-
TNP Nation
Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965
moc_seal.png

The Future of The North Star and Polaris
Hello everyone!

The North Star has served us well for the last 2 years, providing our residents and allies with important information on happenings within TNP. It has also freed The Northern Lights from having to provide news, ensuring TNL can provide the highest possible quality of content. However, we believe it is time for Communications to take the next step in its mission to provide high quality, relevant, and timely news. Therefore, after February 7th (when January’s TNS is published), The North Star will be discontinued.

The North Star will be replaced by standalone Polaris news articles, which were introduced last year as a way of reporting on news around our region in a timely and relevant manner. Two TNS articles, the NPA Bulletin and the WA Digest, will be moved to the Polaris format and will be published in the second and fourth weeks of each month, respectively. Otherwise, articles will be published as there is news to write about. Foreign Affairs will bundle Polaris articles each week and distribute them to our embassies abroad.

All Executive Staffers are encouraged to suggest news article ideas in the communications channel on discord or in this thread. We will also be adjusting our cards rewards to account for these changes.

Thank you all for your efforts and your cooperation during this change!

BMWSurfer
Minister of Communications

Last edited:
I support this change. I hope this change will provide TNP with prompt, relevant news and free up staffers to spend more time working TNL. I like that you decided to keep some articles on a schedule, since that will remove the potential for complacency I had once feared this idea might bring. I think this is something the Ministry of Communications has needed for some time, so I don't think it will be polarizing.

I think that this is ultimately the right decision. Finding authors for monthly TNS articles was becoming a difficult task (namely for certain segments like the NPA Bulletin and the WA Digest) and the scheduling of publications made it to where even slight delays in publishing could render some content weeks to months old and less relevant by that point.

Switching to covering topics as they happen and as needed will go a long way towards breaking up the monotony of a monthly news release/information dump and I’m confident that Polaris can deliver news in the narrative style that I’ve long felt was more enjoyable for readers

In other words: Support.

Back