Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
sc.jpg

Commend Altino
Category: Commendation | Target: Altino
Proposed by: Wymondham | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Recognizing that the nation of Altino, founded four years ago, has made many exceptional contributions worthy of commendation by this council, through their work to develop regional communities and leaders, as well as to build inter-regional camaraderie;

Observing Altino’s work in connecting regional leaders and founders by hosting and inviting them to “NationStates Leaders”, which they have constantly striven to improve, where nations can discuss and debate the principles of regional leadership, access resources to improve regional government, share leadership techniques, and learn from experienced nations' wisdom;

Acknowledging Altino's service to the region of Karma, in the following capacities, among others:
  • as the region’s founder, thanks to their steady hand, it has grown into a vibrant and prosperous community, achieved partially through the unique “enlightenment” process that all nations must undergo to serve in senior government positions and to vote in the regional legislature;
  • as Editor of “the Augury” - the region’s newspaper, through which they ensured the nations of Karma were kept well informed and up to date about regional events;
  • and as a member of the Council of Sages, where they assisted their fellow sages in guiding the region on matters ranging from legislation to the appointment of new members of government, thus ensuring that it was governed competently and fairly;
Lauding Altino’s efforts to foster inter-regional relations helping, in various roles, to forge treaties between Karma and Caer Sidi, Anteria, and The West Pacific, all of which cultivated strong relationships and broadened Karma’s diplomatic reach;

Honouring Altino’s service to The West Pacific as Commander of The West Pacific Armed Forces for 5 months from October 2017 to February 2018, which under their leadership:
  • developed innovative recruitment methods which drove membership and activity to unprecedented levels in a short space of time;
  • adopted the iconic West Pacific Pirate theme, allowing for purveyors of cutlasses and swillers of rum to be put into the spotlight;
  • expanded the officer corps fivefold, while also improving training standards;
  • integrated the Armed Forces with the wider regional community, enabling several recruits to transfer their skills to the government of The West Pacific;
  • authored articles for “The West Pacifican”, the regional newspaper, detailing the Armed Forces’ work and helping to improve regional understanding of the Armed Forces’ efforts;
  • trained several talented officers and future Commanders, including Overthinkers - the current commander of The West Pacific Armed Forces;
Praising Altino’s work in Osiris, as both its longest serving Pharaoh and as Chief Vizier, where they ushered in a new philosophy of government, leading to the emergence of a new generation of Osiran leaders, with their principles serving as the region’s guiding philosophy to this day, alongside transforming the region’s sense of community, and increasing activity and governmental participation to a level that, due to their stellar leadership, became both unprecedented and sustainable;

Appreciating the significance of Altino’s continued presence as a "beloved pillar" of the communities of both The West Pacific and Osiris, as shown by their work to uphold community standards, promote regional culture and advise community leaders using their vast experience, as recognised by the respective communities in the form of their honorary status as the first recipient of The West Pacific Medal of Honour and the honorary title of "Soul Sista", as conferred by delegate Bran Astor, alongside Osiris' highest honour, the Violet Jewel of Atum;

Believing that the accomplishments detailed above have improved creative and productive participation in many communities and are worthy of recognition by this august body;

Hereby Commends Altino.
Co-authored by Nieubasria
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]4[/TD][TD]16[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR]

This proposal FAILED 10744 votes to 3555 votes (24.9% support).

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are not against the commendation of Altino in concept, a cursory evaluation of this proposal shows that it simply does not meet the standards we would like such a proposal to meet. The nominee's contributions to Karma are exaggerated in both magnitude and importance, and TWPAF Commandership isn’t exactly notable (much less commendable). Additionally, many of the clauses regarding meritocracy are dubious, considering that from many perspectives, Altino didn’t exactly invent them. It should also be noted that many of the concerns expressed during the drafting of this proposal were either not heeded by the author or intentionally ignored. As a result, we cannot in good faith support this commendation in its current state, and advocate for a redrafting that takes into account the advice that was given and ignored in this attempt.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Commend Altino".

Last edited:
Against. Unfortunately, the author has not taken suggested recommendations to improve this proposal.

I'm not sure why everyone is against but I also don't know enough to vote for.

Is there some glaring issue with the text, an issue with the author, an issue with the nominee?

:shrug:

Present.

I'm not sure why everyone is against but I also don't know enough to vote for.

Is there some glaring issue with the text, an issue with the author, an issue with the nominee?

:shrug:

Present.
The author for this proposal, upon receiving constructive criticism and feedback, has decided to not alter anything before submitting it.

Depending on who you talk to, an argument can also be made that the nominee isn’t entirely commendable and at best the text is nothing special.

Last edited:
Judging the proposal based on its merits, I'm against. I'd say something about karma, but it didn't seem important enough to expand upon.

For

Is being a long term Delegate of Osiris, and regional founder, and regional military leader, not commendable enough? People have been commended for less.

Last edited:
For

Is being a long term Delegate of Osiris, and regional founder, and regional military leader, not commendable enough? People have been commended for less.
Holding positions is not intrinsically commendable.

Holding positions = doing a JOB on NS.
No, it doesn't.

I could be appointed "Minister of Everything" by Prydania, that doesn't mean that I do something in that position. The argument that Altino has held positions and as such is commendable is not sound, instead, you should be arguing that what Altino did in those positions is what is commendable.

No, it doesn't.

I could be appointed "Minister of Everything" by Prydania, that doesn't mean that I do something in that position. The argument that Altino has held positions and as such is commendable is not sound, instead, you should be arguing that what Altino did in those positions is what is commendable.
I'm going to drop this since I Legitimately don't remember enough details about Altino's tenure; I just remembered that she worked incredibly hard during her positions, recruited tons of people to join Osiris, and raided lots of regions while in The West Pacific Armed Forces, and created a UCR (karma) and boosted it to full activity. But i see everyone's voting against, for their own reasons, I'M gonna respect that, so imma leave this as is.

Thanks though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back