Nimarya

Chicken Overlord
TNP Nation
Nimarya
Discord
Nimarya#6961
P02s3Px.png

Hello everyone!

You all know me as Nim, and I’ve been an active member of this community since I founded my nation, Nimarya, in this region about a year and a half ago. I’ve been a citizen since November 26, 2019, and I joined the Executive Staff not long after. I always like to tell the story of how I ended up here with fondness: I spawned in this region randomly and never intended to stay! This was my second nation (my first had ceased to exist after about two years of only answering issues and lurking on the gameside forum), and I believed that a huge Game-Created Region, let alone the largest GCR in the game, could never become a home for me. After all, how could one person ever find a voice in such a huge, crowded place?

So, the only reason I lingered in The North Pacific was because I wanted to research a good User-Created Region to move to, but didn’t want to move before I was sure of where I wanted to go. Naturally, those plans were soon forgotten, because TNP took barely any time at all to draw me in, and I’m very happy that it did. This place is big, yes, but once you reach the forums and the regional Discord, you enter a community that has a place for anyone who sticks around- and there are many things that make it worth sticking around. I’ve found my best online friends here, and I’ve had so much fun. I love this place, and that’s why I’m here today.

I want to give to the region the fun and life and community that makes it worthwhile in the end. My desire is to focus on the different internal branches of the region and the Executive, and to work with staff to cultivate each Ministry in order to reach a healthier state. If my experiences from a consecutive year on the Executive Council (under three different Delegates!) have taught me anything, it’s that your beginning focus for any struggling ministry or staff has to be the community that it is made of. You can’t hope to climb if you can’t walk, and to focus successfully on creating a functional system with a motivated and trained staff will take you miles further than you could have expected.

That is what I plan to do.

Goals for the Executive Staff

While some of our Ministries are in a great place- which is in no small part due to the amazing efforts of their Ministers- others are undeniably struggling. A general diagnosis for these Ministries will tell you that they suffer from a lack of sufficient training, from a lack of staff, and from a lack of motivation. These are common themes that appear each term in varying amounts, due to the natural cycle of staff, leadership, and regional activity. However, I don’t believe that the health of the Executive Staff is out of our hands. With the right passion and commitment, I intend to see an improvement in the aspects of each Ministry that we can affect, one step at a time.

Home Affairs:

This Ministry will always be near and dear to my heart, and will likely receive much of my attention. Not only is it the place where I took my first important step into leadership in TNP, it’s an often overlooked and thankless, yet nonetheless essential component to our Executive Staff. Recruitment and integration is the lifeblood of the region. Every component of our community is kept alive and growing by the flow of new members that enter our region, and it’s Home Affairs that directs and aids the residents who join.

As Delegate, I would be invested in returning regular activity to the mentorship program in Home Affairs. Once again, every new member registered on the forum will be contacted in a relatively quick amount of time by a mentor. Lists will resume a schedule of at least one generated a week, and the focus for each list will be coordinated with the rest of the Executive Council, so that the area in most need of recruitment will have that aid. The Welcome Wagon as a program will also be further developed. Volunteers will be better trained in how to best direct and assist new members on Discord, and an effort will be made to ensure that different time zones and days are being covered as best as reasonably possible.

Lastly, I would like to see Home Affairs take a more active role in promoting different activities and festivals in TNP as they occur, and for the Minister of Home Affairs to work closely with other Ministers in order to determine how best to raise engagement.

Gameside Advocates:

Gameside Advocates are technically folded into the Ministry of Home Affairs; however, they have long operated primarily independently, and they have done an excellent job. GAs are the first government officials that new residents often interact with, and they are crucial in monitoring the RMB, greeting and helping newcomers, and in promoting everything from our forums to special regional events to our gameside community.

I would like to see GA’s continue their good work as they have been, but I would also like to see them interact with the gameside community in other ways. As a group, GAs will get together and brainstorm new polls for the region, and create questions or conversation topics for each day. They will come up with short, fun games and activities to entertain and bring together the different nations that are active on our RMB, and it is my hope that this will help to influence a more wholesome and enjoyable gameside environment.

Communications:

This Ministry has struggled tremendously in the past few terms, through no necessary fault of the Ministers leading. It is difficult to recruit active staff for Communications, and even more difficult to recruit staff capable of writing to the standards that our regional publications require. However, I do have a few ideas for how we will be able to help. Of course, we will utilize Home Affairs and GAs to bring in new applicants, but we will also work on building a way to train and utilize our new staff members to their fullest potential.

