-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton
B8Lsxex.png

I have rewritten this campaign a few times and I have found myself following the same campaign themes of almost every Vice Delegate candidate before me. Frankly, I suck at campaigns. But in true North Pacific Tradition, our shortcomings are something we should strive to improve and overcome.

I am running for Vice Delegate for many reasons. The Vice Delegacy and the Security Council is facing a new frontier. The Security Council will shortly be called to increase transparency through one of the two pieces of legislation before the Regional Assembly. When one of them passes, it will take someone familiar with our regional laws, experience in declassifying materials, and regional trust to implement.

I have a broad history in the region. I started my government service as a Deputy Speaker under Artemis. From there, I was elected to the court, served as a hearing officer, and have submitted briefs on several R4Rs. I have been confirmed as Prosecutor on TNP v.s Pigeonstan, and as Election Commissioner twice. On the executive side, I have served as Deputy and as Minister of Radio. Throughout these positions, I have demonstrated the knowledge of our regional government and laws, and I hope I have demonstrated the reliability and trustworthiness needed to earn your vote as Vice Delegate. As many of you on TNP General Discord may already know, I have been in the military. Like many in the military, I have been exposed to classified information and activities. Knowing what to say and when information could be cleared to discuss with your friends and family became second nature. I know that this will further help in the declassification process for the Security Council.

Active Endotarting:

One of the main jobs of the Vice Delegate is to assist the Delegate in their rise in their endorsement counts till they reach the top spot and monitor the Security Councils outgoing and incoming endorsements to ensure that they are within acceptable parameters. The Vice Delegate, as you know, has to do this while maintaining their own endorsement levels and ensure that they do not overtake the Delegate.
On that front, I have moved up and maintained a top twenty position in endorsements in the region. I started my push for endorsements in early April, reaching the Vice Delegates minimum in roughly the end of May. Since then I have maintained my position in the endorsement rankings.

This will be a blessing and a curse for the next term. If a Delegate candidate is elected that has a lower count than I do, we can easily be in the same situation where we were when Prydiana was elected, a transition that takes a long period of time and a tight endorsement gap between the Delegate and the Vice Delegate. So I will focus on using WADP, Telegram, Campaigns, and Card Rewards to speed and facilitate the transition. We saw this term a card reward program to distribute rewards to help with the transition. It was a novel idea that helped and is something that we should use again.

Citizen Checks:

Part of what I learned as Deputy Speaker was how to conduct Citizen Checks. Vice Delegate checks are a different beast. The Vice Delegate has the shortest time frame to determine if a nation poses a security threat to the region. They have to look at the history of the nation, whatever it may be, evaluate the risk, and discuss the nation with the security council. There have been candidates that talked about conducting the check as quickly as possible, but the Vice Delegate check should not be done quickly. It should be done within the timeframe, but care should be done with the check. I won’t promise to complete every check in a day, I will promise to take care and fully evaluate every citizen application as it needs to be.

WADP:

Generating interest among the region's World Assembly members to endorse the Government and the Security Council, the World Assembly Delegate Program has been useful in achieving the region's goals. I do not see any changes to this program being necessary any time soon.

Weekly Updates:

A key program that the citizenry uses as part of their oversight of the Vice Delegate and the Security Office is the Vice Delegate’s Weekly Update. The regular publication of the Vice Delegate’s update has become the standard for the office and one I would continue. I would like to add some information to the weekly update and I will cover that in the next section.

Security Council Activity Report:

We saw the introduction to the weekly report, a column that tracks the number of RMB posts that a Security Counselor makes for the week. While that is a good metric to see the interaction between the Security Council and the RMB, it does neglect the other activities and interactions various Security Councillors have with different parts of the community. For example, Pallaith may not post a lot on the RMB, but he is extremely active in representing our region on the international stage. This is not shown on any of the reports and to a new regional member, he may not look active.

To highlight their other interactions with different parts of the community, I would like to highlight two or three different Councillors and their activities within the region. Every month, I will be including in the weekly report a section highlighting these two Councillors and their recent activities and accomplishments.

