Discord
Cretox#0125
ga.jpg

Strategic Environmental Assessment System
Accelerator Draft Discussion and Review

Category: Education and Creativity | Area of Effect: Education
Proposed by: Blyskalia | Onsite Topic

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the importance of the climate which is shared in trust between all nations,

Intending to create a structured environmental data system aiming to ensure that environmental and other sustainable projects are considered effectively in policy, plan, and program making.

Hereby,

• 1. Establishes the Strategic Environmental Assessment System, also known as SEAS, which will be tasked with:
    • a. Gathering existing relevant climatic and environmental information from Member States,
    • b. Conducting original climatic and environmental research regarding:
      • i. Current and potential future environmental hazards,
      • ii. Potential improvements that can be made to Member State's environmental policy,
      • iii. The efficacy of sustainability programs which may already be underway in a Member State,
      • iv. The environmental impact of proposed public projects or developments within a Member State,
    • c. Systematizing information into comprehensive Environmental Assessment Reports, or EAR's, which shall:
      • i. Provide Member States:
        • 1. Recommendations for future sustainable development,
      • 2. Warnings regarding harmful environmental hazards,
      • 3. A report on the efficacy of current sustainability projects,
    • d. Creating publicly available Environmental Research Reports, or ERR's, which are generalized reports meant for universal consumption by all Member States for the purpose of advancing general knowledge in climatic and environmental research,
  • 2. Mandates all Member States provide to SEAS any existing research or data which is deemed by SEAS to be valuable to the formulation of EAR or ERR reports,
  • 3. Permits non-governmental scientific research groups to contribute environmental research in the organization phase of the formulation of EAR and/or ERR reports with the understanding that they may negotiate compensation for the licensing of such material to SEAS,
  • 4. Mandates all reports are published free of charge,
  • 5. Permits Member States to restrict public access to their respective EAR reports on an unconditional basis,
Note: This is an internal discussion on a draft proposal accepted to the WA Accelerator Program. Please rip this draft apart and offer any comments you may have; the objective here is to help the author make this proposal better. If the author does not have access to this subforum, comments will be communicated to them by the Minister or an assigned Deputy. Detailed feedback is appreciated and encouraged!

Sponsorship Voting Instructions (Optional):
  • Vote Accept if you want the Ministry and Delegate to sponsor the proposal upon submission.
  • Vote Reject if you want the Ministry and Delegate to not sponsor the proposal upon submission.
Detailed opinions on whether to sponsor this proposal are likewise appreciated and encouraged!

Accept Reject

Last edited by a moderator:
Reject. I’m not sending all climate data that I could ever get to some GA committee. As well, let’s say it turns out my weather measurement tools don’t work - I’m still required to submit data created by them, and I’m not required to tell this committee that my data isn’t working. As well, there are no requirements for me to submit accurate data.

Last edited:
This is Draft 2, my first draft can be seen above:

Category: Education and Creativity
Area of effect: Eduction

The General Assembly,

Recognizing the importance of the climate which is shared in trust between all nations,

Intending to create a structured environmental data system aiming to ensure that environmental and other sustainable projects are considered effectively in policy, plan, and program making.

Hereby,

• 1. Establishes the Strategic Environmental Assessment System, also known as SEAS, which will be tasked with:
    • a. Gathering existing relevant climatic and environmental information from Member States,
    • b. Conducting original climatic and environmental research regarding:
      • i. Current and potential future environmental hazards,
      • ii. Potential improvements that can be made to Member State's environmental policy,
      • iii. The efficacy of sustainability programs which may already be underway in a Member State,
      • iv. The environmental impact of proposed public projects or developments within a Member State,
    • c. Systematizing information into comprehensive Environmental Assessment Reports, or EAR's, which shall:
      • i. Provide Member States:
        • 1. Recommendations for future sustainable development,
      • 2. Warnings regarding harmful environmental hazards,
      • 3. A report on the efficacy of current sustainability projects,
    • d. Creating publicly available Environmental Research Reports, or ERR's, which are generalized reports meant for universal consumption by all Member States for the purpose of advancing general knowledge in climatic and environmental research,
  • 2. Urges all Member States provide to SEAS any existing research or data which is both declassified/public in nature and deemed by SEAS to be valuable to the formulation of EAR or ERR reports,
  • 3. Permits non-governmental scientific research groups to contribute environmental research in the organization phase of the formulation of EAR and/or ERR reports with the understanding that they may negotiate compensation for the licensing of such material to SEAS,
  • 4. Mandates all reports are published free of charge,
  • 5. Permits Member States to restrict public access to their respective EAR reports on an unconditional basis,

Last edited:
Any recommendations that you think the resolution needs?
See, now SEAS can just seize data that they think is valuable to the formulation of EAR or ERR reports, which could be anything, including sensitive information.

See, now SEAS can just seize data that they think is valuable to the formulation of EAR or ERR reports, which could be anything, including sensitive information.
Changed the section around a bit, made it harder for sensitive info to be seized

I am working on more drafting and considering the feedback, I am going to try to focus the resolution on the global monitoring of air quality/pollution. Any feedback on this idea?

Back