-
-
Pronouns
She/Her They/Them
TNP Nation
Vivanco
Discord
ra#9794
This thread shall be used for witness deposition of @Wonderess in the trial The North Pacific v St George.

Per the Court Rules and Procedures:

1. The witness must make the following oath before questioning can begin: "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

2. Any Justice may moderate this deposition.

3. Questioning will proceed in the following order until both sides have exhausted their questions:
a. Defense may ask their questions and any follow-ups.
b. Prosecution will have the opportunity to object to the asked questions.
c. Moderating Justice will rule on any objections.
d. Witness will answer the questions, if no objections or they are overruled.
e. When defense questions and follow-ups are exhausted, prosecution may ask their questions and any follow-ups.
f. Defense will have the opportunity to object to the asked questions.
g. Moderating Justice will rule on any objections.
h. Witness will answer the questions, if no objections or they are overruled.
i. Return to a, if needed.

4. At conclusion of questioning, the Moderating Justice shall publish the official record of the deposition in the trial thread.

Last edited:
Your honour, are witnesses permitted to embellish their oaths?
The Court Rules and Procedures states the following:
Before answering any questions, the witness must swear the following oath: "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."
The witness' oath has the very exact words needed, and the addition does not contradict the oath.
I say they are permitted to add things after the oath as long as they don't act against the very nature of the oath, or the oath on itself.
The oath was taken, and the additional embellishment didn't modify the oath, thus leaving the oath alone in nature.
I will permit this.

The Court considers that the defense has had more than enough time to begin the questioning to the witness, and their lack of answers will be taken as absence of questions.
For that, the deposition is concluded. The official record will be posted in the trial thread in due course.

Back