Transparency Compliance:

This coming term, one of the transparency bills for the Security Council will pass. As I said in my introduction, the introduction of the transparency requirements to the Security Council will require someone who can both work with the Security Council on this new facet of their responsibilities, someone who can navigate our legal code, along with the trust of the region to implement and execute this new procedure.

I have held several positions here that required trust and confidentiality. As a Justice, I needed to keep our deliberations and commentary private in order to allow the judicial process to complete fairly. As Election Commissioner, I have to keep private ballots confidential and redact the proper information, while keeping the votes accurate and legal. As a Minister, I have to keep confidential the conversations I am privy to, as a member of the executive council.

Recapping some of the points I mentioned in my introduction, I have had experience in the real world in declassifying information. One of the most important things to consider when working with a team on declassifying is figuring out if the information released can reveal investigative techniques. Having not been a Security Councilor or Vice Delegate before, I am not well versed in the more secret techniques used to evaluate a possible security threat, but this is something that should be considered as we work to meet the requirements of the transparency bill. The last thing the region would want is to give an external threat, the means to evade detection. Not everyone can be as careless as CCD.

Transitioning from the way the Security Council and the Vice Delegate has operated in the past to this new future takes a new objective view, but must be tempered by experience. Having a “new” Vice Delegate, who has worked in the region and with Security Counselors in the past, can set us up to succeed as we tackle this new period in the Vice Delegacy and Security Council.

Security Council Event:

With the last Security Council event almost a year old, a new event needs to be developed and put into motion. Security Council week was a success, introducing various Security Council members to the various nations joining during the Drew Wave. While I am sure many Councillors are tired of the same AMAs, I would like to try out a Game Night with the Security Council. This is where any willing Security Councilors can play a Game Night event with citizens of the region. Much like the Game Night we conducted with the Executive Staff, I would host a multiplayer game on service and players can join.

Conclusion

As you may have noted, there are only three goals for this term. Making large promises has never been my style. I try to err on the side of what is practical. This term we are likely to see a delegate that will need assistance reaching the number one spot. This will be the main focus of the Security Council and the Vice Delegacy at the beginning of the term. We also have N-Day and Z-Day likely to happen in the next few months. These events are likely to take up most of the region’s time.

Take some time to look at my history here in TNP. The work I have done and the people I have worked with. I believe you can ask any of them and they will tell you I give it my all in all things I do. I know when to ask questions or for help. I know when I need to be firm. Most importantly, I have always worked in the best interest of the region.

I was happy to see you declare your candidacy for Vice Delegate and this platform you've put together is impressive! I especially like your idea to throw a Game Night with the Security Council. It's a twist of the original idea that is frankly brilliant, and could definitely serve to better acquaint the region with each Security Councilor. You were the most instrumental in making Executive Game Night a reality, back when I first pitched it. With that experience and with some additional planning, you could absolutely turn Security Council Game Night into a successful event for the region.

That said, here are some questions!

1) Would you be willing to work with the MoHA to promote SC Game Night and possibly other things this term?

2) Which former Vice Delegate do you admire the most, and why?

3) Are chickens the best birbs?

1) Would you be willing to work with the MoHA to promote SC Game Night and possibly other things this term?

2) Which former Vice Delegate do you admire the most, and why?

3) Are chickens the best birbs?

1. Of course, I would be willing to work with MoHA to promote the Game night and Security Event. No one person can do everything, knowing when to use experts on a topic is something every government official should know.

2. Almost every former Vice Delegate has their great points. It is hard to choose.

3. Its a tie between chickens and parrots.

Suppose your plan was to coup The North Pacific. How would you go about executing that plan?

According to Cretox they're called Freedom Fries, but I hate freedom so here we go. What company makes the best french fry and why?

Suppose your plan was to coup The North Pacific. How would you go about executing that plan?

You start by building a positive relationship with nations who are active on the RMB, while slowly building your world assembly endorsements. You get in involved with a Ministry, primarily Foreign Affairs, but Home Affairs will do in a pinch. Slowly start talking about misgivings of things being done in the Executive branch with the RMB. Run for office and work your way to the Delegacy. If you get elected, start talking about how the Security Council is pulling strings behind your back. Go full Deep State. Refuse to leave when voted out. Remove Border control powers from the SC and appoint people from the RMB. Promote endorsing your people and not the SC. Eventually, you will be removed but the damage is done.

