Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Repeal “Commend Wintony”
Accelerator Draft Discussion and Review
Category: Repeal | Target:SC #249
Proposed by: Makdon | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

The Security Council,

Recognizing that the accomplishments of Wintony mentioned in SC#249 Commend Wintony, specifically to the region of Illuminati, may well have been respectable and demanding endeavors,

Understanding, however, that these contributions ultimately do not merit commendation for the following reasons:

1. Copious nations have labored for and within only a single region, so for such work to be worthy on its own of commendation, it must be truly exceptional, and Wintony's efforts towards improving their region consist of significantly less than than than those made by numerous other nations, and thus do not reach this caliber and should not be so highly lauded,
  2. Harassment is a grave and undoubtedly serious misdemeanor, but it is utterly irrelevant to the commendation whether Illuminati had a history of it, in fact, such a history only further casts the commendation into doubt,
  3. Despite the accolades the commendation bestows, Wintony was not able to enact any long lasting constructive amelioration of Illuminati, in the end only being capable of taking part in its permanent destruction,

Appalled that Wintony briefly worked with the disgraced raider organization of DEN, during which time they not only committed upwards of 450 raids, but also took part in raids executed with the use of Predator, an unethical and inhumane weapon that was found to be in violation of international law, and believing that while raiding does not preclude a nation from commendation, and though Wintony never directly used the tool, in this case of such severe and worrying crime, commendability undoubtedly must be draw into question,

Asserting that when observing these facts, it becomes clear Wintony is not deserving of commendation,

Hereby repeals SC#249 Commend Wintony.
Note: This is an internal discussion on a draft proposal accepted to the WA Accelerator Program. Please rip this draft apart and offer any comments you may have; the objective here is to help the author make this proposal better. If the author does not have access to this subforum, comments will be communicated to them by the Minister or an assigned Deputy. Detailed feedback is appreciated and encouraged!

Sponsorship Voting Instructions:
  • Vote Accept if you want the Ministry and Delegate to sponsor the proposal upon submission.
  • Vote Reject if you want the Ministry and Delegate to not sponsor the proposal upon submission.
Detailed opinions on whether to sponsor this proposal are likewise appreciated and encouraged!

Accept Reject 40
[TR]
[/TR]

Last edited:
Accept, feedback:

Split the goddamn Appalled clause into two
Agreed. I suggest:
Appalled that Wintony briefly worked with the disgraced raider organization of DEN, during which time they not only committed upwards of 450 raids, but also took part in raids executed with the use of Predator, an unethical and inhumane weapon that was found to be in violation of international law,

Believing that while raiding does not preclude a nation from commendation and Wintony never directly used Predator, commendability must undoubtedly be drawn into question in the case of such a severe and worrying violation of international law,

Accept, feedback:

Split the goddamn Appalled clause into two

Agreed. I suggest:
Appalled that Wintony briefly worked with the disgraced raider organization of DEN, during which time they not only committed upwards of 450 raids, but also took part in raids executed with the use of Predator, an unethical and inhumane weapon that was found to be in violation of international law,

Believing that while raiding does not preclude a nation from commendation and Wintony never directly used Predator, commendability must undoubtedly be drawn into question in the case of such a severe and worrying violation of international law,
I see what you are saying. I'm either going to remove or mostly rewrite that clause now based of off what LD pointed out, but if I rewrite in a similar way I will split it up as you suggest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back