-
TNP Nation
Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz
del_seal.png

Statement on Disclosures
Good afternoon all!

As we grow near the end of this term, I am very happy to announce that the release of the long-awaited disclosures will occur in batches over the next 48 hours. This has been an ongoing project throughout the entire term and we are on our final checks to ensure regional security and the personal information of government staff both past and present is protected. They will be located in the Delegate's Archive with a listing below of the specific subforums as they are posted.

Before I continue, I would like to apologize for both myself taking near the whole term to tackle this, and on behalf of all the previous administrations that pushed these off, put forth minimal effort to pretend they were actually doing them, or decided it wasn't their problem to deal with and threw it on the lap of the incoming delegate. This is not only completely intolerable but also an affront to the transparency we hold so dearly here as we have racked up 4 years worth of government back-logs. To those who called out previous administrations to no avail, I hear you, and I wish they would have done them too as these took quite a long time to compile.

Going forward, change must occur to prevent any of the previous excuses from ever being used again. Myself and hopefully others will be joining me in working on legislation to ensure that disclosures can no longer be allowed to go as long as these have been allowed. Specifically, as suggested in the past, the Delegate will be responsible for preparing the logs of their own cabinet at the end of each of their terms. While disclosures are not due for one year past use of that channel ceases, this ensures people who are familiar with the workings and context of the administration are the ones redacting potentially sensitive information. Another sad fact of this situation (and why having people who are familiar with the administration being so critical) is that many of these logs were before I even was a member of The North Pacific, much less its executive government, which required me to research additional context and spend far more time per each individual log than otherwise required. The above suggested change with provisions to allow the 'disclosing' administration the ability to check over and make further redactions as necessary would reduce the time required for disclosures to occur and ensure the private information of members of those channels is only seen by members of those channels.

In conclusion, I would like to promote open and earnest discussion on how this should be handled going forward, with the above simply being suggestions and a start to this discussion.

I thank you for your patience and look forward to hearing ideas.

Special Thank You to @Pallaith for assisting me in working through these, none of this would have been close to finish with just a single person working alone.

*Timeline adjusted to 48 hours so I'm not posting in the middle of the night

Last edited:
All listings will be put in the Delegate's Private Archive and moved later when clarification on locations is found.

All logs are now live.
I think I am going to go grab a drink, maybe not read a text file for a few days.

Last edited:
Back