Discord
BooperNoober#2116
LGBT Safe Sex Education Act
A resolution to promote the funding and development of education
Category: Education and Creativity
Area affected: Education

Proposed by: Armandlandia

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging the previously passed legislation titled Reproduction Education Act

Aware of the rights previously allowed for nations to choose their education best sorted for their nations

Hoping to provide equal learning opportunities for peoples’ of the LGBTQIA+ communities

Hereby enacts the following:

1.For the purpose of this resolution:
  • “LGBT student” is any person who is apart of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual, Queer, Intersexed, and Asexual community wishing to seek education in relation of safe sex.
  • A “education center” is a location of which basic learning (ig. Mathematics, the Sciences, Language Arts, Physical Education, and Social Studies) is taught to one or more students.
  • “Safe sex” is the use of condoms, cleaning equipment, and other protections to prevent sexual tranmatted diseases (STD) and/or sexual transmitted infections (STI).
  • “Safe area” is an area inside the education center where LGBT students are allowed to speak freely without judgement, or fear of harassment, bullying, cyberbullying, assault, or any other physical, mental, or emotional trauma.

2. Requires that WA member nations allow teaching safe sex specifically to LGBT students at education centers.
  • Each WA member nation should allow a safe area for LGBT students in the education center.
  • Establishes that such education is thoroughly taught all LGBT students on information relevant to safe sex important to their health.

3. Encourages that all WA member nations teaches safe sex for different LGBT students.

4.Expands the mission of the World Health Authority to provide assistance to WA member nations in education to help minimize the risk of STD’s and STI’s including, but not excluded to: Human Immunodeficiencies Viruses (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiencies Syndrome (AIDS).
  • This includes funding for WA member nations to have adequate safe sex education where the member nations do not have the means to meet the standards of this resolution.

5.This also allows the WA member nations to have the overview of their nations’ education as long as they respect the terms in this resolution, and World Assembly legislation.

As of now, the WA doesn't even seem to have a resolution on sex education, with the last one repealed almost instantly after passage. I suspect it may not be a great or easy topic for the WA to legislate on given the large variety of species and people in the NationStates multiverse, but if you really want to, you could probably incorporate LGBT sex education into a general sex education proposal. In that case, you'd want to look at what went wrong the last time it was tried: https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=362/council=1

As of now, the WA doesn't even seem to have a resolution on sex education, with the last one repealed almost instantly after passage. I suspect it may not be a great or easy topic for the WA to legislate on given the large variety of species and people in the NationStates multiverse, but if you really want to, you could probably incorporate LGBT sex education into a general sex education proposal. In that case, you'd want to look at what went wrong the last time it was tried: https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=362/council=1
That is why I didn't want to go too specific in relations to gender of the species. I kept that out, I was more trying to go towards all LGBT. For instance, if you are all of the same gender and species, well there is unisexual or asexual. If you can turn into multiple different genders you can be transexual, and so forth. I gave the majority of the powers to the schools themselves, but this is what would be required. So that gets rid of the issue of parent/guardian. Also this is specific on sexual relations not aimed towards reproduction, and that is also why I used "use of any other protective equipment." I tried to be specific in what I want, while broad enough to make sure it doesn't raise any flags for the member nations.

Back