-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton
The Security Council has nominated Former English Colony for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for the nomination, with 9 Ayes, 0 nays, and all members present.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

A statement of support from the Security Council :

Founded over 17 years ago, FEC is one of TNP’s oldest nations still active. Her history is flooded with involvement throughout the years in an effort to form the TNP we know and love today. She has served the region in the past as a successful Delegate on multiple occasions as well as an engaged member of the Security Council dating back to roughly 15 years ago. FEC knows what it takes to defend TNP from rogue elements as evidenced by her involvement in historic coups such as those involving Great Bight and Pixiedance. FEC’s cordial demeanour, coupled by her regional devotion, has led to her becoming such a widely known and well-respected member of the community. As a token of appreciation, she even had a RP world (Eras) named after her. Since returning to gameplay in May, FEC has been actively exchanging endorsements and assisting members of the community both on the forum and Discord. We are confident FEC will continue to positively contribute to the community and combat any security challenges that arise. It is with great pleasure and honor that the Security Council extends a renomination to this extraordinary individual.

I thank the Vice Delegate and the Security Council for their statement and now open the floor to questioning of the nominee and commentary on the statement of support. I will put to vote, once moved by the Vice Delegate and seconded by a member of the Regional Assembly, the following motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the nomination of Former English Colony to the Security Council.

I will consider amendments to the motion.

Does the Security Council have any weaknesses? If so, what are they and how do you propose to address them?

Does the Security Council have any weaknesses? If so, what are they and how do you propose to address them?
Is that for me? lol

I would say the biggest weakness is a tendency towards inactivity and potentially lower numbers, as often people on the SC tend to have been playing NS for quite awhile. And if you are willing to park your WA nation long term you better have something else that keeps you interested, otherwise you'll just drift off. (which I have done a few times in the last 15+ years...) So while I don't think you should be chaining people to the game, I do think encouraging those that have been delegates before (and are therefore pretty darn trustworthy) is a good idea. (With the caveat that not all previous TNP delegates should be on the SC. :P) The SC is there in case of emergency, so having a really active SC presence would probably mean nothing good is happening.

I support this completely. I think we can trust the nominee. :P

Last edited:
Full support for the nominee to join the Security Council, they have a long history in service to the region and they would make an excellent addition to the Security Council.

@Former English Colony, I present you with some riddles in need of solving:

1. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?

2. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?

3. What has many keys, but can't even open a single door?

Support. If I may ask, why have you decided to apply for the SC specifically at this time?
Heh. Just kinda felt like it. Kinda around wanting to gather endorsements, one of the amusements I still enjoy. Honestly.... leaving governing to the rest of y'all sounds good to me, not in the mood for that much work.

@Former English Colony, I present you with some riddles in need of solving:

1. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
2. What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, but never in a thousand years?
3. What has many keys, but can't even open a single door?
seriously? So not a riddle person.
1. lol what does it say that I'm most stumped by the first one? (and after googling it, yeah, was not going to get that one)
2. An m?
3. Piano (although if you crashed it into a door I'm pretty sure it might open it.

seriously? So not a riddle person.
1. lol what does it say that I'm most stumped by the first one? (and after googling it, yeah, was not going to get that one)
2. An m?
3. Piano (although if you crashed it into a door I'm pretty sure it might open it.
Two out of three correct. That’s passing by my book. You have my vote.

(Footsteps was the answer you were looking for)

I move for a vote.
I second the motion.
The motion to vote, as well as its second, has been recognized by the Speaker’s Office. A vote is scheduled to begin immediately and will last for a period of five days.

The motion put before the Regional Assembly will be as follows:

The Regional Assembly confirms the nomination of Former English Colony to the Security Council

Back