Cretox4ViceDel - Transition to Change

Cretox

Somehow, Palpatine has returned
TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
Hey everyone! Cretox here. I hope everyone’s enjoying the new year and related festivities! With a new year comes a new general election, and I’m excited to run for Vice Delegate in it.

About Me
I’ve been in this region since May of this year, and have held various government positions during that time. I’m currently Minister of World Assembly Affairs (appointed September 2020), Election Commissioner (confirmed September 2020), and Security Councilor (joined fairly recently). I have also served as Deputy Speaker, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs, ambassador, and staff member of every ministry.

As you may know, our current Vice Delegate, @Dreadton, does not intend to run for reelection. I’m running because I believe that I’m well-suited for the role and have a lot to bring to the table.

Platform Overview
My vision for the office consists of three main areas:
  1. Core Responsibilities: Smooth and fast transition, endotarting, checks, votes, weekly reports, disclosure, active involvement in the cabinet, and RMB visibility.
  2. New Initiatives: New SC survey, forum outreach to nations who pass the VD check, a comprehensive “SC Handbook” for people to familiarize themselves with the SC, working with the Ministry of Communications on a new TNS article dealing with SC and VD happenings each month, monthly fireside chats, radio shows, citizen endotarting support, and working with the Ministry of Culture on a SC-themed event.
  3. Futureproofing: Fast transition to the #2 ingame endorsements spot, active role in cabinet discussions, and ability to take over for the delegate should such be necessary.

So that’s the tl;dr of what you can expect from my term as VD, and an easy metric by which to judge my performance in the office. I go more in-depth below.

Platform Specifics
Core Responsibilities
  1. Smooth and Fast Transition + Endotarting: I’m currently sitting at 913 endorsements. That’s considerably more than any VD candidate in the last election. Hell, that’s considerably more than any delegate candidate. I’m on the SC. I can clearly endotart. I’m familiar with the tools available to the SC for this purpose, including queries and alerts. I aim to make my transition to the #2 ingame position as painless as possible, and I have the ability to do so. I will also ensure that my endorsements remain at that level throughout the term, as well as the elected delegate’s.
  2. Citizen Checks: As a former Deputy Speaker, I’m used to performing speedy and efficient citizen checks. As a SCer, I’m familiar with what goes into a VD check. I’m confident that I can provide fast checks while ensuring that potential security threats are caught and accounted for.
  3. Votes: I’ll hold votes on SC business efficiently and responsibly, as well as associated discussions.
  4. Weekly Reports: Dreadton has done a great job with these reports, and I applaud him for it. I fully intend to keep up weekly VD reports. I also plan to incorporate additional information into these reports, such as checks done, plans for the future, and a “clean” summary of SC business and discussions over the past week. These reports are an excellent way for the VD to engage with citizens on a regular basis. I’ll actively experiment with the format and content of these reports, along with actively encouraging citizens to engage with them.
  5. Disclosure: Dreadton and the SC have done a great job laying the groundwork for SC declassification. I will continue this work, increase the pace of declassification, and use every available method to reach prior members of the SC for this purpose. I will promptly respond to specific FOIA requests.
  6. Cabinet Involvement: As VD, I’ll expect cabinet access, and will in turn continue the standard of granting the delegate SC access. Executive business, especially related to foreign affairs, can easily be of interest to regional security. I will maintain an active role in cabinet discussions, directly advise the delegate on relevant matters, and ensure that the SC’s and our region’s security interests are properly represented. I’ve also built up a considerable foreign network before and during my time as WA Minister (it’s partly how I managed to pass 14 WA resolutions), which will be useful in quickly hearing about potential security threats from abroad.
  7. RMB Visibility: This one’s pretty straightforward. I’ll endeavor to be active on the RMB, and will encourage other SCers to do the same. It doesn’t have to be anything serious; even silly posting and memes are good for increasing visibility and public engagement. I’ll also hold SC-themed polls when possible.

