How does everyone stay active on NS? [ANSWERED]

TerraMine

Registered
TNP Nation
Polnisches_Deutschland
Discord
Terra#0896
Do people have a daily reminder or what? I'm trying to be active every day on NS but I don't know how. Can someone please explain to me how to remember to log in every day?

Thank you for the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people have a daily reminder or what? I'm trying to be active every day on NS but I don't know how. Can someone please explain to me how to remember to log in every day?
Depending upon who you ask, some would say that it's a nasty habit that you unintentionally fall into :P

For example: I stumbled upon NS back in May ... That was over six years ago, in May. To give you an idea, there are people who have been playing this game for longer than some of the younger playerbase has even been alive. I'd hazard to guess that most come for the politics and nation-building but end up staying for the community and friends

Depending upon who you ask, some would say that it's a nasty habit that you unintentionally fall into :P

For example: I stumbled upon NS back in May ... That was over six years ago, in May. To give you an idea, there are people who have been playing this game for longer than some of the younger playerbase has even been alive. I'd hazard to guess that most come for the politics and nation-building but end up staying for the community and friends
So if I just remember to play every day, it will come naturally?

So if I just remember to play every day, it will come naturally?
Well, not necessarily.

Firstly, NationStates is a game and games are meant to be played. The real question is: Are you having fun? If so, then continue if your RL schedule allows for leisure.

If not, then don't force yourself to try and remain active out of some mythical "obligation." Play is voluntary and the game is what you make of it. Friends and a community will help you have fun both on-site and off-site, so I'd recommend starting there with talking to people and getting to know some of your fellow North Pacificans

(TL;DR The social aspect is very important and is probably what keeps most people playing and having fun, I'd say)

I want to talk to the people in TNP and prefer to use the forums but I understand that NS activity is required for my country to stay alive.
That's actually not near as much of an issue as you might think of it to be, really.

I recommend Discord for casual conversation and for easy accessibility when wanting to engage with the community. Another great option is RMB chatter/posting on the RMB (on-site) or even posting regularly on the forums (off-site). It's okay to be more active in some spaces than in others. Find what you enjoy!

Last edited:
If you want to chat with TNPers you don't need to maintain a nation. If you want to get involved in government then you do need to maintain one, but that's only for in-character gameplay.

I check back on my main every day to answer issues since I'm trying to increase its stats, so it'll help if you have a similar goal. If you don't care about stats or have trouble remembering and just want to keep your nation from CTEing, you could schedule a daily cron job to ping your nation through the API, which counts as a login.

I want to talk to the people in TNP and prefer to use the forums but I understand that NS activity is required for my country to stay alive.
Just as a note, for your country to stay alive, you have to log on once every 28 days IIRC, if you're on vacation mode, I believe it goes up to 60 days.

Honestly, NS is fun. The people is easy-going, the game itself, you laugh at some issues, etc. it comes to a point where you have that feeling of needing to login to enjoy an issue or say hi in the RMB, people you consider friends. For me, it is simply part of my life.

just like the RMB, I mostly go on NS for the RMB and for RP, I go into NS just to say hi and chat on the RMB, I also have alts to have extra fun on. and also my brain automatically logins to NS everyday.

Back