Mafia: Round 2

Since there's only 1 or 2 of every role, I think it would be very useful from a game theory standpoint to claim. It instantly produces pools of suspects and can possibly go ahead and clear a few people.
Is there really a downside here, especially given that the detective/stalker have already had a night to do things?

If you don't want to weigh in on that idea, weigh in on something else bc I'm already side-eyeing the people who only posted to vote to not lynch and nothing else.

Since there's only 1 or 2 of every role, I think it would be very useful from a game theory standpoint to claim. It instantly produces pools of suspects and can possibly go ahead and clear a few people.
Is there really a downside here, especially given that the detective/stalker have already had a night to do things?

If you don't want to weigh in on that idea, weigh in on something else bc I'm already side-eyeing the people who only posted to vote to not lynch and nothing else.
Well, some people voting to not lynch seems reasonable to me. We have literally no information. The mafia needs more votes the villagers to win. If we kill a villager, that's helping the mafia.

the mafia could kill anyone who is very important

Well, some people voting to not lynch seems reasonable to me. We have literally no information. The mafia needs more votes the villagers to win. If we kill a villager, that's helping the mafia.
Alright, so I see you get the inherent tension of the game.
But the way to resolve that tension isn't to sit on our hands. It's to kill the mafia first. Yeah? How else? We can't sit in a circle saying "dunno" forever.
Also, I can't agree with your characterization of "literally no information." BankingClan was town.

the mafia could kill anyone who is very important
I'm inferring your meaning is "mafia could kill someone with a power."
Which is indeed true! But what makes people "important" depends on how you define "important."
Confirming at least... three? (unless my math is off) as town might be worth more than the special roles are at this point. i.e. - Their removal from the suspect pool might be worth more than their action.
That's really why I want to talk this out.

But the way to resolve that tension isn't to sit on our hands. It's to kill the mafia first. Yeah? How else? We can't sit in a circle saying "dunno" forever.
Also, I can't agree with your characterization of "literally no information." BankingClan was town.
I have nothing against that. I was only saying that for the first day, when we knew nothing. Now we know BankingClan was a town member.

Arichia, I have opinions but not super interested in a game theory discussion of lynch vs no lynch on Day 1, we can come back to that after the game maybe. Do u have any thoughts on why BankingClan might have been targeted?
I don't really know. The mafia has no reason to kill them over any one of us. Maybe it was just a coincidence that they wanted to kill BankingClan, since they just need more votes.

Also, I watch the thread, so if there's any new posts, I'll be alerted, you don't need to ping me. :P

Last edited:
Keep in mind if town power roles claim, then it's easy for mafia power roles - who can also falsely pose as townies (their specific claims, including town power roles, notwithstanding) - to pick off those who have claimed to be a town power role. Don't be too aggressive.

About 38 hours until lynch. I currently see no votes. Should I have made any mistake in either of those statements please do correct me.

Please tell me more about this.
Are you saying some roles should claim while others shouldn't? None should?

As a semi-veteran player, we should hold off on claims until a power role claims to see something at least from my purview. Better than flying blind.

Seems like an odd strategy to vote someone randomly but okay.
I'm wondering why @Bobberino is reccomedning against voting...
Not random at all my rainbow cat friend! You were listed on the "active users" on the main page but still weren't posting. I thought you might've just needed some... motivation to come introduce yourself. >:3

Now that I've got you here, let's talk more about your Bobberino concerns. I don't see where they recommend against voting (you might be thinking of the friendly neighborhood crow). Are you referring instead to Bobberino's recommendation against claiming?
If so, why do you find his opposition to everyone claiming any more notable than, say, Arichia or animuplace's?

Yes, to give the discussion some semblence of momentum. There have to be stakes or else it'll just keep still.
I might have misworded my question, but I meant, Who do you believe we should vote for, and why? I agree that we can't just sit around, but, we can't kill random people. I find your ideas about claiming roles a bit odd, and Comfed saying Bobberino was against voting, though Comfed hasn't responded yet.

You can vote whoever you want! Reasoning for your vote will really help in my ability to get a read on you tho.
If Comfed says something to make me think they're town, I will happily remove my vote. Otherwise, I'm alright with voting them out.

@Comfed No idea why you're sus'ing me. But I'm pretty sure I explained my reasoning. Furthermore, you seem to be contradicting yourself -
Seems like an odd strategy to vote someone randomly but okay.
seems to imply you're against randomly voting - which is what we would be doing, unless a town power role were to speak up.

Right now, I'm leaning towards voting for Comfed, any other reasons to vote for anyone else?

if you are the first to say that, you are of course suspicious
What? How is that suspicious? It's true, we can't just wait out the entire game. The mafia is active, otherwise, Outer wouldn't have been killed. Honestly, you seem a bit suspicious yourself.

Last edited:
Vote: hokkadio
if hokkadio gives me a good reason, I'll change my vote.

Last edited:
If I did my math wrong, please correct me, however, I believe that’s 3 votes for No Lynch, 2 for Hokkadio, 1 for Comfed and 1 for Caffeine with the day phase ending in a couple of hours.

I was the godfader last time and it is no good if he gives me the same role again so I am not a mafia
I mean, it's still possible, it might not be that interesting but, it's possible. You might not even be the godfather. You could be a goon, or the roleblocker.

Back