According to Cretox they're called Freedom Fries, but I hate freedom so here we go. What company makes the best french fry and why?

1. Mcdonalds - They sprinkled crack on them.
2.Rallys/Checkers - Season Fries are great
3. Hardees - They get the salt level right
4. Five guys - Cuz a Small is 20 pounds of fries

Last edited:
I don't get the random dig on Pigeon, or what that has to do with this job. Just wanted to express that, not sure I have anything else at the moment.

More often than not, we forget that Vice-Delegate is not just the frontline of ensuring regional security, they are also the person to turn to as replacement in the event that anything happens to the Delegate. How do you ensure that you keep up with things in the Executive after taking on your job as a VD?

More often than not, we forget that Vice-Delegate is not just the frontline of ensuring regional security, they are also the person to turn to as replacement in the event that anything happens to the Delegate. How do you ensure that you keep up with things in the Executive after taking on your job as a VD?

I would keep up much the way I do now. I read over the various ministry channels in the Executive Discord, along with reading the Ministries postings.

Dreadton, you covered pretty much everything you could cover, and I can tell it was well-thought out. The SC is known to be a bit stuffy and serious, and you can definitely fit into that mold at times given the other roles we have seen you play in this region. That is meant to be an observation, not a criticism! I can definitely see the value in having a fresh set of eyes work with the SC after so long having SC members chair the council. We have a lot to work on, and you are nothing if not a problem-solver.

What exactly do you think goes into security checks? I got the sense reading your platform that you consider them to be somewhat complex.

What constitutes accomplishments for your model of the SC report? It's no secret any members of the SC are less visible and not performing particularly noteworthy roles in the region. Are you concerned you may have trouble pointing to a fresh and/or unique "accomplishment" for some members on a regular basis? Perhaps this is mitigated by you doing this monthly instead of weekly, but that time frame was slightly unclear from how you phrased it.

Given the matter of transparency and the bills floating around, I am curious where you stand on the main opposing viewpoint from many on the SC, which is that FOIA retroactively applied was unfair to members no longer serving. Is that privacy concern worthy of consideration, and is it key to your personal vision or preference for disclosure? If you could evaluate both Praetor's and Artemis's bills, and give me a sense of what you think their respective strengths/weaknesses are and which you believe is the better approach, I would appreciate it.

The weekly report has changed a lot since I started doing them. We have this neat spreadsheet now but a common criticism is that while it looks nice, it can be difficult to set up and teach to newcomers to the office, especially if they lack natural skill at using Excel. Would you give any thought to changing the way the report is done or are you comfortable maintaining the standard that seems to have been established over successive terms?

Talk to me about cards, your understanding of how they work, how the SC uses them in its programs, and how we can take it a step further.

Your opponent wants to use this office to build a bridge to the different aspects of the community. Have you given any thought outside of the game night thing for how you might better connect the SC to the rest of the community on a more regular basis? He also wants to be involved in efforts to connect the communities more broadly speaking, something that includes the SC but would better unite the disparate parts. Do you feel this is an appropriate use of your time and office, to build bridges to the community and work on executive initiatives to do so?

I'm not entirely surprised to see you running, this seems like a natural evolution in your journey. It can be a tough job to do and intimidate many outside of the SC (even many inside the SC!), so I appreciate you decided to step up. I look forward to your responses.

Last edited:
One thing:
you are running for vice delegate
pigeonstan is running for delegate
otherwise I like your campaign.
you are experienced as minister of radio
you can do this

Last edited:
A well thought out campaign Dreadton.

As many of you on TNP General Discord may already know, I have been in the military. Like many in the military, I have been exposed to classified information and activities. Knowing what to say and when information could be cleared to discuss with your friends and family became second nature. I know that this will further help in the declassification process for the Security Council.

I have had experience in the real world in declassifying information. One of the most important things to consider when working with a team on declassifying is figuring out if the information released can reveal investigative techniques. Having not been a Security Councilor or Vice Delegate before, I am not well versed in the more secret techniques used to evaluate a possible security threat, but this is something that should be considered as we work to meet the requirements of the transparency bill.

