Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
ga.jpg

Repeal "Right of Emigration"
Category: Repeal | GA #279
Proposed by: KIDS Country | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

General Assembly Resolution #279 “Right of Emigration” (Category: Civil Rights; Strength: Significant) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

COGNIZANT of the individual rights of each member-state to regulate its own immigration and emigration policies,

COGNIZANT of the extremely loose language in General Assembly Resolution 279, allowing for multiple potential loopholes, including the declaration of an entire member-state's population as mentally incapable of travel,

CONCERNED that the resolution has no binding impact should a member-state be committed to regulating and controlling emigration, as the target resolution contains a multitude of workarounds,

CONCERNED that the resolution inappropriately restricts each member-state's ability to control their own sovereign affairs and policy, including potential times of war, when a person's departure or emigration may not be otherwise illegal but nonetheless significantly damaging to the nation's military affairs, such as the emigration of high-ranking arms manufacturing executives during times of armed conflict,

CONCERNED that the resolution actively permits the desertion of a member-state's armed or civil forces, or desertion from civil liabilities, especially in an en masse event in the case of a draft, jury duty, or other institution of conscription, potentially causing great social and governmental instability with resounding effects across the board with respect to national security,

CONCERNED that a member-state can simply make emigration a criminal offense, thereby immediately discharging themselves from the resolution and rendering it completely ineffectual,

ACKNOWLEDGING that member-states have the freedom to issue passports as they please, further rendering the resolution completely ineffectual and otherwise in contradiction with standing international law and convention,

RESOLVING that the target legislation improperly violates national sovereignty should it be fully obeyed, and otherwise ineffective should a member-state decide otherwise, thereby rendering the legislation weak and not of functional constitution and impact,

Hereby repeals General Assembly Resolution 279.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

I think it's a bunch of non-sequiturs overall. While certain concerns (the natsov in the penultimate clause and the "COGNIZANT" clause) may be halfway valid, there are portions of this that are either complete filler (the RESOLVING clause) or else just nonsensical (the CONCERNED and ACKNOWLEDGING clause). Oh, and no support without a replacement on something like this one.

Against. Non-WA.

Last edited:
I think it's a bunch of non-sequiturs overall. While certain concerns (the natsov in the penultimate clause and the "COGNIZANT" clause) may be halfway valid, there are portions of this that are either complete filler (the RESOLVING clause) or else just nonsensical (the CONCERNED and ACKNOWLEDGING clause). Oh, and no support without a replacement on something like this one.

Against. Non-WA.
Cretox drafted a replacement long before and I think he's willing to propose it.

for

Cretox drafted a replacement long before and I think he's willing to propose it.

for
Not that it really changes given my statements on the other thing, but I'd love to see this replacement, if such exists.

This proposal has been withdrawn and the thread has been locked until such time as the author chooses to resubmit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back