Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
It was a beautiful sunny day in Pigletville as a man dressed head to foot in a blue military uniform strolled down the hallways of the Guslant Royal Palace. His medium-long blond hair swept his shoulders as it caught a slight breeze. Today was a tremendous occasion, today was the day that Guslantis would get its new Chancellor. A leader that would either soar to the stars, or cause another revolution that he would have to clean up. This time though, there was no Queen Leah, there was no Chancellor Alicia Burns. He was the person the people were going to look to when shit hit the fan. This was his destiny, but he wasn’t really sure that he was prepared for it.

“Your Majesty,” said a voice and he turned around to greet the person from which it belonged. The voice came from an older Miragean woman dressed in a floral pink dressed, and her black hair jetted out from her head like that of a rose.

“Governor Leng, what pleasure is it that you come to me with?” said the man in response.

The woman clasped her hands together and braced for the comment she was about to make. The man, King Marcus, was not impressed by the look of it. The governor was known to be a bit of a gossiper, and at an event like this, one could only guess what it was she was going to say.

“So, I’ve done my calculations, sir. I think we have the votes necessary to form a coalition. While I don’t think it’s the best option, I do think that it will avoid the excuse of an administration we’re about to go through” she said, gleefully.

“You’re kidding me...,” said Marcus through his teeth.

“What?” asked Leng.

“Are you telling me that you literally have spent your preparation time for the ceremony preparing to oust our democratically elected chancellor?” questioned Marcus.

“Oh your Highness, I would never! I’m just saying that there technically wasn’t a clear winner in our last election, and I’m giving you an opportunity to go ahead and dismiss them,” she explained.

“Follow me,” said Marcus as he led Governor Leng down the hallway and into one of his many offices.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the Royal Palace, the chancellor was preparing for their first speech in their new role. As they looked in the mirror, their barber was busy fixing up their hair, and he had his own words to say.

“Listen, I know you’re not seen as everybody’s favorite. But, I mean, look, you were a war hero. A warrior among the gods! You have been the commander in chief that people have been needing but never knew that they wanted. You may be aggressive, sometimes cruel, but you know what needs to be said and when to say it. You aren’t Alicia Burns, but hell to Alicia! It is time for you to shine!” he said, ripping the cape off the chancellor to let them inspect their new haircut.

The chancellor leaned forward, felt the shaved sides of their hair, and smiled.

“You like it?” the barber asked.

The chancellor nodded, stood up, and proceeded to make their way out of the room. They turned back to the barber, clasped his hands in theirs, and then exited. When the chancellor had left, the barber noticed that they had left a massive tip.

The barber smiled. He had never wanted this person to be in the highest office in the land, and yet, with this small token of kindness, he knew that there was still some good left in them.

Back in Marcus’ office, he and Leng were sitting on one of his sofas, discussing her so-called plan with him. They were joined by another governor, who was sitting quietly beside Leng.

“They just don’t understand foreign policy, Marcus…” complained Leng, loudly.

“If we’re not careful, they will drag us into a war that will not only be devastating to Guslantis, but also our valuable natural resources. Need I remind you that Oida is the only province that has been certified by the Guslantis Universal Preservation and Protection Institute for five years in a row. No other province has GUPPI’s certification,” stated Leng.

“No one gives a damn about GUPPI, Yan Lin,” interrupted the second governor. This man, a stout man with olive skin and white hair used his cane to stand up and get closer to the king.

“We cannot ignore the difference in experience here, Yan Lin has had almost two decades of experience as a governor alone. Not to mention her service to the Kintsugi Academy, and to the crown, of course” said the second governor.

“So, you’re asking me to sack the new chancellor, and replace them with you?” Marcus asked Leng, who quickly shuffled back in her chair.

“Your Majesty! How accusatory of you! I just see a problem, and I’ve found a solution! You need someone who will flaunt Guslantis’ foreign policy, and look, I’ll be that person for you,” she said.

“My one mission is Guslantis get what she has asked for,” replied Marcus.

“Well then I know what you need to do,” said Yan Lin with a smile.

Later that day, each of the twelve governors had gathered on the balcony, preparing for the chancellor to make their first speech. Yan Lin was thrilled, she would not only have plucked the chancellorship from an unworthy individual, she had successfully bestowed the title onto herself.

King Marcus made his way to the front of the balcony towards the crowd, looking to both the six governors on his left and on his right before looking directly at his people, the Guslant people.