As Delegate, I will oversee the creation of a streamlined but useful writing guide. It will overview some common grammar and punctuation errors, answer some common questions, and will break down how to write a professional article for Communications. In addition to this resource, new staff members will have the option to write a “Mentored Article” where they can write their first piece with the guidance of a more experienced staff member.

The Northern Lights and Polaris will both be continued on a regular publishing schedule, but I intend to add a new element to our Ministry of Communications. I want to incorporate some pieces of creative writing in order to attract writers who are skilled, but might not necessarily be interested in purely journalistic articles. I believe that by integrating different types of writing, we will increase interest in both the staff and in reading the pieces that we publish.

One possible way we can do this is by looking into the possibility of creating a TNP Gallery Publication, to be released towards the end of the term. It would be promoted gameside as well as on our forum and Discord, and would be open to any original, artistic creations. Poems, short stories, essays, and even art such as digital art, flags, crests, paintings, and photographs could all be submitted and then curated for this publication that would highlight the talent and creativity of TNP’s residents.

Radio:

Radio is another Ministry that has suffered from a lack of suitable staff, although this has not prevented Cascadia from ensuring that the Ministry remained active and put out regular content for the region. Similarly to Communications, I plan to increase Radio’s visibility and recruitment pull by utilizing its projects as advertisements for itself. When Radio releases a video or organizes an interview or stream, we will work with HA and GAs to get out the word to the region, and we will include a message encouraging interested residents to apply. I will also have the Ministry of Radio investigate the possibility of hosting podcasts that discuss and provide commentary on various regional events throughout the term.

I believe Radio can be an incredible asset, especially when it works alongside other Ministries. With the technical knowledge of radio staff, our abilities to invest in cultural activities are aided, and so I intend to explore the possibility of having Culture and Radio collaborate to stream games and possibly films in different community events. Additionally, I would like to see occasional interviews conducted throughout the term to highlight and give exposure to various influential members and areas of the government.

Cards:

For the Ministry of Cards, my first concern will be sustainability. In order to assist with keeping our regional cards pool stocked, I would look for ways to incentivize card donations, such as by publicly announcing and thanking donors, unless it is specified that the donor would prefer to remain anonymous. We could look into the possibility of giving special Discord masks or forum badges for those who give particularly generous donations. Another goal of mine is to increase recruitment efforts to obtain new Cards Guild staff (not merely Cards Guild members), both via Home Affairs telegrams and by creating some incentive to attract card farmers. We need new staff dedicated to farming and transferring cards so that we can construct a solid card farming rotation and ensure the The North Pacific will be able to keep up with demand and remain a powerful influence in the realm of cards.

I would also like to see the maintenance and revival of the basic things that have made TNP’s Cards Guild such a success. I will ensure regular pull events take place, and I also want to see a continuation of The Collection Spotlight, even if it is only done once in the term, as I personally find it one of the more fun and innocent activities involved with cards that could be engaging for newer or more casual collectors. The Ministry of Cards will continue to supply for occasional events and the WADP awards, and effort will be made to better advertise the giveaways to the region.

Culture:

I have adored the performance of Culture this past term. Madjack and his crew have introduced a variety, consistency, and creativity to the events and programs put on that I had never seen before in my stay in The North Pacific. What I particularly love was that the cultural activities were for the entire region and reached everyone, whether they were on our Discord or RMB. As such, there is not much I can add as a potential candidate, except that as Delegate I would strive to ensure that the Ministry of Culture continues the momentum that has been built, and has all of the support and assistance they need to see the things they envision become reality.

One thing I am passionate about pursuing for Culture is Discord get-together events for the community. As I mentioned above when discussing the Ministry of Radio, I very much want to see regional game nights of some kind put on. These would not necessarily be huge or formal events, but rather just sessions set up for people to play together. Jackbox, Uno, and Minecraft are all just a few of the possible activities, and I know that there are many in the region who would enjoy a game night as much as I.

I also intend to revive the ill-fated TNP Book Club I began several terms ago, but never had the time to invest in. I still believe the idea has potential, but will need effort and some time to construct into something worthwhile, and I believe it can receive that under the Ministry of Culture’s wing. After a system for book selection is decided upon, we can incorporate activities and discussions for the books. There are many bookworms in TNP, and all they really need is a platform to share.