New Initiatives
  1. SC Survey: Our region has an extensive collection of surveys: we have a WADP survey, IFV survey, now a cards survey, etc. I plan to introduce a new annual “SC Survey” as a way to gather feedback on the SC and gauge public perception of how well we’re performing.
  2. Forum Outreach After VD Check: I’d like to work with the Ministry of Home Affairs (if possible) to create a new forum DM template for those that have just passed the Vice Delegate’s check for citizenship. This template will be distinct from the one HA uses for forum mentoring: it’ll cover the WADP and opportunities in the executive staff, along with introducing the concept of the VD and SC. I plan to look into establishing a rotating schedule for this similar to what the Speaker’s Office uses for checks: an available SCer could send this forum DM just as easily as the VD. This would boost the visibility and engagement of the SC towards newcomers to the region, and introduce concrete opportunities in the region at the same time.
  3. SC Handbook: A guide to the SC, what we do, current projects, what we look for in applicants, and a summary of each member.
  4. New TNS Article: Currently, TNS runs monthly articles reviewing regional WA activity, NPA ops, RA business, etc. I’d be happy to work with the Ministry of Communications on a brief article format that covers significant SC business each month.
  5. Monthly Fireside Chats: Every month, interested/available SCers and I will go on VC to discuss the status of the SC and what we’ve been up to.
  6. Radio Shows: Interviews and broader shows are a great way to get to know people, and definitely something I want to pursue provided the Ministry of Radio is willing.
  7. Citizen Endotarting Support: I plan to write and release a comprehensive guide to endotarting along with a publicly available TG template for that purpose. I will also personally assist people struggling with how to endotart.
  8. Events: Rather than having a big ol’ symposium, I aim to work with the Ministry of Culture on more informal events, such as an Among Us-style game. I will also encourage SCers to get involved with Culture events, especially interregional ones.

Futureproofing
  1. There’s always a chance of TNP facing a delegate emergency or other crisis. My current endorsements and influence being what they are, I’ll have no problem stepping into the ingame delegate seat should such be necessary.
  2. As one of the most active Ministers this past term, and someone who intends to remain an active part of cabinet discussions, executive operations will not be harmed should the line of succession need to be utilized for whatever reason.
  3. Pretty WA voting pictures available upon request.

I hope I’ve comprehensively outlined what a Cretox Vice Delegacy would look like, and I hope you’ll consider voting for me. Overall, I think the office and the SC are in a good place, and I admire the work of those who came before me. It’s just a matter of building on what we have, improving transparency, and expanding the visibility and reach of the office and the Security Council. I’ll answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Events: Rather than having a big ol’ symposium, I aim to work with the Ministry of Culture on more informal events, such as an Among Us-style game. I will also encourage SCers to get involved with Culture events, especially interregional ones.

I very much agree with this line of thought. However, it does seem to go against what Tlomz has planned out. Should he win Delegate and you win VD, how would you go about this possible conflict of ideas?

If I had a vote, you have my support, Cretox. But you knew that already. ;)

1. Monthly Fireside Chats: Every month, interested/available SCers and I will go on VC to discuss the status of the SC and what we’ve been up to.
  2. Radio Shows: Interviews and broader shows are a great way to get to know people, and definitely something I want to pursue provided the Ministry of Radio is willing.
Can you go into more detail with your plans for these two specific points?

What is your greatest weakness and how do you intend to address this weakness if elected?

it’s partly how I managed to pass 14 WA resolutions
Couldn't resist? :P

Serious question: What makes you think that you, the youngest member of the Security Council, has gained enough experience to lead it?

If your intent was to coup the region, how would you go about doing that?

I very much agree with this line of thought. However, it does seem to go against what Tlomz has planned out. Should he win Delegate and you win VD, how would you go about this possible conflict of ideas?
Are you psychic or something? Feels like you read my mind. :P

This is something I've given quite a bit of thought going into this election, and I think it mostly comes down to available material and efficient use of resources. Symposiums are an excellent way to bring awareness to an area, and a great highlight for a ministry's efforts during a term. However, symposium-style events require considerable time and effort, along with material to build off of. I helped run the WA symposium last term, and while it was definitely a fantastic and well-received event that ended up giving us enough material for 2 dedicated Comms issues this term, it only succeeded due to a significant commitment of time and effort by people both within and outside the ministry. The RP symposium this term was similarly effective, and it necessitated a similar level of commitment from all involved. Would a dedicated "SC symposium" during the next term be as effective, especially considering other areas that a symposium could cover? Would it be an effective use of Culture's resources compared to, say, a FA, Defense, or other symposium? I don't believe so. And let's be real: we aren't going to have 10 different symposiums in a term. We can be far more flexible with smaller-scale events that get people to engage with the SC and vice versa. That said, I'm not opposed to a regional security symposium or what have you should there be sufficient interest and if doing so wouldn't divert energy from more pressing or rewarding efforts.

If I had a vote, you have my support, Cretox. But you knew that already. ;)
Thanks! :)

Tell me more about why you chose your slogan, "Transition to Change"
Good question. First off, it's a reference to how I intend to have one of the shortest transitions to my ingame position in recent memory should I be elected (so it's a transition that changes things and hopefully sets something of a new standard). Second, I envision my time as VD as predominantly being characterized by a reimagining of how involved and visible the office can be. I'd consider my term a success if I get the office to a point where future VDs are comfortable proposing new initiatives and have more expansive infrastructure to implement them (so I'd be facilitating a transition... to change).

In 3 words or less, describe your opponent.
"Certainly an option."

