Opening Address - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owenstacey

TNPer
TNP Nation
HuksGares
awco2cjvGOgYIoIlXsr1kvfYpM2BM2KssCFBiiWD6C_1tWFxn6pSybWgKS3QpQ77_9Wmqf2fwn4zF8VPyPe1GdrSAUelEhftCPqZUszXWj7hNU2LPcllNBbpT14TlV5bTDa1Ntet

The Ministry of Home Affairs

Greetings everyone,

For those of you who don’t know me, I am Owen, and I am you Minister of Home Affairs this term. I have been in TNP for over 4 years now, and have taken on a variety of positions, including Speaker of the Regional Assembly and Minister of Foreign Affairs. I will be the first to admit that I did not foresee being appointed Minister of Home Affairs and I recognise that I don’t have as much experience in this ministry as I do in others, but that is not going to be a bad thing. I believe that this term we can be really productive and together we can achieve a lot that will benefit the region greatly going forward. I see myself as someone bringing a breath of fresh air into the ministry and implementing some new ideas that I have for the ministry.

Plans for Home Affairs
This term I plan to keep everyone busy and ensure that there is always going to be something for everyone to work on. As mentioned in McMasterdonia’s campaign platform, my aim for this term is to release as many lists as possible to try and support our forum and get as many people to join as possible.

As well as this, I plan on developing the welcome wagon idea that was initiated under Nimarya and focussing on ensuring that people that join the discord are welcomed and encouraged to get involved and stay around.

I also plan on working with all the current ministers to ensure that all of the templates we currently have are up to date and include all of the information that we want to promote each of the ministries in the best way that we can.

My big plan for this term is to develop the forum mentors programme to make it more personal to the people we are reaching out to and diversifying the mentors that we have to ensure that the mentors are in the best position to offer as much assistance to the new members as we can. If we do this properly, I hope that we will be able to generate more enthusiasm among new members and help them find something in the region that they want to take part in and work on.

Finally, as McMasterdonia promised, press releases will be coming back into the Home Affairs remit, which means that we are going to have a lot more work to do in this area. I plan on doing regular short press releases, most likely bi-weekly that outlines what the government has been doing during this time, as well as specific releases for any important events that warrant their own release. Therefore, in the coming days, I will be looking at establishing a small ‘press team’ to work on these new press releases, so think Home Affairs staff should think about whether they want to get involved in that.

Staffing
I will be opening a roll call thread soon to allow me to take stock of who we have around the ministry, so once that is open, anyone that wants to stay involved in the ministry will need to post there.

In terms of Deputy Ministers, I am happy to announce that @Vivanco will be staying. This is really good news for me because Viv was a deputy last term, and so knows the workings of the ministry well and will be able to assist me in anything that I am having trouble with.

As well as this, I am looking to appoint another one or two deputies. Therefore, I am it up to the current staff, so if anyone would like the chance to be a deputy this term, feel free to message either here or on discord setting out why you want to be a deputy and any ideas you have for this term. I am looking to appoint the deputies by the end of the week, so if you want to get involved, you will have to think fast.

I also want to make sure everyone knows that my DMs are open, so if anyone has any questions or problems that they would like to raise with me, feel free to message me.

I am looking forward to what will be a very successful term!

Yours,
Owen
Minister of Home Affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back