World Assembly Affairs:

For World Assembly Affairs, like several of our other Ministries, the first concern is manpower. My priority will be making sure that proper guides and training are made available to new WAA staff members. An emphasis will be placed on more evenly distributing tasks such as opening threads and writing IFVs. I will also focus on stoking the engagement of staff members in WAA by having World Assembly and Security Council history lessons take place in the World Assembly Affairs Executive Staff channel when it is relevant to current proposals. The Ministry will host internal discussions on recent resolutions, and dig into the politics of some of the more interesting proposals to hit the floor.

We will also make an effort to increase the activity and visibility of WALL. We can do this by moving some of our discussion to the WALL server and by pinging members there to offer their insight and opinions. Based on those responses, we would then write our IFV from that. We could also post our IFVs in WALL, and look into hosting an event during the term that would promote and spark involvement in WALL. As Delegate, I would seek to bring together the signatories for a conference aimed to discuss the direction and momentum of WALL. Ultimately, we should engage with the other signatories and seriously seek to expand, improve, and modernize WALL.

Foreign Affairs:

For the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an effort needs to be made to better raise up and train newer talents. It is not easy to find citizens with the right disposition for FA work, or to get them the experience they need to become capable of holding crucial positions, but by having junior staff tag along to some FA discussions as strict observers, they can learn by watching instead of just being thrown into the fire. Also, by discussing recent FA decisions and developments with FA staff, Senior Diplomats can break down the history, nuance, and reasoning behind the events so that newer diplomats can gain a larger knowledge base and a better understanding.

Internationally, TNP will continue to be assertive but fair. We will be willing to compromise within reason and when it is called for, but we will not compromise our integrity or regional interests and reputation. On that note, I would like to continue the regular FA reports and transparency to the region that we have seen with Praetor as our Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Defense:

Last but certainly not least, we come to the Ministry of Defense. The North Pacific Army is my second home in TNP, and it is my desire to watch the NPA continue to evolve and grow. During the past term, I served as Minister of Defense and watched as the world of military gameplay changed substantially. Seemingly overnight, the tactics we had been using were no longer feasible, and the odds were undeniably stacked against us. However, I’m proud to say that the determination and ingenuity of the NPA rose to the occasion, and we emerged with skills and tactics that not only leveled the playing field, but put us on track to be one of the most effective contenders in R/D.

While I can no longer fight in the trenches as a soldier myself, I would nonetheless hold a crucial role in shaping and guiding the course of the NPA, and as Delegate I would prioritize our focus on two key elements. First, we need to refine our system for training soldiers and officers. Lately, the NPA has been substantially better about conducting regular and experimental training operations. We will continue this pattern as best as possible, but the experience that is gained by following along in a regular training operation can only go so far. A new officer’s education must be supplemented with at least some form of standardized lessons on the mechanics of R/D.

My desire is to see the publication of a comprehensive and accessible manual that will be available to all our soldiers. This guide is actually almost halfway written already, because it’s a project that I began as Minister of Defense. I believe with some effort and collaboration we could have it completed and published well before the next midterm. This guide will be divided into “lessons” to coincide with each rank of the NPA. Therefore, every Private, Corporal, and so on will have the same basis of knowledge to work with. There is also the advantage that, with this organization, a brand new player begins only with the things they need to know for their first operation. After that, they gain access to new lessons, and become capable of participating further, and so on, all the way through to the first officer rank, Lieutenant.

Secondly, I want to focus on bringing in new soldiers to the NPA. One idea I want to work on is hosting an NPA Festival. This Festival would be heavily oriented for gameside promotion, and would have many aspects conducted on the RMB. In fact, one event would include an operation conducted on the RMB, in which civilians would be encouraged and taught how to participate. The event would also include interviews, games, and more. I think representing the NPA to players in an active and fun way will do wonders for our publicity and recruitment efforts.

