[08/28/2020] Liberations: When and how should they be used?

Morover

Primarily a Lurker
TNP Nation
Morover
1598560487127.png

Liberations: When and how should they be used?
Hello, and welcome to the first topic of the World Assembly Symposium 2020! You can also see the live discussions by joining the Discord for the event from 1PM-4PM EST today, August 28.

While the topics are intentionally broad, we also introduce subtopics for the interested:

• Offensive liberations: Legitimate tactic or misuse of mechanics?
  • How much drafting should a liberation undergo before it becomes ineffective?

You can leave any longer-length essay-style responses here, if you like, or you can just wait for the actual live discussion on the Discord!

Legitimate tactic or misuse of mechanics?
It really depends on the situation for me. I think that if a fascist/OOC bad region has a:
1. reasonable chance of the founder ceasing to exist and not returning before an operation can be completed,
2. reasonable chance of the region being passworded in the near future,
3.the region does not have an enormous amount of influence (the stat) that would take eons to kick even with a sleeper.

If a region does not have the above, I will be against. All of the current 'preemptive liberations' are crap, and they only serve to give attention to these regions. It is a misuse of mechanics. But if my criterion is satisfied, it's fair game. Bash the fash.

How much drafting should a liberation undergo before it becomes ineffective?
Very little. I think like whip up a proposal in a few minutes, send it to a few friends for peer review, then submit asap. It is a sprint and not a marathon in this case, because any time squandered is time for raiders to destroy a region/fascists to protect their region.

It really depends on the situation for me. I think that if a fascist/OOC bad region has a:
1. reasonable chance of the founder ceasing to exist and not returning before an operation can be completed,
2. reasonable chance of the region being passworded in the near future,
3.the region does not have an enormous amount of influence (the stat) that would take eons to kick even with a sleeper.

If a region does not have the above, I will be against. All of the current 'preemptive liberations' are crap, and they only serve to give attention to these regions. It is a misuse of mechanics. But if my criterion is satisfied, it's fair game. Bash the fash.

Very little. I think like whip up a proposal in a few minutes, send it to a few friends for peer review, then submit asap. It is a sprint and not a marathon in this case, because any time squandered is time for raiders to destroy a region/fascists to protect their region.
you also should make your liberation for regions that deserve sympathy

I think that Honey's explanation for when there ok is accurate and I think that really Liberations arent a forum drafting proposal as it gives raiders to much of a heads up.

what are offensive liberations
Offensive liberations is the use of the liberations aspect of the Security Council in order to be offensive (either to raid or similar) towards a region.

That being said, I encourage you to do some research on your own before commenting here.

The discussion panel for this is now closed and a transcript of it will be posted here at some point - feel free to continue discussions here until this thread is locked.

Back