-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
The Delegate:
Mr. Speaker, I appoint @Sil Dorsett and @Oracle to the Election Commission, of which requires a confirmation vote by the august Regional Assembly.
The Delegate has nominated @Sil Dorsett and @Oracle to the Election Commission. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nominations. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @TlomzKrano.

Should these nominations go to a vote, I intend to put the following motions to the Regional Assembly:
Motion:
The Regional Assembly, acting on the nomination of the delegate, appoints Sil Dorsett to the Election Commission.
Motion:
The Regional Assembly, acting on the nomination of the delegate, appoints Oracle to the Election Commission.

I'm not really familiar with TNPers, but I do think these people are reliable and trustworthy from what I've gathered

My only question I guess is: aren’t you guys tired of this particular job?

If you’re not then sure whatever I’ll support you again.

In the spirit of the now immortal words of our Delegate from Siwales confirmation, I believe Sil and Oracle have a demonstrated history of being perfectly adequate government servants. Full support.

Last edited:
My only question I guess is: aren’t you guys tired of this particular job?

If you’re not then sure whatever I’ll support you again.
I am happy to continue to serve the region in this position.

Full support.

Both have a track record of long and committed service to the Election Commission. Not much else need be said

Do you ever wish people brought forward more election petitions?

EDIT: slightly more seriously, do you think that there may be an argument for changing the ways of disposing with a petition, particularly having regard to the potential for oddities such as happened here?

Do you think that it might help in the administration of future elections for petitions to be disposed of with a brief reason approved by the whole Commission rather than the individual reasons of different Commissioners?

Last edited:
Seeing a motion and a second, a vote will begin in around 2-2.5 hours time.

Do you ever wish people brought forward more election petitions?

EDIT: slightly more seriously, do you think that there may be an argument for changing the ways of disposing with a petition, particularly having regard to the potential for oddities such as happened here?

Do you think that it might help in the administration of future elections for petitions to be disposed of with a brief reason approved by the whole Commission rather than the individual reasons of different Commissioners?

I think the options available to resolve a petition are comprehensive enough to cover the range of ways to correct an error made by the election supervisors. Discussions on those kinds of matters are about what kind of damage to the integrity of the election has been done and how can it best be fixed, and the options currently in place are the fairest ways. (The particular case you brought up was definitely an oddity, but I think the commissioners at the time handled it as best they could in the end. I think the oddity of a forum-banned citizen remaining in an election could be a matter for the RA to look later, given that they wouldn't be able to take the Oath of Office.)

I do think a brief synopsis of the decision would be convenient, but individual reasons, especially dissenting opinions, must be heard as well. Hell, I see this in other government bodies where members dissent but the public statement doesn't reflect the fact that the decision was not unanimous. I think we need to see more of both.

Seeing an objection, and wishing to allow more time for all questions to be answered, I am extending the time before these nominations will come to vote - until Saturday.

Mr. Speaker, when was this scheduled to go to vote? There was a motion to vote and a second, and only one objection. I understand the delay to allow Artemis and myself time to answer Zyvet's question, but now that time has passed. It's now Sunday (your time).

Back