Conclusion

It might seem counterintuitive to write about myself and my experiences after I’ve already presented my agenda, but I wanted the first focus of this platform to be on why I desired to run, and then on what an administration under me would strive to be. However, that’s not to say that I have little experience or background that would assist me in leading the region. I have been a Deputy Minister of Home Affairs for a term, and I’ve served as McMasterdonia’s Press Secretary in a previous term. I’ve been privy to crucial Foreign Affairs discussions and decisions, and I was heavily involved in the conception and eventual creation of the Ministry of Communication’s new publication Polaris, along with other administrative changes in the Ministry. Most importantly, I have served on the Executive Council for three terms in a row, in two very different positions. On both occasions, I inherited a Ministry or organization that was struggling, and in desperate need of reform.

As a two-term Minister of Home Affairs, I reworked the infrastructure of the Ministry from the ground up and achieved a level of efficiency it had not previously seen. Home Affairs was a unique challenge when it came to building a functioning staff, because how do you recruit for the Ministry that’s job is recruiting? Fortunately, a common thread to unite every member of staff was our shared love for the region, and our desire to see it grow. By encouraging that passion, we were able to strengthen Home Affairs and turn it into an enjoyable Ministry and community to be a part of.

As Minister of Defense, I did something similar to the NPA, although in that case my focus was less on infrastructure and more on reviving a dying military organization so that we could achieve standards befitting the regional military of The North Pacific. It took much dedication and creativity to gradually build up from a state of next to no activity, but despite the difficulties, leading the NPA was genuinely the most fun I had ever had playing NationStates. We banded together, invented new tactics, and I believe we re-discovered the element of “fun” that had been missing for a while. The NPA is a close-knit and entertaining community to be in, and that’s something I’m incredibly proud we’ve retained, despite the trials we’ve faced and the changes we’ve seen in High Command.

After all of these experiences, I believe that passion is one of the most important virtues of any government official- whether they are a Deputy, a Minister, or even the Delegate. As a leader, if you carry a passion for what you do and why you are doing it, that will inspire those around you, and in the end, that makes a difference.

I would be honored to serve you as the next Delegate of The North Pacific, and I hope you’ll consider me and the things I’ve said. I’ll be happy to answer any questions, and I am grateful for any advice or suggestions.

Sincerely,
Nim

Last edited:
A detailed platform with a lot to mull over here - I like the idea of a TNP book club and what Marcus has done with the Polaris subforum in the Community Center could easily become a starting point for it.

One question - do you own a dog?

I will vote for you! Even though i'm salty about not being admin in Peace and Pastries...

As someone running for delegate who has not held a position of vice delegate, delegate or been a previous member of the SC, why should the region trust you to have the power to ban others?

Also, have you started to endotart to avoid a long transition in the event that you win the delegacy? SCs are all around the 1000 endo level and you're <500 endos.

Being a Delegate, you often have to communicate diplomatically with people you don't exactly like. Is that something you can see yourself handling?

What has each minister done well this term?

What do you think is something you would struggle with as Delegate and how do you think you can overcome that struggle?

As someone running for delegate who has not held a position of vice delegate, delegate or been a previous member of the SC, why should the region trust you to have the power to ban others?

Also, have you started to endotart to avoid a long transition in the event that you win the delegacy? SCs are all around the 1000 endo level and you're <500 endos.

To answer your first question, while I have not held BC control myself I have been an RO for almost a year now and am used to aiding in the moderation of the RMB. I am familiar with what is and is not a bannable offense, and I am familiar with our laws and Bill of Rights. Border Control will not be my first resort, and will remain a tool I utilize when it is needed to protect our community, but never to abuse or infringe on a nation's rights.

I have begun endotarting. I will continue to endorse new WA members as they arrive, and I will continue to send out endotarting telegrams. In fact, I plan to send a load of them tonight.

Being a Delegate, you often have to communicate diplomatically with people you don't exactly like. Is that something you can see yourself handling?

What has each minister done well this term?

What do you think is something you would struggle with as Delegate and how do you think you can overcome that struggle?

To the first question- yes. As Minister of Defense, that's already an issue I've had to face several times. Being diplomatic and polite no matter your personal feelings is in fact something I abide by even in my personal life.

To the second question- there's a lot of Ministers but I'll do my best!
West has been consistent and reliable in their work, making sure the basics are always being done.
Cascadian Bioregion has been energetic and consistently active to say the least! They have driven up the productivity of Radio despite region-wide staff shortages.
DGES has held down the fort even through difficult situations, and has done good work maintaining our regional pull events.
BMW and then later Fregerson both took their role seriously and put in the time and effort to produce high-quality work for our publications.
Owen has had a creative approach to the restructuring of our mentorship program and has considered angles I hadn't thought of.
Praetor has been on top of nearly everything this term, and was crucial when it came to maintaining our region's strong but fair diplomatic efforts.
Madjack has been a whirlwind of ingenuity and passion, and frankly has been the strongest and most faithful Minister this term, in my opinion.

