Westinor
Discord
Westinor#2315
sc.jpg

Commend Kuriko
Category: Commendation | Target: Kuriko
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly Security Council,

Revering the success of Kuriko in and around the world, such as in the foundation and maintenance of The Hole To Hide In, which continues to hold one of the largest and most well-documented geopolitical communities,

Praising Kuriko’s efforts to further the regional defender movement, which includes the organization of independent or collaborative defender military forces in order to liberate ransacked regions,

Further acknowledging Kuriko’s force as a leader of peacekeeping forces, historically holding over half-a-dozen high-ranking positions in nearly that many regions or organizations, including in positions that established nearly unprecedented levels of communication with natives in order to ensure their general happiness and well-being during the defense,

Astonished by the utter magnitude and significance of the defense missions that Kuriko has undergone, numbering in the hundreds, including:

1. The coordination of the Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organization's forces in order to help thwart the attempted 2019 coup of the East Pacific,
  2. The pivotal role taken in the refoundation of Iran, restoring the region to its natives and ensuring its security onward,
  3. Participation in the final liberation attempt of Anontia, a region raided as a part of annual celebrations by invaders,

Realizing that Kuriko's roles in non-military positions are no less crucial towards NationStates as a whole, and as such, believing that Kuriko's time spent in roles such as Officer of Culture in the Rejected Realms, Secretary of State in The Free Nations Region, and as a Court Justice in The Union of Democratic States, enriched public life and ensured that domestic order was maintained,

Thanking Kuriko for their contributions specifically to 10000 Islands, in which they have contributed massively, ultimately spending more time as Delegate than anybody in the region prior,

Celebrating that during their time as Delegate, they have ushered in a new era of international relations for the region, as seen through treaties with Yggdrasil, the East Pacific, and the South Pacific, as well as through various cultural exchanges with the Rejected Realms and the North Pacific,

Flattered by Kuriko's constant efforts to better this already unfathomably great chamber through inordinate amounts of Security Council resolutions, being one of the few authors to have ever passed a double-digit number of resolutions in this chamber, and surpassing all other author delegations,

Recognizing that Kuriko has helped bring to light both laudable and duplicitous nations through their various commendations and condemnations, such as:

1. Commend Texas, a congratulatory acclamation for one of the oldest, prominent, and historically significant regions, Texas,
  2. The improved denunciation of Macedon through Condemn Macedon, the first entity recognized by this esteemed body, bringing it up-to-date with modern standards for condemnation, and the subsequent repeal of the original resolution,
  3. Commend Common Territories, which congratulated The Empire of Common Territories for being among the most benevolent nations in the world, who allows a remarkable amount of autonomy to its various provinces,

Further admiring Kuriko's use of the Security Council to further defender causes, especially through resolutions such as:

1. Liberate The Monarchist Entente and the ensuing repeal of the resolution, the first of which was in order to ensure that raiding forces could be expelled from the regions and the latter of which was to ensure that the natives of the region could secure the region safely,
  2. Liberate Boston, a resolution passed in order to ensure that the region of Boston did not fall victim to fascist or otherwise despicable invaders,

Hereby commends Kuriko.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]15[/TD][TD]6[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Commend Kuriko was passed 11,552 votes to 2,189 (84.1% support).

Last edited:
IFV - For

Overview
Just over a month ago, the Security Council repealed its commendation of Kuriko (SCR 323). It did so noting "that Kuriko is highly commendable for their actions both in the Security Council itself and abroad in the international community", but that the commendation in question did "a poor job of representing Kuriko's accomplishments". The author of that repeal has now submitted a new commendation listing the many accomplishments of Kuriko, including her military service, service as diplomat and Delegate for 10000 Islands and her work as an avid Security Council resolution author.

Recommendation
"Commend Kuriko" clearly explains why Kuriko is deserving of a commendation. She protected the East Pacific from an attempted coup in 2019, worked on improving 10000 Islands' international relations, including with the North Pacific, and liberated numerous regions from fascist invaders. The commendation targets a nation proven in the past to be commend-worthy, and does so in a way that addresses the concerns that led to the repeal of the target's previous commendation. Overall, this proposal is an irrefutably superior commendation of an undoubtedly worthy target. For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting For the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Commend Kuriko".

