Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Commend Praeceps
Category: Commendation | Target: Praeceps
Proposed by: Honeydewistania | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Observing that Praeceps was one of the nations that pioneered the formation of The North Pacific Cards Guild, and was subsequently appointed as its first Guildmaster,

Noting The North Pacific Cards Guild’s role as the first and largest alliance of art collecting nations and further noting the high concentration of influential collecting nations involved within its programs,

Realising that the efforts of Praeceps as Guildmaster are largely responsible for such successes, including:
  • Investing large amounts of time processing artwork requests, accepting new guild members, tallying votes for various events, and outwardly representing the guild on the international stage,

• Creating the 31 Days of Legendaries Event, resulting in higher guild publicity and membership growth due to the massive distribution of highly valued artwork,

• Overseeing the production and execution of the The Comprehensive Guide to NationStates Cards, one of the most frequently cited references among collectors; The Monthly Snapshot, a semi-frequent and comprehensive artwork news source; and The Monthly Card Collection Competition, where nations compete to create collections matching a predetermined theme and have the chance to win highly coveted art pieces,

• Recruitment of nations within the guild to serve in the leadership, many of which who have been previously recognised by the Security Council for their own outstanding achievements to the guild and beyond,

• Peacekeeping through the humane punishment of nefarious nations who violate the rules of the North Pacific Cards Guild, such as the condemned Noahs Second Country, who was caught in the egregious act of stealing bank funds from a fellow guild member,
Recognising that Praeceps’ efforts in modeling The North Pacific Cards Guild into a professional organisation led to the eventual establishment of the Ministry of Cards within The North Pacific, permanently establishing their legacy within the largest region in the world,

Appreciating the open, community-driven nature of Praeceps, as indicated by their narratives in publications such as The Monthly Snapshot and in interregional festivals, where they encourage other regions to develop similar programs and offer their assistance in doing so, inspiring artwork programs in regions such as 10000 Islands,

Lauding Praeceps for their other contributions to The North Pacific, such as by serving two terms as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, where they resurrected the previously inactive diplomatic corps and remodeled it into an efficient organisation, as well as introducing the practice of releasing regular updates during the term which has since been adopted by other ministries,

Applauding Praeceps for their contributions to The North Pacific's Ministry of Culture through their role as Deputy Minister, where they organise 'Social Deduction Games' - fun games that help to foster regional activity and create bonds between nations,

Acclaiming Praeceps for their legislative contributions in The North Pacific, which include proposing constitutional amendments that clarified procedures regarding security checks and prohibiting members of the Security Council from being members while having a lapsed citizenship, boosting regional security,

Praising Praeceps for their positive international impact via the World Assembly as the author and co-author of several World Assembly proposals and resolutions, such as:
Determining Praeceps to be an exemplary nation dedicated to assisting both their regional and the international community via their outlined actions,

Hereby Commends Praeceps.

Co-authored by Pineappleistania.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]23[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Commend Praeceps was passed 11,851 votes to 1,459 (89.0% support).

Last edited by a moderator:
IFV

Overview
"Commend Praeceps" is an effort to commend one of The North Pacific's very own for their long and meritorious service to the region and to the wider international community, focusing on their cards-related contributions, including their efforts in setting up the North Pacific Card Guild as well as their authorship of several cards-related news and information. The proposal also touches on the nominee's continuous contributions to the Security Council and several government positions in TNP.

Recommendation
Praetor has been a pillar of TNP's community, and has played a huge role in the development of key cards programs and the exploration of new communities in the SC. Their commitment to the cards community, their commitment to TNP's foreign and domestic security, and finally, their commitment to promoting international peace has not gone unnoticed, and thus we believe that Praeceps has more than cleared the bar to be Commended.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting For the Security Council Resolution at vote, "Commend Praeceps".

Last edited:
I knew this day would come eventually, and for most of my NS career I didn't think I'd be voting the way I will be. With that said, for all our exchanges, good and bad...

For

For.

Not many people know this, very few actually, very few- Praetor is a tough guy. So tough. And smart. You know, I know a lot of tough guys, but they're stupid. But Praetor is tough and smart. Big, manly arms, like a steak. TNP steaks are the juiciest steaks. You will never find a tougher, smarter steak. Believe me, I understand steaks, they're my favorite food! And Praetor is a tough steak. Pineappleistania is building a steak. They're competing with me. But TNP steaks are the best steaks. And you can't compete with that.

While it is typical for nominees to not comment prior to the resolution passing, given that voting ends in approximately 7 hours, the WA staff tends to lock these treads once voting concludes and I don't usually wake up until minor is over...

I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who supported the resolution. I am quite pleasantly surprised with how well the resolution did (or is doing). The outpouring of support is quite appreciated (and hopefully the vote doesn't drastically turn around in the next couple of hours :P ). A huge thank you to @Honeydewistan for authoring and @Noah's Second Country for co-authoring. Also, shoutout to @r3naissanc3r without whom the Cards Guild would not be nearly as successful. Also, shoutout to @DGES for continuing to lead the Guild demonstrating that the Guild is not reliant on a couple of individuals but it will be an institution that will stay around in TNP.

also: Present. :P

Last edited:
Commend Praeceps was passed 11,851 votes to 1,459 (89.0% support).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back