And finally to the third question- I think as Delegate the biggest weakness I would have is simply a product of being newer on the massive scale of NationStates' history. So, I would need help navigating some of the history and politics of regions we encounter and engage with. That said, I'd tackle this issue by surrounding myself with a skilled and knowledgeable team to inform and advise me every step of the way. We have talented and long-term Senior Diplomats, and I intend to use them.

Should you win will you commit to permanently replace TNP flag with a pink version?

No, because I actually like TNP Blue, despite being known for my favorite color of pink. That said, I can promise you that our WFE will be kept fresh and up to date, and hopefully visibly appealing. I am also unopposed to updating our regional flag to match each color or theme we see throughout the term!

Last edited:
Pretend that you're a power-mad lunatic out for revenge against all those who have slighted you. How would you abuse the power of the Delegacy to destabilize the region?

Last edited:
Pretend that you're a power-mad lunatic out for revenge against all those who have slighted you. How would you abuse the power of the Delegacy to destabilize the region?

Well, first I'd appoint a Cabinet that looks good on the outside, but is in fact made up of individuals I am confident will do nothing of note. They would be the kind of people who, on paper, have experience and ability, but aren't actually all that active or motivated, or are set in their ways, and would never really pioneer anything new.

Then, as Delegate I would proceed to also do nothing of note. I would let a momentum of decay and disillusionment gradually take root and choke out any life or drive remaining in the Executive. In the background, I would work to slowly to undermine and alienate TNP abroad by intentionally taking weak stances, by compromising where I shouldn't, and by occasionally making loud and poorly-thought-out public statements. If this were to truly be a coup, I would be working in conjunction with someone else. My job would be to weaken TNP and raise internal unrest. My partner-in-crime would be the one prepared to come in after me, on a wave of popular approval and with a blinding charisma, in order to spearhead a new government that would, naturally, promise to solve the problems I'd created as Delegate.

What have you learned about yourself during your recent tenure as MoD?

The first thing that comes to mind is that I learned I'm tougher than I thought. I used to believe I couldn't really weather large amounts of cruelty or vindictiveness directed at me due to my position, or harsh and consistent criticism. I didn't think I had it in me to face challenging foreign affairs situations, or to deal with the pressure of having to make important decisions on my own while representing TNP at large. By no means was I perfect or unfaltering, and it took a little while for my confidence to build- but, I think I came through in the end, and I did deal with those things. I'm not really afraid anymore, I'm significantly less sensitive, and I'm still here.

The other thing I think I learned was that, at the end of the day, my truest motivation for whatever I do in NationStates is to gain and strengthen friendships. I know that sounds repulsively cliché but it's true! Some of my fondest memories of this past term- the ones that made all the stress and trouble worth it- consist of occasions in the NPA where we all bonded and joked around and had a good time. I love to make people happy, and I love to bring them together however I can.

Thank you for your answer. I think that’s a good one and I’d agree with it in terms of how I’ve seen you grow this past term.

If you could change one thing about The North Pacific right now, what would it be and why?

Secondly, what do you think is TNP’s greatest foreign policy challenge at the moment.

Hey Nim,

your campaign makes no reference to the World Factbook Project, a Foreign Affairs programme that I spent a lot of time working one. The current dispatches seem to have fallen by the wayside recently with most of them not being updates in over 100 days and contain coding issues. So what do you plan to do to reinvigorate this project and keep these dispatches up to date?

A nice idea for Radio this one as well! Good to see ideas for this ministry popping up!

If Bob has 4 apples and Sue has 4 oranges. How much is a turnip in North Bradenbrook?

Thank you for your answer. I think that’s a good one and I’d agree with it in terms of how I’ve seen you grow this past term.

If you could change one thing about The North Pacific right now, what would it be and why?

Secondly, what do you think is TNP’s greatest foreign policy challenge at the moment.

