Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Commend Ariusgrad
Category: Commendation | Target: Ariusgrad
Proposed by: Joan dArc (Kuriko) | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Noting that Ariusgrad, first elected on January 31st, 2012, has been the longest serving delegate of the region Philippines to the World Assembly,

Recognizing the eight and a half years of unparalleled service of Ariusgrad to said region as its President, encouraging active participation of its residents in regional and global affairs,

Impressed by the performance of Ariusgrad as they took the task of leading a relatively small and unknown region riddled with fleeting administrations, feuding member nations, and strong invasions,

Further noting that Ariusgrad introduced to Philippines at least 11 new government capacities within a constitutional democratic setup, including the Vice Delegate (Vice President), the Communications Officer (Minister of Foreign Affairs), the Homeland Officer (Minister of Domestic Affairs), and the Security Officer (Minister of Defense) as a commitment towards efficient and effective service within and outside the region,

Admiring the fact that they quickly resolved at least 30 invasion attempts during their administration of the Philippines, including at least four that had a total of over 40 invading nations and at least one with a total of over 70 invading nations taking control of the region from Ariusgrad,

Applauding the diplomacy of Ariusgrad as they helped their region maintain warm relations with more than 100 regions at one time, including multiple major regions such as The Rejected Realms and The Order of the Grey Wardens, while cooperating and working with a number of them in multiple missions in the past,

Praising the leadership of Ariusgrad which brought Philippines to new heights, administering the most number of member nations in the region's history as it reached 177 nations in 2017,

Respecting their prolific work to maintain a good international standing for Philippines as Ariusgrad continued to be active in the universe by having their region join the inter-regional alliance of the URA, an alliance of over 34 independent regions dedicated to World Assembly matters and inter-regional peace,

Grateful for Ariusgrad's continued programs to bolster defense and reinforce security from the regional to the global scale in promotion of ready power for peace,

Moved by their commitment to achieve economic and social development within a shared world,

Believing that the existence of a nation passionate about individual participation, international relations, inclusiveness, openness, and democratization in this decade makes the world a better place for all,

Hereby commends Ariusgrad.

Co-authored by Lanaograd
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]5[/TD][TD]15[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]4[/TD][/TR]

Commend Ariusgrad was defeated 9,856 votes to 4,576(31.7% support).

Last edited:
IFV

Overview
Commend Ariusgrad focuses on the target’s long-time service to their native region, Philippines, noting their position as President and part in protecting the region from invasions by raiders. The proposal puts particular emphasis on the target’s role in regional development, including the creation of 11 government positions, regional population growth, and fostering positive foreign relationships.

Recommendation
While promoting regional growth and development is a respectable cause, the target does not appear to be remotely commendable by SC standards. The target and their home region do not appear to have had any larger effect or influence on the Gameplay or Nationstates community as a whole, and most of the actions taken by the target to improve said home region do not appear to be particularly exemplary. The proposal also suffers from strange wording, as well as the exaggeration of several actions taken by the target, most notably in reference to the target’s supposed maintenance of “warm relations with more than 100 regions”.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting Against the at-vote Security Council proposal “Commend Ariusgrad”.

Last edited:
I can't honestly comment accurately on how deserving the nominee is, so I would vote Present if I was WA.

Edit: I am now WA for the time being

Last edited:
I don’t like the emphasis on democracy (on NS democracy can be very harmful) but on the whole it’s a high-quality proposal that convinced me that the nominee is deserving.
For.

Against.

I don’t like the emphasis on democracy (on NS democracy can be very harmful) but on the whole it’s a high-quality proposal that convinced me that the nominee is deserving.
For.
This is a bizarre statement considering you're in NS's premiere democracy.

Against.

For a nation such as Ariusgrad (i.e. longtime native of a founderless region) to be commendable, I feel that they need to either have contributed to defending at large (i.e. outside defending their own region) or have made their own region a positive force and a power to reckon with in NationStates. For Ariusgrad, sure, I guess they worked hard to stopped Philippines from getting destroyed by raiders, but there's no contributing to defending at large here, nor has the region Philippines become relevant by any stretch of the imagination.

Also:
Applauding the diplomacy of Ariusgrad as they helped their region maintain warm relations with more than 100 regions at one time, including multiple major regions such as The Rejected Realms and The Order of the Grey Wardens, while cooperating and working with a number of them in multiple missions in the past,
Sorry, but there's just no way for any region, even the largest one, to "maintain warm relations with more than 100 regions at one time", if you take any meaningful definition of "warm relations". Gross exaggeration.

Last edited:
Against. I'm wholly unconvinced that this is a deserving nominee.

Noting that Ariusgrad, first elected on January 31st, 2012, has been the longest serving delegate of the region Philippines to the World Assembly,
In what world does sitting on a delegate seat for a while make someone commendable?

Recognizing the eight and a half years of unparalleled service of Ariusgrad to said region as its President, encouraging active participation of its residents in regional and global affairs,
So this person sat in an elected position since 2012. This reads strangely to me.

Impressed by the performance of Ariusgrad as they took the task of leading a relatively small and unknown region riddled with fleeting administrations, feuding member nations, and strong invasions,
First, Ariusgrad currently has a grand total of 19 endorsements as delegate. Second, I've never heard of Philippines. Third, I wouldn't call leading a small region commendable. Fourth, what is a "strong invasion"? As opposed to what, a weak invasion?

Further noting that Ariusgrad introduced to Philippines at least 11 new government capacities within a constitutional democratic setup, including the Vice Delegate (Vice President), the Communications Officer (Minister of Foreign Affairs), the Homeland Officer (Minister of Domestic Affairs), and the Security Officer (Minister of Defense) as a commitment towards efficient and effective service within and outside the region,
We're commending someone for creating government positions?

Admiring the fact that they quickly resolved at least 30 invasion attempts during their administration of the Philippines, including at least four that had a total of over 40 invading nations and at least one with a total of over 70 invading nations taking control of the region from Ariusgrad,
I'm confused by this. How did they "resolve" these invasions? Successful defending over a long period of time feels like it should be the main thrust of this proposal, and even then I'm not convinced if this is commendable. In its current state, I can't really discern what, exactly, this clause is referring to.

This feels like padding. What does "warm relations" even mean here? I agree with @Gorundu on this.

Praising the leadership of Ariusgrad which brought Philippines to new heights, administering the most number of member nations in the region's history as it reached 177 nations in 2017,
With 19 WAs currently endorsing the delegate. How is having 177 nations in a region commendable? What steps has the nominee taken to get their region to this point?

Respecting their prolific work to maintain a good international standing for Philippines as Ariusgrad continued to be active in the universe by having their region join the inter-regional alliance of the URA, an alliance of over 34 independent regions dedicated to World Assembly matters and inter-regional peace,
Never heard of them.

Grateful for Ariusgrad's continued programs to bolster defense and reinforce security from the regional to the global scale in promotion of ready power for peace,
What programs?

Moved by their commitment to achieve economic and social development within a shared world,
What is this referring to?

Believing that the existence of a nation passionate about individual participation, international relations, inclusiveness, openness, and democratization in this decade makes the world a better place for all,
Cool. The proposal doesn't really make a strong case for any of these, though.

Last edited:
Against. If a figure I've tried to commend who it seems has done well more on the inter-regional stage than Ariusgrad isn't commendable, Ariusgrad isn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back