-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
PrPldVL.png

The North Pacific...what a ride the last four months have been. I went into this job not knowing if I could even do it, and I leave it now feeling proud in what I was able to accomplish. Both personally and for the region. The only other elected position of note I've had in my NationStates career was a term as Vice Delegate of Taijitu. To go from that to being the head of the government of the largest region in the game was a surreal experience. Surreal in a good way. As I said, I doubted my ability to do the job. I came out knowing that I could. It's in that spirit that I would like to thank @mcmasterdonia , @El Fiji Grande , @Pallaith , and @Wonderess for believing in me and pushing me to run. And a thank you to every TNPer. Whether you voted for me in the last election or not, it was an honour to serve you.

I admit my term wasn't the flashiest, but if you know me you'll know I'm not a flashy guy. I believe in the guiding governing principals of my home country of Canada; peace, order, and good government. I like to think I accomplished that. We kept the ship steady, we kept our Ministries on their toes and active, and by G-d did we make ourselves known at the WA.
It's to that end that I would like to thank all of my Ministers. Even those who did not finish the term. Each and every one of you helped me along the way, helped me understand the job of serving TNP, and helped fulfill my vision.

@Pallaith was a steady hand in the realm of Foreign Affairs, and his Ministry's work on the WFB project and compiling evidence and reports on the TWP/TEP split was nothing short of amazing.

@Dreadton's work in Radio was much needed. It was an education for me. We did not publish as often as we would have liked but we inherited a huge backlog. Dreadton and his team worked tirelessly to clear this out and set the Ministry on solid footing going forward.

@Morover deserves a lot of credit for what he's done with the WA Ministry. I admit, I had my doubts about the Ministry going in. @Cosmosplosion and I had discussions on what our shared vision for the WA Ministry was. Sadly IRL events arose, and Cosmo had to depart. McM stepped up in a big way to get the Ministry on steady track until he too had to step away for IRL reasons. Morover not only took charge, he and his team turned the WA Ministry into a well oiled machine. That it has run so effectively is a testament to him, managing to turn somewhat of a chaotic situation into a real strength of this government. This was a great aid to me in the WA, allowing me to effectively leverage our voting strength. Morover also dived head first into the WA Symposium, making that event a huge success.

@Gorundu and his staff saw to it that we published what we could in Communications. This was a important goal for my term, as I believe the regularity of publications is vital to their stability as regional institutions. We were able to publish the Northern Lights and the North Star in this term, and were successful in recruiting new writers for these publications.

@Rom and his staff proved to be an amazing NPA commander. Our military saw success in a number of operations, and our metrics couldn't be better. We remain, numerically, one of the top piling forces in NS. And our various operations undertaken strengthened not only our traditional alliances, but also laid the foundations for new cooperative agreements going forward. And, of course, RaiderCon. Let us never forget RaiderCon.

@Nimarya and her team were excellent. Home Affairs was a Ministry I had little working knowledge of, and having Nim as an enthusiastic Minister was an education in and of itself. Telegram metrics were impressive, we saw greater traction forum-side, the Game Night on the TNP Games Discord Server was a huge hit, and our writing competitions drew increased engagement in the region.

@Highton had the unenviable task of taking over Culture late in the term as the result of some unfortunate happens that necessitated the removal of Syrixia. Still, let's not let that unpleasantness distract from what has been an amazing term. We helped set up Pacific-Con, coordinated with TSP in A Drop in the Ocean 2, and are currently working with GD on the 2020 RP Symposium, laying the ground work for the next administration.
We also oversaw a successful Odinspyl RP sporting event in Eras. The experience gives the Ministry the experience needed to continue expanding the scope of sporting RP events in TNP, and will only lead to greater things in the future.
Beyond that we've published two editions of the Roleplay Reel, a trend I very much hope to see continuing under future administrations. We have also seen amazing work from @Praetor in the Cards Guild. I said that the Cards Guild is at the point where it could stand on its own as its own ministry, and I sincerely hope a future administration elevates it to that position. And when that happens? It will be Praetor who we have to thank for that.

A special thanks goes to @El Fiji Grande , @Crushing Our Enemies , @Praetor , and @Eluvatar for the Democracy Day project. This was a transition year. A changing of the guard if you will. And we pulled through, proving that the tradition of Democracy Day will endure along with the institution of TNP democracy itself.

Last but not least @Sil Dorsett served above and beyond the call of duty as Chief of Staff. I won't lie. The position of the Delegacy can be overwhelming at times, and Sil ensured I always knew what needed doing and when. He wasn't shy about sharing his opinion as well, which was just perfect. I knew what I was getting when I asked him to serve as Chief of Staff and I am so happy he lived up to that!

To all Deputy Ministers and Staff who I did not name, I am grateful for all the hard work each and every one of you put in to help make this term the best it could be. I have often said that I was lucky to have such amazing Ministers for my first go as Delegate, but that isn't the whole story. I was lucky for that reason, but I was also lucky to have such well-staffed Ministries. This term was amazing to watch unfold, as everyone worked hard at the tasks assigned.

At the end of the day this term saw the Ministries working hard, working effectively, and working tirelessly. The wheels of government moved smoothly, and I, as Delegate, couldn't ask for much more.

Thank you all for the chance to serve. It was among the greatest honours I've had in my nearly fifteen years playing this game. You all took a chance on a RPer, and a RPer took a chance on all of you. Whether you agreed with all of my decisions or not, I want you to all know I acted in good faith in each instance. I am honoured that you all showed me that in return.

TNP is in a good place right now, and I know we can do even better. I wish nothing but the best for my successor, for the smooth transition from one administration to the next is a hallmark of democracy we should never take for granted.

Thank you all, and goodnight.

Thank you for running such a tight ship this term! I hope you'll consider running again when you're able to do so.

Thanks for a great time, Pry. Your service this term as delegate made these last few pandemic-ridden months a little less dark. And heck, you even were a better delegate than I ever was. I hope we can count on you to return to the delegacy at some point in the future.

I joined straight into your term - but I think I can still say you did a good job.

Back