Your first question is actually hard, because for obvious reasons I'm fond of most aspects of TNP! I think in the end if I could change anything, I would want people to be a bit kinder in the ways they interact with each other (everywhere, but most especially on the RMB, which can tend to be a toxic environment if not carefully moderated). I've seen heated arguments and cutting words fly in this region, and as a newcomer it used to scare me. Of course, now I realize that this region is more like a rowdy family, and arguments are similar to arguments between siblings- they're at each other's throats one moment, and then playing a game a few hours later like nothing ever happened! However, I would like it if TNPers (myself included, because I know I can be snappish and rude sometimes, like anyone else) tried to be a bit more slow to speak and remembered more frequently that it's another human being on the other end of the conversation.

At the moment, I would say that right now, TNP's greatest foreign affairs challenge is probably our relations with our treaty ally, The South Pacific. We need to be careful about how we conduct ourselves and engage them in discussion going forward, in light of the events that took place earlier this term (see Statement on Anti-Fascist Quorum Raids to know the context).

Hi, Nim. What do you think you can bring to the Delegacy that no other citizen in TNP currently can?

Hi Wondo! This is another difficult question, because there are many smart, creative, driven people in this region! Right now, I'd say my advantage is that I am intimately familiar with the current state of the Executive, and with what our capabilities currently are. I have the energy and time to invest in building up the region, while I also have the grounding of recent experience required to know how to be legitimately effective. I like to set bold ambitions, but I prioritize the smaller steps along the way that will take us in the direction we need to go.

Any plans for the Memorial Days coming up next term?

Nothing concrete at the moment, but I would open discussion with the Minister of Culture to decide how we might recognize these dates without oversaturating the region in festivals (I know it sounds hard to believe that there could be such a thing as too many events, but burnout is real!)

What would be your ideal cabinet?

I'd like to keep some of the previous cabinet, and also to rotate in a few new faces:
Foreign Affairs- @Praetor, 100%. We work together very well and I trust him completely.
World Assembly Affairs- Either @Westinor or @Boston Castle (alas, Boston is not a citizen).
Defense- Westinor again! I think West could be a fine MoD, if they're ready for it. Alternatively, I think @Bluie is long overdue to be MoD.
Cards- Likely @Sven, if they'd be open to the job.
Culture- @St George without question!
Communications- @Fregerson deserves a full term to develop their ideas, so I would offer the position to them.
Radio- For Radio, I would like to take on either @Vivanco or @Cascadian Bioregion.
Home Affairs- I would be open to giving someone new a shot as MoHA this term, so I would ask @New Celoveniortan.

Hey Nim,

your campaign makes no reference to the World Factbook Project, a Foreign Affairs programme that I spent a lot of time working one. The current dispatches seem to have fallen by the wayside recently with most of them not being updates in over 100 days and contain coding issues. So what do you plan to do to reinvigorate this project and keep these dispatches up to date?

I actually do like the concept behind the World Factbook Project. It's a useful index to have, so as Delegate I would have each of the existing dispatches updated. I would work with the Minister of FA to figure out a rough schedule and assign the different dispatches to ensure we get them all updated before the end of the term. Additionally, we would research regions that it may be worth writing new dispatches on, for diplomatic reference.

If Bob has 4 apples and Sue has 4 oranges. How much is a turnip in North Bradenbrook?

69 cabbages.

Last edited:
Do you have any plans for spammers/trollers/flamers in the TNP regional message board?
Edit: Sorry, posted before rbm post

Last edited:
What can TNP do to define itself as cooperative and collaborative with both new and currently allied regions on the world stage?

It takes 90 runners 750 minutes to finish a marathon. How long would it take 60 runners to finish the marathon?

Thank you for your above answers.

Let’s assume that you are approached by a foreign leader or prominent figure, they’re particularly angry with you for a decision that you have taken. How would you approach this issue? How would it differ if it was a citizen who was approaching you in the same manner?

How do you think generally speaking you would handle significant incidents globally? Do you like the detailed reporting to the RA approach? What role would your cabinet have in analysing the issues and in proposing a course of action?

We have not had a festival with any regions recently and you briefly mention festivals in your HA platform, do you plan on looking at a festival with any regions during this term?

If I shank MJ, who would be your follow-up choice for culture?

Edited to add a second question. Second question

Several well known "retired" GPers have said that GP is in need of a revival. Do you agree with their assessment?

