Westinor

Registered
TNP Nation
Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
mowa_seal.png

Opening Address - January 2021

Hello everyone! Now, I know you all had fun with Cretox last term, but- huh? Hey, stop booing- what the? Oh, come on! A banana? Really? I haven’t even done anything yet!

I’m glad to have the chance to serve as Minister of World Assembly Affairs this term. I’d like to thank @Cretox State for his invaluable guidance and mentorship - both the Ministry and I would not be where we are right now without it. Under Cretox, this last term has seen the Ministry continue to be active and strong, with IFVs and voting threads posted on time. I am also honoured and excited to be serving under @mcmasterdonia, and with his support I am sure that we can utilize the considerable strength TNP has in the WA and use it to benefit native authors. I’ll try to touch on a few of the key goals and projects we’ll tackle this term.

Last term saw our Ministry grow even larger, with several programs being initiated, mostly focusing on aiding authors before and during the drafting process. However, the Mentorship Program in particular has seen very little use. A priority for this term will be attempting to sustain activity in the Accelerator Program and finding a working system for the Mentorship Program. I especially think the Accelerator Program has merit and is certainly a good way to exhibit TNP’s role as a leader in the WA.

Another key project I hope to make great strides in is the Heroes Of The North program. Last term saw it get a little shock of life, but the term ended with only one proposal publicly in the drafting stage. An important part of this project is finding enthusiastic and dedicated authors willing to spearhead the work on a proposal. The program will be getting another major shock this term in hopes of making progress on several proposals. I believe that Heroes Of The North is not only a great way to bring attention to notable members of our region, but also as a chance to work with and get great advice from Senior WA Consultants and staff, who will work with the primary authors of these proposals.

WALL also continues to not live up to its potential. Its voting power can be incredibly beneficial for TNP authors, but it remains somewhat inactive. However, with McM at the helm, I fully believe we can work to utilize it in coordination with existing programs to assist TNP authors in passing their proposals.

We’ve also been really great with getting IFVs and Voting Threads out on time. They are extremely important to the workings of the Ministry, and encourage active engagement with the happenings of the WA. However, the past two months have seen only six different IFV authors of forty-four proposals, two of whom wrote a single IFV. I would like to see greater activity in this area, and as such I will be encouraging more staffers to post Voting Threads and write IFVs. Punctuality in this sector combined with engagement is crucial to sustaining the healthy activity of the Ministry.

To close off, I’d like to quickly go over Deputies. The responsibilities of Deputies are still, for the most part, administrative. For this term, we’ll be going with the tried and true from the last - both @Fregerson and @saintpeter will be returning, along with @Bobberino. Each has served as a Deputy in this Ministry before, and as a first-time Minister I’ll be needing their reliable presence and experience to back me up. I’ll also be on the lookout for more Deputies should the need arise.

There are many other projects I'd also like to get to this term - from finishing off the revision of the WAA recruitment telegrams to updating staff guides. With motivation, hard work, and a little bit of luck, I'm sure this Ministry can continue to reach the same heights it has been for the past few months.

That’s all for now! I’m really excited to see what we can accomplish this term. Let’s get started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back