(please excuse my snipping your post :) )

It's good to see a fellow ex-serviceman running for the position of VD and, in relation to the position of the SC, one who shares the experience of declassifying information.

As you have mentioned, this coming term, one of the transparency bills for the Security Council will pass and I believe your experience within the region and someone who can navigate our legal code would be a real asset to this task.

Ref: Fregerson:'s question
"More often than not, we forget that Vice-Delegate is not just the frontline of ensuring regional security, they are also the person to turn to as replacement in the event that anything happens to the Delegate. How do you ensure that you keep up with things in the Executive after taking on your job as a VD?"

You replied :-
I would keep up much the way I do now. I read over the various ministry channels in the Executive Discord, along with reading the Ministries postings.

Would you personally involve yourself within the ministries if you observed a problem?

Do you see yourself as an aide/adviser to the Delegate?

Final question: .................What's your favourite railway locomotive? :D

Last edited:
What exactly do you think goes into security checks? I got the sense reading your platform that you consider them to be somewhat complex.

I am going to take a round about route to answer your questions. I think it is important to understand my thought process behind the answer.

Have you ever read a book called "On Baskalisk Station" by David Webber? It's the very first book in the Honor Harrington Sci Fi Series. Without writing the book here, Honor is sent to a backwater picket. The picket protects a major wormhole junction and part of the Navy's Duty there is customs and security inspections of the ships traversing the system. However, the Navy has only been doing the minimum. A quick phone call and that's all. She arrives on station and there is only one ship assigned to the picket and the commander is this snobby dude who thinks he knows everything. Instead of doing the customs and security inspections, he was basically rubber-stamping everything. Once she arrives, instead of staying and commanding the post like he is supposed to, he overhypes his ship's matenice problems and dumps everything on her. Once she takes over and he leaves, she starts enforcing the inspections. They discover a lot of smuggling. Without giving away a lot of the plot for those who would like to read it, it is discovered that one of the ships the previous commander rubber-stamped is a disguised warship that was there to gather intel for an invasion. Because he stamped it to be there, there is very little she can do until they make a hostile move.

That's my thinking behind the Vice Delegates check. It should not be a rubber stamp. We should be looking at the nation and its history. Is this a new nation? If its an established nation, what is the history of the nation and the player? Do we know any puppets? Have they associated with hostile powers before? Have they been active on the RMB before joining? How long from founding to citizenship? While no one answer here should deny them citizenship, they are things we should look at and if there are any red flags, then there should be a discussion. The last thing we want is a hidden warship in our system.

What constitutes accomplishments for your model of the SC report? It's no secret any members of the SC are less visible and not performing particularly noteworthy roles in the region. Are you concerned you may have trouble pointing to a fresh and/or unique "accomplishment" for some members on a regular basis? Perhaps this is mitigated by you doing this monthly instead of weekly, but that time frame was slightly unclear from how you phrased it.

The purpose of the highlight is less about accomplishment, more to highlight how the Security Councilors are engaged with the community. Everyone here is engaged with their particular part of the community and we often do not know what is going on in other parts. For example, while I have a role-play background, I am not engaged in the role-play community here. Thus I do not see Lore Lords activity and know that they are a lead cartographer. The purpose of this addition to the report is to highlight where the Security Council is active in our community for those who would not normally see it. The current plan is to highlight two Councilors, once a month, on the weekly report.

Given the matter of transparency and the bills floating around, I am curious where you stand on the main opposing viewpoint from many on the SC, which is that FOIA retroactively applied was unfair to members no longer serving. Is that privacy concern worthy of consideration, and is it key to your personal vision or preference for disclosure? If you could evaluate both Praetor's and Artemis's bills, and give me a sense of what you think their respective strengths/weaknesses are and which you believe is the better approach, I would appreciate it.

I am going to reserve this for another post.

The weekly report has changed a lot since I started doing them. We have this neat spreadsheet now but a common criticism is that while it looks nice, it can be difficult to set up and teach to newcomers to the office, especially if they lack natural skill at using Excel. Would you give any thought to changing the way the report is done or are you comfortable maintaining the standard that seems to have been established over successive terms?