Last edited:
It takes 90 runners 750 minutes to finish a marathon. How long would it take 60 runners to finish the marathon?
Will you give ROs chicken nuggets?
You need more animals as Ministers, full animal revolution!

Cretox: Why are you asking a former English major math questions?
Guilleana: No!! All chickens will live in peace under my administration.
Nessuno: Praetor is a bunny! I'm a chicken, and Madjack is probably secretly a giraffe.

Last edited:
What can TNP do to define itself as cooperative and collaborative with both new and currently allied regions on the world stage?
We have not had a festival with any regions recently and you briefly mention festivals in your HA platform, do you plan on looking at a festival with any regions during this term?

The answers to both of these questions actually tie together. Festivals are a good way for a cultural exchange to happen between regions, and could most definitely help to strengthen relations with our allies via collaboration. They're also a lot of fun! I'm open to getting involved with future festivals we may be invited to, and I would be delighted to arrange for the TNP to host and organize one, if the opportunity is there. Personally, I would be interested in reaching out to our allies, such as TEP- if they're willing and schedules allow, of course.

One idea I had for a possible theme, is to throw a NationStates Issues Festival. Possible activities for an issues-themed festival include a stats building contest, where participants give their starting and ending stats and work to increase or decrease certain stats as much as they can within an allotted time. We could feature different nations with notable stats in certain areas, and we could have an RP region on which participants can RP in a setting that takes place in the NS multiverse. I'd also be especially interested in having an issues drafting room where participants can get together and work on writing and editing issues to be submitted! Of course, these ideas are subject to criticism and evolution if we go through with planning any festivals, but they are possibilities to consider.

Thank you for your above answers.

Let’s assume that you are approached by a foreign leader or prominent figure, they’re particularly angry with you for a decision that you have taken. How would you approach this issue? How would it differ if it was a citizen who was approaching you in the same manner?

How do you think generally speaking you would handle significant incidents globally? Do you like the detailed reporting to the RA approach? What role would your cabinet have in analysing the issues and in proposing a course of action?

If a foreign leader approached me with a problem in that manner, I would take significant effort to draft every response in as level a manner as possible. I wouldn't necessarily back down, and I would be assertive with regards to our regional interests, but I would strive to be diplomatic and seek ways to communicate through the given problem and resolve the issue. If it were a citizen to approach me (I assume you mean a TNP citizen) I would likely be slightly less cautious in my approach. I would still seek to be polite and diplomatic, of course, but I would be more candid in my responses to hear what they have to say. As a citizen, they would be as invested in the success of this region as I am, so their complaints deserve to be listened to, even if I ultimately do not agree with them.

A significant global incident would be something I would tackle alongside the rest of the cabinet. I would discuss the matter extensively with the cabinet to determine the correct approach, given the circumstances. Internal discussion and private communication would be attempted prior to any public statements, and public statements would be carefully weighed and vetted prior to being made. I very much do like the approach of remaining accountable to the RA through reports, and would strive to keep the Regional Assembly as informed as possible.

If I shank MJ, who would be your follow-up choice for culture?

Edited to add a second question. Second question

Several well known "retired" GPers have said that GP is in need of a revival. Do you agree with their assessment?

If MJ tragically died due to mysterious causes, I would probably ask you, Sarah, if you were willing, because of your performance as Deputy and your previous performance working in Culture ministries.

I've never personally been impressed with the arguments of the retired players who sometimes come around and complain about how GP is dead. They often do this in an active channel that is dedicated to the aspect of GP they declare is dead. :P

So no, I do not agree that GP is dead, just as I do not agree that R/D is dead. Activity levels rise and fall in any given place, but we are still here, are we not?

As Delegate, I have worked with Nimarya when they were Minister of Home Affairs and most recently as the Minister of Defence. During my time working with them, they demonstrated the capacity for excellence in all that they do, as well as fantastic leadership ability, and the strength to provide assertive and pragmatic direction on internal and external matters. I have full confidence in Nimarya’s ability to take this region to the next level.

In this campaign, Nim demonstrates that they have the ideas, the leadership, and the ability to govern for all members of our region.

I wholeheartedly endorse Nimarya for Delegate and encourage you all to vote for Nimarya for Delegate May 2021.

As a note, we were part of 'festival' type events with the Nationstates Grand Exhibition and the United Regions Alliance Global Showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back