Last edited by a moderator:
Against

XKI has a history of imposing it's will on regions whether they like it or not, and Kuriko has not helped. Also, she appears to be adopting the position that raiders shouldn't be condemned because that gives them too much legitimacy. If she had actually started changes to make XKI's approach to R/D less toxic, I might support this.

Also because Liberate Syria.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to hear the arguments of those for and against this.

Reluctant and tentative against
(Non wa)

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I support a commendation in principle, but this feels incredibly forced. It’s a commendation for the sake of a commendation, a replacement for the sake of it. It’s also written in a very odd and jarring way, but I can’t really put my finger as to how it is. I’m open to changing my mind though.

Last edited:
I want to preface this by saying TNP has every right to vote TNP's way and I'm not really here to try to change that. I just felt like these particular statements were inaccurate and out of context, so wanted to speak to that.

XKI has a history of imposing it's will on regions whether they like it or not, and Kuriko has not helped.
Care to give an example of a region XKI imposed its will on that Kuri was involved in?

Also, she appears to be adopting the position that raiders shouldn't be condemned because that gives them too much legitimacy.
Not sure why this means the Commend is bad or her contributions aren't significant. Lots of Commended nations take this stance.

If she had actually started changes to make XKI's approach to R/D less toxic, I might support this.
This could mean a great number of things, but Kuri's approach to defending is consistently focused on building XKI's community and ensuring sovereignty for natives, as demonstrated by things listed in the proposal like the refounding of Iran -- an operation which involved significant work and co-ordination with natives but was not at all glamorous. In no uncertain terms she has led by example, and ultimately that's all anyone can do.

Liberate Syria removed an opportunity for a raiding org with fascist ties to refound a region.

Do you have a critique that is specific to Kuriko's role in XKI?

Reluctant and tentative against
(Non wa)

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I support a commendation in principle, but this feels incredibly forced. It’s a commendation for the sake of a commendation, a replacement for the sake of it. It’s also written in a very odd and jarring way, but I can’t really put my finger as to how it is. I’m open to changing my mind though.
I agree with this pretty much. One of the reasons Kuriko's commendation was repealed was so that we could wait a bit longer to see what Kuriko would do in the future, so we can have a more robust commendation that is materially different from the last one. That time hasn't come yet.

So I'm Against.

Surprised to see the attitude in this thread being against.

Still, I'm voting for as the quality of this resolution is notably higher than the repealed legislation. I think it's a bit unfair to want more from the nominee when they have already accomplished a lot.

Not really a fan of Liberate Syria but that's a tiny thing compared to Kuriko's accomplishments as a whole.

Surprised to see the attitude in this thread being against.

Still, I'm voting for as the quality of this resolution is notably higher than the repealed legislation. I think it's a bit unfair to want more from the nominee when they have already accomplished a lot.

Not really a fan of Liberate Syria but that's a tiny thing compared to Kuriko's accomplishments as a whole.
You just need this to pass so you can include it in Commend Morover :P

For
Commendable target and the resolution isn't bad. I do recognize that there are valid points when it comes to voting against, and I would probably like for them to have waited a bit more as Gorundu said. Overall, however, I'm still leaning towards voting for at the moment.

For - In my opinion, the commend is well deserved. I'm somewhat unfamiliar with some of these accomplishments, but the proposal is adept in its explanation of why the target is so commend-worthy.

I agree with this pretty much. One of the reasons Kuriko's commendation was repealed was so that we could wait a bit longer to see what Kuriko would do in the future, so we can have a more robust commendation that is materially different from the last one. That time hasn't come yet.

So I'm Against.
I cannot for the life process how this makes sense. To me, it really sounds like waiting to see if an already exemplary individual continues to do so. That is incredibly selfish. Correct me if I misunderstood.

Against

XKI has a history of imposing it's will on regions whether they like it or not, and Kuriko has not helped. Also, she appears to be adopting the position that raiders shouldn't be condemned because that gives them too much legitimacy. If she had actually started changes to make XKI's approach to R/D less toxic, I might support this.

I do not have a rich knowledge of NS history. I would like if you provided examples to show when they imposed their will on other regions.

For

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back