Improvement and ease of use should be considered. I would not be opposed to changing the Weekly update format, as long as all the information is carried over. Making the job easier to do can help future Vice Delegates succeed.

Talk to me about cards, your understanding of how they work, how the SC uses them in its programs, and how we can take it a step further.

My understanding is that we have several card farms going that generate the cards we use for various events, including the WADP. The WADP gives cards to random players who met the requirements of the program, such as being Keeper of the North. The chance of receiving a card is based on percentages, which can be affected by different things, such as length of time, vote early vote often, and the like. I do not have plans to expand or rewrite this program at this time. Any such change should be done after consulting stakeholders in the program.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

I am not a fan of retroactive laws in general and I do think that the rules in which we promised to work under should play a role in our consideration of any changes.

The GOAT act brings a transparency act under the FOIA. It also redefines the term of Government Officials to include the Security Council. That's one of its first weaknesses since it doesn't exempt them from the dual office holding prohibitions. The second is the retroactivity without consideration. To use an analogy here, its a bit like having a conversation with your doctor that you expect to be private, but the state changes the law and requires your doctor to declare everything you said publicly. It does bring a bit of sunshine to the shadows. However, it relies on the court to make a decision on what is a valid security concern, something that not all justices can make that differentiation.

The NPSCDA does address the retroactivity and government official issues of the GOAT. It allows for the transparency that the GOAT act is trying to achieve. It does, once again, rely on the court to make the determination on if an issue is a security concern. There is also only one means to release documents from former security councilors, with there permission.

One possibility to address the records from before the act could be to introduce a summary process that would permit a release of the information in a manner that addresses the privacy concerns that have been brought up.

Would you personally involve yourself within the ministries if you observed a problem?

Do you see yourself as an aide/adviser to the Delegate?

Final question: .................What's your favourite railway locomotive? :D

It is not the Vice Delegate duty to run the Executive. If I were to see a problem, I would say something to the Minister or the Delegate. Now being an aide to the Delegate, its a matter on what the Delegate would like. As for being an Adviser, the Vice Delegate should be a conduit between the Security Council and the Delegate on matters of regional and forieng security. There should be a flow of information on both sides in order to properly protect the region. In that manner, the Vice Delegate should be an advisor.

My favorite train is the Norfolk & Western Class J No. 611

It is not the Vice Delegate duty to run the Executive. If I were to see a problem, I would say something to the Minister or the Delegate. Now being an aide to the Delegate, its a matter on what the Delegate would like. As for being an Adviser, the Vice Delegate should be a conduit between the Security Council and the Delegate on matters of regional and forieng security. There should be a flow of information on both sides in order to properly protect the region. In that manner, the Vice Delegate should be an advisor.

My favorite train is the Norfolk & Western Class J No. 611

Thank you for your answers.

You have my vote and support.

A 4-8-4! That's some loco.

Last edited:
I am going to take a round about route to answer your questions. I think it is important to understand my thought process behind the answer.

Have you ever read a book called "On Baskalisk Station" by David Webber? It's the very first book in the Honor Harrington Sci Fi Series. Without writing the book here, Honor is sent to a backwater picket. The picket protects a major wormhole junction and part of the Navy's Duty there is customs and security inspections of the ships traversing the system. However, the Navy has only been doing the minimum. A quick phone call and that's all. She arrives on station and there is only one ship assigned to the picket and the commander is this snobby dude who thinks he knows everything. Instead of doing the customs and security inspections, he was basically rubber-stamping everything. Once she arrives, instead of staying and commanding the post like he is supposed to, he overhypes his ship's maintenice problems and dumps everything on her. Once she takes over and he leaves, she starts enforcing the inspections. They discover a lot of smuggling. Without giving away a lot of the plot for those who would like to read it, it is discovered that one of the ships the previous commander rubber-stamped is a disguised warship that was there to gather intel for an invasion. Because he stamped it to be there, there is very little she can do until they make a hostile move.
Get it for free here! Now I want a book club.

Back