Prosecution for The North Pacific v. New Francois

With three objections and as laid out under Rule 3 of Section 1, the scheduled vote is cancelled.

I imagine you have a replacement in mind - please appoint them quickly.

Seriously? Mr Speaker, I think the correct way to do this is to get this vote out of the way, and let the Assembly decide for itself, through open voting, whether Chewie should be Prosecutor. Our delegate can continue with his nomination of a second candidate and we can continue to discuss it, but I would think that getting this vote out of the way clears things better. I would like to object to the objection of the vote.

There is no mechanism to object to an objection of the vote. The Regional Assembly Rules lay out a process by which an immediate vote can be called:

4. If a number of citizens equal to or exceeding one third of the number of votes required to achieve quorum for any legislative vote, including the citizen that introduced the proposal to the Regional Assembly, motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly, then the Speaker must schedule a vote on that proposal to begin as soon as permitted by law.

Whilst this process is primarily intended to be used for legislative proposals, it may be used for non-legislative ones.

I do also highly encourage those interested in fixing the ambiguity in the law on appointing prosecutors to seek to do that.

Last edited:
Then in that case, I would like to translate it to a call for an immediate vote.
Noted - you require one third of the number of votes required to achieve quorum - this number is 7, along with the original proposer, which is Prydania.

Back