“It has felt like years since I’ve spoken to you all last, and to be honest, I have felt every minute slowly tick by. Even though I don’t know many of you, I know that this one thing is shared between us. We love our country. Today marks a new dawn for Guslantis, one without many familiar faces. As you all may know, my sister, your Queen, is gone. Our brave former chancellor, Dame Alicia Burns is off to greener pastures. The alliances we formed must now be rebuilt, and frankly, I’m scared we may be unprepared to make them as strong as they once were,” he began.

“I’ve had to bear this burden, but I do it wholeheartedly. For I am your King, and I am your guardian. It is with this that I make a most difficult decision, one that will impact our country for years to come. It is with this that I introduce for the first time, our new chancellor...Ms. Emily Ackerman of Hogton!”

Yan Lin grabbed her heart as a woman with a beautiful lilac pantsuit emerged from the palace. She wore a longer jacket that came down to her thighs, and her hair, equally as purple, was shaved on the sides, and was stuck up in the middle.

“Good morning Guslantis, and good morning world! Welcome to the first day of a new Ackerman Administration!” she began.

Last edited:
NynkoGL.png

Breaking News: Emily Ackerman Sworn In As Next Guslant Chancellor, An Impact For Years To Come

After years of stagnation within the country, the King of Guslantis is promising something new. King Marcus, a former Associate Minister of Foreign Affairs prior to his ascension, has spent years crafting his skills in the foreign affairs department and learning from his sister, the late Queen Leah.

While many were sure the next Chancellor of Guslantis would be the safe bet of Abigail Hutchinson, the current Governor of Theed, or even the "Diamond Lady" of Miragea, Yan Lin Leng, that was not the case. With a record turnout and a massive split in opinion on Guslantis' future, history was made for the first time. No major party had reached the majority needed to automatically create a government.

The Conservative Party, usually a minority of Guslant voters, were quick to rally behind the war hero and retired general, Emily Ackerman. While Ackerman has never served in a political role, she has advised the military through the terms of Alicia Burns and the life of Queen Leah.

Known for being assertive and passionate for what she believes in, many see her as too brash and downright rude. Many of her critics have also harped on her non-traditional looks that many see as too casual. While Ms. Ackerman was last seen with long natural brown hair, in her first appearance as chancellor, she was rocking purple hair that was shaved along the sides. GNN exclusively sat down with the new chancellor, who had the following to say:

"Guslantis used to be super close with a wide variety of nations, and lately, I feel like we've been a bit more stuffy with who and what we consider as an ally. Listen, I'm all good for joining pacts, but I'm not going to drag Guslantis into pacts where we're pulling all the weight. We're also not going to let our massive corporations talk their way into deals where the prime benefit is their profit lines, not our people. For example, look at Tundra Motors, they make great cars, and the craftsmanship is there. Yet, they can't even be driven in one of our provinces due to government environmental regulation, and those that are electric cost considerably more than their gasoline powered counterpart. I'm gonna piss some people off, but our people do not need to be told what to buy and from whom."

We look forward to seeing what else the new Chancellor announces, and stay tuned to GNN for the latest.

XMiUWvD.jpg

Last edited:
vDTPEOz.png

Transcript:

United Federation සනිබ්-කලිපුනන්
T'inki Huqa
HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT • SALURONG, FEDERAL CAPITAL REGION

Her Excellency
Emily Ackerman
Chancellor of Guslantis
Pigletville

Your Excellency,

I wish to convey and extend congratulations from me and my fellow citizens of the United Federation of Iteria. Democracies such as ours must strive towards closer ties. In an ever-changing world of tenuous peace, the Kingdom of Guslantis lights one of the shining beacons that inspire millions around the world, living in freedom or suffering in bondage.

The United Federation also shares your sentiments in regards to geopolitical blocs. We must always stand resolute for peace. There can be no greater commitment than to the safety and prosperity of our peoples. We owe our service to them, not to anyone else.

Despite the harsh criticism you have received, including petty descriptions of what should be a personal choice—a private matter, we reject to see it as legitimate basis for us not to work with you. A person’s character should never be judged based on their appearance, especially in public office. Only the content of their character should prevail in the criteria of public service.

As one of the leaders of a fellow democracy, I look forward to work with you and see the success of your administration.

My best wishes to you, your family, and the Gustlant people.

Sincerely yours,

Aisha Timuan
High Representative
of the United Federation of Iteria

Last edited:
Back