Can you go into more detail with your plans for [monthly fireside chats and radio shows]?
Definitely. My fireside chats would be pretty simple, at least to start with. I'll settle on a time every month that works for myself and interested SCers/others, create a loose schedule for the event, and advertise. I'll also work with the Ministry of Radio on recording these things. As for radio shows, panel-style events (with myself and interested others answering questions) and 1-on-1 interviews are the 2 main things I'm thinking about.

What is your greatest weakness and how do you intend to address this weakness if elected?
Sometimes, I insist on doing things myself without involving others, even when they're just as capable of doing the work in question. It's important to note in general that the SC isn't a ministry, and the VD's job isn't really to order SCers around. Much of what I have planned for the office will be my own effort, with the SC playing an active role where beneficial. Additionally, I plan to make full use of the SC's advisory capabilities throughout the term.

Couldn't resist? :P

Serious question: What makes you think that you, the youngest member of the Security Council, has gained enough experience to lead it?
You know me too well :P

Just for context, the current Vice Delegate was not and still isn't on the SC at all. Also, I firmly believe that the VD's job isn't to "lead" the SC so much as to chair it. SC experience is certainly useful to that end, as I'll have prior experience working with other SCers. Additionally, I'm familiar with what goes into a VD citizenship check and declassification. So overall, I'd say that being on the SC prior to running is certainly beneficial, but not a necessity.

If your intent was to coup the region, how would you go about doing that?
VD candidates are probably the best people to ask this question. As VD, I wouldn't be in as easy a position to directly coup as a delegate. However, I'd be in an amazing position to consolidate power and destabilize the region to my advantage. I'd start by helping a new candidate get elected delegate, then "accidentally" take the ingame delegate seat during the transition so people get used to the idea. I'd quietly sabotage the new guy's efforts to take the seat themselves. I'd make a big stink out of "reckless endorsement gathering," and insist that non-SCers have no reason to have that many endorsements. The goal here would be to install myself as ingame delegate for as long as possible and impose a de facto endocap. I would gradually increase the punitiveness of my citizen checks, to the point where the assumption becomes that people are a potential threat until proven otherwise. I'd aim to gradually make RA voting on rejected applications seem normal. I'd make the SC seem friendly and inviting to new people, with the goal of more people applying to join the SC. I'd ensure that as many new people join the SC as possible, which I'll chalk up to the efforts of a convenient scapegoat. I'll vote out old SCers on the grounds of inactivity and the SC being too big. When the time is right, I'll trick one of the new SCers into committing espionage. I'll pin it on the scapegoat, and use the incident to bring down the hammer. New people clearly have no place on the SC or in the government. My meddling with the new delegate will only reinforce this increasingly widespread viewpoint.

While all this is happening, I'll be working on the new and inexperienced delegate. I'll do my duties as VD diligently and publicly, so people get it in their heads that I'm an excellent public servant and a natural at the job. At the same time, I'll subtly sabotage the efforts of the new administration. I'll demand a bigger and bigger seat at the executive table, and publicly call out every failure, every inadequacy. I'll file r4rs, press charges, and push for the resignation of ministers that could threaten my plans. In time, I'll be seen as the public watchdog keeping the government intact against a ludicrously incompetent delegate. It'll be seen as only natural when I run for delegate. The failure of my predecessor would have alienated much of the old guard, and I'll be the only candidate with enough endorsements to keep the transition from taking the entire term. Even better, I'll nudge the beleaguered delegate into resigning so I can step in. From then on, it'd just be a matter of securing my grip on power. Ideally, the elected delegate never takes the ingame seat between being elected and resigning/being recalled. Public opinion will be firmly on my side. The court would be too afraid to stop me. Even my opponents would see me as the lesser evil, and a stabilizing force after the catastrophe of the previous delegate. The SC would be too bloated, too new, and too besieged to stop me. Without sufficient institutional memory, the new SC might even support me. TNP would be caught in a bind: support me, or watch the region descend into utter chaos.

Definitely. My fireside chats would be pretty simple, at least to start with. I'll settle on a time every month that works for myself and interested SCers/others, create a loose schedule for the event, and advertise. I'll also work with the Ministry of Radio on recording these things. As for radio shows, panel-style events (with myself and interested others answering questions) and 1-on-1 interviews are the 2 main things I'm thinking about.
Thanks for answering, and I like your ideas thank you.

Just a couple of months ago, you applied to the Security Council? Someone could say that this application was done in order to boost your chances of becoming the ice Delegate in January. If someone said that, how would you respond?

Just a couple of months ago, you applied to the Security Council? Someone could say that this application was done in order to boost your chances of becoming the ice Delegate in January. If someone said that, how would you respond?
A couple of months ago, I was under the impression that Dreadton would stand for re-election and was not considering a January VD run myself.

Last edited:
Back