Dreadton's Security Council Application

Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
The Security Council has nominated @Dreadton for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for the nomination, with 10 Ayes, 1 abstention, and all members voting, can be found here.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion. The Security Council has prepared a statement in support of the nomination:

Dreadton has consistently demonstrated activity and trustworthiness during his time in The North Pacific, with a history that includes competent service as Vice Delegate, Minister of Radio, and Discord moderator. As Vice Delegate, Dreadton has demonstrated an affinity for the Security Council and ability to work alongside its members, in addition to previously having access to the SC chambers. Dreadton maintains a predictably high level of activity to this day, and remains involved in the region's government and on the RMB. The Security Council sees no reason for Dreadton to be denied a seat on it, and supports his application.

The motion brought forth is as follows:

The Regional Assembly confirms the nomination of Dreadton to the Security Council.

To the nominee:
Why do you want to be in the Security Council?
Based on your understanding of the inner workings of the Security Council and knowledge of its members, what difference do you think you make in the Security Council?

Actually I have a question for this Assembly which I think could be addressed as we are possibly welcoming a 13th member. Based on my (limited) understanding of the history of the SC, this is likely to be the time period with the largest SC ever since its inception. I am not saying that Dreadton isn't suitable, don't get me wrong. But are we setting the barriers of entry to the SC much lower than it should be? What then, apart from its constitutional purpose, should be the purpose of the SC? Does the SC lose its purpose if we are going to accept...say 20 people in it?

Last edited:
Why do you want to be in the Security Council?

I have been contributing to the region in various capacities for the last two years. During my time as Vice Delegate, I found the responsibilities and activities of the SC within my skill set. I decided to apply because I think it is a spot where I can contribute to the community effectively over the years to come.

Based on your understanding of the inner workings of the Security Council and knowledge of its members, what difference do you think you make in the Security Council?

With security, you don't really want to make drastic changes and from my experience in the SC, the systems we have are very well effective. The main thing I will be bringing is a different view on matters. Every person has a different perspective on things and by discussing those perspectives we may discover things that were not considered before.

What do you think you will be adding to the table of the Security Council that is currently not present?

Besides my mad dancing skills? A lack of personal life will allow me to dedicate long hours to the cause.

Actually I have a question for this Assembly which I think could be addressed as we are possibly welcoming a 13th member. Based on my (limited) understanding of the history of the SC, this is likely to be the time period with the largest SC ever since its inception. I am not saying that Dreadton isn't suitable, don't get me wrong. But are we setting the barriers of entry to the SC much lower than it should be? What then, apart from its constitutional purpose, should be the purpose of the SC? Does the SC lose its purpose if we are going to accept...say 20 people in it?
TNP is fortunate to have an ever-growing number of qualified candidates who are willing to serve on the SC. It was bound to happen, as regional activity has continued to expand. The number of ministries has grown, and existing ministries have seen more TNP citizens contribute than ever before. The number of former delegates and vice-delegates who remain active here has also grown. Those individuals who have proven their loyalty to the region are natural candidates for SC membership.

I would be reluctant to set a cap on membership. If we limit it, then it forces competition. It makes it political, and to me that goes against the spirit and intent of the SC.

Back