Discord
Cretox#0125
sc.jpg

Commend Northrop-Grumman
Accelerator Draft Discussion and Review

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Commend Northrop-Grumman
Proposed by: Makdon | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Aware of the deep importance that knowledge of the world’s nations plays in facilitating foreign affairs, and that the significance of this information being readily available and effectively collated cannot be overstated, for without it relations cannot feasibly be conducted in any reasonable manner, and the ramifications for such mismanaged relations could surely be dark,

Applauding Northrop-Grumman for their commitment to maintaining well organized and frequently updated indexes of both nation’s capitals and leaders, for fifteen and sixteen years respectively, which have additionally inspired a separate catalog of national sports that employs the same methodology and layout,

Impressed that the three indexes, two made by Northrop-Grumman and one inspired by them, possess the following merits compared to the regular procedure of finding and viewing a nation’s information panel:
  1. The indexes of Northrop-Grumman contain useful references to information nation’s have chosen to provide that is relevant to their capital or biographical of their leader, which is both useful and edifying,
  2. Nations newly founded are not able to display their capital or leader, so Northrop-Grumman’s indexes can be the only way to discover them,
  3. The indexes allow for the quick finding of information on multiple nations, since they are all held in one place,
  4. In the case of the national sports index, there is no standard display for national sports, so without the index foreign nations are left in the dark,
Furthermore familiar with the potentially dark consequences that the aesthetics and decoration (commonly and henceforth referred to as themes) of the agencies and embassies through which a nation’s government is run and interacts with the NationStates community have, and the benefits bestowed upon nations by a well designed, pleasing, and functional theme,

Lauding Northrop-Grumman's no doubt arduous labor in designing and donating two highly accessible and pleasant themes for nations' use, which afforded nations even more options and room for personal preference, that integrated easily with already existing government offices and allowed many nations’ leaders’ and bureaucrats’ eyes a well needed break and some much needed darkness, and which Northrop-Grumman selflessly furnished the NationStates community with and would freely provide to all nations,

Noting that both themes developed by Northrop-Grumman were later incorporated throughout NationStates, becoming more easily available for all nations to use, and that their interior designers have continued to maintain, update, fix, and respond to feedback on keeping both themes dark,

Impressed with the work of Northrop-Grumman in creating the Universal Network for the Integrated Transactional Economy (UNITE), a national and transgalactic computer system that registers all citizens, organizations of citizens, and foreign visitors through the use of a personal identification card, and which provides numerous advantages by providing easy and efficient flow of information and government services,

Confident that in light (or as the case may be, darkness) of these contributions, which exemplify both long lasting commitment and technical prowess, there can be no question that Northrop-Grumman is overly deserving of recognition,

Hereby commends Northrop-Grumman.
Note: This is an internal discussion on a draft proposal accepted to the WA Accelerator Program. Please rip this draft apart and offer any comments you may have; the objective here is to help the author make this proposal better. If the author does not have access to this subforum, comments will be communicated to them by the Minister or an assigned Deputy. Detailed feedback is appreciated and encouraged!

Sponsorship Voting Instructions (Optional):
  • Vote Accept if you want the Ministry and Delegate to sponsor the proposal upon submission.
  • Vote Reject if you want the Ministry and Delegate to not sponsor the proposal upon submission.
Detailed opinions on whether to sponsor this proposal are likewise appreciated and encouraged!

Accept Reject

Last edited:
Reject for now. This seems promising, but I'd like to see how it looks once the R1-breaking stuff is removed.

Edit: Accept.

Last edited:
How are you feeling about this now? There's not much more I think is really worth adding onto it, but it's fairly short. Does it have enough content without talking about the dark themes?
I think it should work, so long as people understand their work on the dark theme. Perhaps mention the index inspired by NG's in a separate clause.

If you can’t write a legal proposal, don’t bother to write one. Reject.
Also, the dark theme is overrated.

If you can’t write a legal proposal, don’t bother to write one. Reject.
Also, the dark theme is overrated.
I will note that the current version of this proposal is legal, and that I have written and passed two legal proposals. As to whether you personally like dark theme, that isn't particularly relevant. Take commend Praetor. Obviously, to the majority of WA nations, praetor's accomplishments have had little positive effect on them, as they aren't from TNP. They may nonetheless support it, however, because they realize that his contributions are still commendable even if they don't directly effect. This is true of most proposals, and it's a weird line to draw on only this one.

I will note that the current version of this proposal is legal, and that I have written and passed two legal proposals. As to whether you personally like dark theme, that isn't particularly relevant. Take commend Praetor. Obviously, to the majority of WA nations, praetor's accomplishments have had little positive effect on them, as they aren't from TNP. They may nonetheless support it, however, because they realize that his contributions are still commendable even if they don't directly effect. This is true of most proposals, and it's a weird line to draw on only this one.
I agree that "Also, the dark theme is overrated." isn't an argument by itself against a resolution. However, the current proposal does not convince me that a commend is warranted here.

Back