Discord
seathestarlesssky
ga.jpg

Nuclear Aggression Act
Category: Global Disarmament | Strength: Mild
Proposed by: Jedinsto | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

Understanding the need for nuclear weapons in self-defense,

Noting that some smaller nations' only protection from larger nations is mutually assured destruction,

Confirming member nations' right to possess, and produce nuclear weapons,

Finding, however, that the use of a single nuclear weapon will devastate entire cities, and cause death to thousands and even millions of humans, as well as animals, and completely destroys the environment in a certain radius,

Further finding that, without this resolution, in the event nuclear weapons fall in the wrong hands, one impulse could destroy countless nations,

Seeking to reasonably limit nuclear devastation,

Hereby;

1. Defines nuclear weapon as a bomb or missile that uses nuclear fission, fusion, or a combination of the two processes to create an explosion,

2. Bans the use of nuclear weapons on other nations, except for retaliating to a massive, or repeated, attack from an armed force, or in response to a biological, chemical, or nuclear weapon strike, to one's own nation, or a nation allied by treaty for the purposes of mutual defense.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD]Against[/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]1[/TD][TD]16[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Last edited:
Using "nuke" as a verb in a formal resolution is discouraged. I also think there is a much more precise way to define nuclear weapon and map the relationship between WA nations in regard to nuclear armament. Generally, this could have been written better, and that is the first issue that stops me from voting yes before even considering the merits of policy.

Against

I don’t really like the trend of newbies deciding to submit their proposals after a week on the forum. I really don’t like newbies moving it to last call after 24 hours. Also, something in me says either a) we have this or b) we could make it more comprehensive re: WMDs. Against [WA].

So I can annihilate another country so long as it's for "[the retaliation of hostile forces]"? This is great!

Against

Against. Either make it legal for everyody or no one. Letting WA nations to nuke non-WA is dumb and very greedy.
Not only is it greedy, it's just evil, especially considering Article 3 doesn't even require non-member states to actually have done anything to warrant being attacked with nuclear weapons.

This proposal has been resubmitted by the author with a negligible content change. If you wish to change your vote, please tag me or something so I see it.

Last edited:
Note: The author used my client for his TG campaign, though used his own TGs. I didn't run the client because I agreed with the proposal, but to help out. I have mixed feelings about the actual resolution.

Present.

As of 4:58 PM EST, this proposal has achieved the necessary approvals to enter the queue. Barring a withdrawal, this proposal will take the floor for voting at Minor Update next Monday.

Against:

Major risk to Vexilian National Security. We are trying to quash a rebellion here, not make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back