The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
moce_seal.png

Closing Statement - A Drop In The Ocean 2

Well, here we are. A bit belated, I know, but all good things must come to an end, and now it's this festival's time. TNP Delegate Prydania, in his opening speech, stated that festivals like these connect us with people beyond our regional circles, and serve as a place to have a lot of fun. I think I can speak for both those who planned the festival and those who attended as regular festivalgoers that this definitely happened here. I've had an absolute blast both organizing this festival as well as being a part of it just as all of you were. All of us made this happen, together. It's a testament to the strength and energy of the alliance between North and South, just as this festival's predecessor was four years ago.

And that's another thing. Whilst writing this statement the scale of it all really hit me. I briefly mentioned this in my statement to the TNP public announcing the festival, but, as I just said, it's been four years since the first A Drop In The Ocean happened. In all that time, relations between TNP and TSP stayed strong. We could always count on each other, and we still can. Our regions and their communities are brothers, floating together in the metaphorical Pacific Ocean of the feeders, and in the greater sea that is this game. When I concluded A Drop In The Ocean 1, I admitted that we didn't do everything we had hoped. Now, four years later, I am beyond proud to have given the festival a worthy successor.

That being said, I promised to declare a winner for the Art Contest and that winner is @El Fiji Grande. Fiji, here is your medal, which you're free to use in your signature or wherever else you'd like! The amount of time and effort you put into your piece is awe-inspiring, especially considering the piece's relation to and inspiration from your own aspirations. It's those types of inspirations - those born from the human spirit - that produce the most beautiful, most meaningful art. It also reminds us that this festival brought tons of people together to create things, and not just art. @Highton, @Praetor, Omega, and @Phoenix all did an amazing job on their lectures, as did the ministers and leaders from TNP and TSP on their AMAs. Thank you all for coming out and being amazing!

In fact, I'd like to thank all the festivalgoers; all the people of TNP and TSP who came to celebrate our alliance and friendship, as well as all the people from any other regions who came to witness it. I hope you've all had fun; I know I have. But, as the tides roll out, it's important to remember that this is but one drop in the ocean. Our friendship has been and continues to be stronger and deeper than any of the great oceans on which we sail. May it remain so in perpetuity!

SYRIXIA
Minister of Culture of the North Pacific

Thanks to everyone who participated! Congratulations to those who won the SDGs (King&Guards in Assassins, Detectives in Detectives, and Mafia (animuplace and Gorundu in Mafia). Mafia was pre-emptively locked but the game was near enough the ending is clear. :P

Hope to see you all in a couple of years! :D

Back