essentially allowed a peeking access and a space to discuss are stuff when w have something going on (provided a lack of involvement with said activity and subject to restrictions at least as strict as our own).

When would they be appointed, at the start? Or should they be on standby and brought in only when stuff is happening? Because right now the clerk wouldn’t have had anything to do and that’s a recipe for people checking out.
I’m minded that if we were to try this it’d be on a things-happening basis, with those interested in the Court essentially allowed a peeking access and a space to discuss are stuff when w have something going on (provided a lack of involvement with said activity and subject to restrictions at least as strict as our own).
I was thinking of appointing at the start of each term, with the benefit of not adding extra chaos to court trials with new clerk appointments. Though I would be fine with the other option as well. This may work nicely with the bar exam, where anyone that's passed the bar exam can apply for clerkship.

I think the clerks need something to do, or we have deputy AGs again. Clerks should take the bar, I agree, but I think a justice should pick a clerk as needed/desired, with their term of service lasting as long as the justice continues to remain in office, or when they decide to dismiss them.

Back