Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
sc.jpg

Commend Nuremgard
Category: Commendation | Nominee: Nuremgard
Proposed by: Cretox State | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Comprehending the somber and demanding role of national leaders in maintaining the stability of nations and the integrity of governments throughout the multiverse against all odds,

Outlining the importance of rapid, decisive, and proactive decision-making on the part of national leaders to address potentially grave issues before they spiral out of control, and lamenting the fact that national leaders are often unable to engage in this form of decision-making due to issues not reaching their attention, or any response on their part being stalled by the slow and deliberate nature of a national government,

Most supportive of the tireless, hugely successful, and frankly paradoxical efforts of Nuremgard to covertly research potential problems that could compromise the functioning of every individual national government in existence, and their dedication to cutting through unnecessary red tape and allowing national leaders from all over the world to take effective action to solve these problems before they would otherwise be apparent to them,

Most impressed by the daily missions that Nuremgard undertakes to achieve the above, in which the nation's operatives stage incidents that present a menu of possible policy actions to national leaders in a succinct, comprehensive, and often amusing manner that can easily be understood by the average modern Leader, including:
  1. Mission #1181, in which Nuremgardian agents risked humiliation pretending to actually care about jousting, in order to provide national governments with a supplementary stream of income and an easy way to keep their people happy with the way things are run,
  2. Mission #531, in which Nuremgardian agents risked incarceration insulting national royalty on live television, outraging monarchs across the multiverse into making a decisive decision regarding lèse majesté laws,
  3. Mission #710, in which Nuremgardian agents risked forced labor pretending to be disaffected serfs and forging economic reports, in order to ensure that feudal governments would be stabilized before their systems of serfdom could cause total economic collapse,
  4. Mission #786, in which Nuremgardian agents risked their skins altering government reports on infection rates and pretending to be tattoo artists, in order to bring the issue of infections resultant from tattoos to the attention of national leaders before their nations could be decimated by full-blown pandemics,
  5. Mission #545, in which Nuremgardian agents risked their sanity trying to sell national governments defective blenders, in order to bring the issue of expatriate voting to said governments' attention before it could compromise the integrity of elections in the eyes of the public,
  6. Mission #596, in which Nuremgardian agents risked their lives to drug absolute monarchs and impersonate members of their royal courts, in order to force said monarchs to resolve the issue of royal succession before their nations could descend into civil war over the crown, and
  7. Mission #780, in which Nuremgardian agents risked the existence of time and space itself by using quantum entanglement technology to implement a value-added tax in every nation in the multiverse, in order to push national leaders into addressing the essential question of taxation,
Emphasizing the Nuremgardian government's lack of any attempts to publicize or seek credit for their critical work in preserving national stability, including the aforementioned missions in addition to eleven others of equal significance,

Noting the unprecedented caliber of Nuremgard's operatives, who plan, arrange, and execute every one of their missions without any need for support from other nations, excepting review by certain shadowy and benevolent authorities dedicated to providing logistical infrastructure to assist in such missions,

Determined to recognize the unyielding hard work and dedication of this nation in ensuring the stability and integrity of governments throughout the multiverse, and believing that few nations on this front are more deserving of such an honor,

Hereby commends Nuremgard.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]10[/TD][TD]4[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Commend Nuremgard" is an unusual proposal compared to the recently passed "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland" and "Commend Trotterdam," due to its focus on pure issue writing rather than other issues-related and regional development work. Nuremgard, the nation in question, has had eighteen high-quality issues written by them make it into the game for all nations to answer. Nuremgard is a unique target due to their lack of forum drafting for their issues, and their lack of a well-known online presence. Nevertheless, they are a highly skilled, dedicated, and underappreciated author who deserves to be recognized for their work in developing the game's community through issues authoring.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting For the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Commend Nuremgard."

Last edited:
As the author, present. I will be happy to answer any questions and address any concerns.

Against - As an issues author myself, I have respect for Nuremgard and their accomplishments.

However, I feel like most c/c proposals are targeted towards community builders and people who have had an undeniable impact on their respective fields. There are exceptions (ie Condemn Koem Kab) but I feel as if Nuremgard already has the deserved recognition of 18 issues with their name on it. Every other issues c/c focuses much more on the other achievements of the user, whether it's community feedback, region building, etc.. If you were to ask someone from GI about Nuremgard, they wouldn't have much to say, in contrast, if you ask about another commended issues author they likely would have had a positive encounter with them in the past or interact with them frequently.

This proposal also sets an odd precedent - if I were to publish a ton of issues on a puppet, does that automatically qualify it for a commend as well?

Nuremgard already has 18 shiny badges, so I don't think this one is necessarily suitable for their contributions, especially when numbers stop mattering at some point. Writing issues is largely formulaic, and the people with the highest numbers just happen to have been around for a while (not to discredit them, of course, I'm sitting here with a measly 4 lol).

However, I feel like most c/c proposals are targeted towards community builders and people who have had an undeniable impact on their respective fields. There are exceptions (ie Condemn Koem Kab) but I feel as if Nuremgard already has the deserved recognition of 18 issues with their name on it.
By that logic, KK shouldn't have been condemned, since they "already [have] the deserved recognition" of being #1 in deck value (greater than that of the the next two combined, I may add).

Every other issues c/c focuses much more on the other achievements of the user, whether it's community feedback, region building, etc.. If you were to ask someone from GI about Nuremgard, they wouldn't have much to say, in contrast, if you ask about another commended issues author they likely would have had a positive encounter with them in the past or interact with them frequently.
Many people saw, and still see, cards as a fun little minigame separate from the rest of NS. By your logic, why should cards C/C's be a thing, if the vast majority of players don't interact with cards at all and don't even know who these people being C/C'd for cards are? Why should people be C/C'd exclusively for cards and not for region building (like KK)? Cards C/C's are a fairly recent thing. Should something be automatically disqualified because it hasn't been done before?

This proposal also sets an odd precedent - if I were to publish a ton of issues on a puppet, does that automatically qualify it for a commend as well?
Get back to me when you manage to publish 18 issues off a puppet without forum drafting.

Nuremgard already has 18 shiny badges, so I don't think this one is necessarily suitable for their contributions, especially when numbers stop mattering at some point. Writing issues is largely formulaic, and the people with the highest numbers just happen to have been around for a while (not to discredit them, of course, I'm sitting here with a measly 4 lol).
Why do we C/C anyone if it's "just another shiny badge"? Why did IA get commended, if it's "just another shiny badge"? By that logic, we should be commending people that aren't necessarily well-known (like Nuremgard). Forgive me for saying this, but cards are something that the majority of players don't interact with. Issues are the core of the game.

The Condemnation of Koem Kab reflects other actions that aren't as easy to quantify as deck value, such as huge transfers, heisting, and general dominance over every aspect of cards. Koem Kab still directly interacts with other players via trading and can influence the market in whatever way they please, while Nuremgard has never posted in GI, or really interacted with issue writers whatsoever.

The point of my "ask someone in GI example" was that a nominee should be well known in their respective community. Take 9003 or Koem Kab, for example - everyone in cards knows of them and has great respect for them. In comparison, I've mentioned Nuremgard among issue authors before and they go "who?" Unless a c/c is for a controversial player, you should expect a nominee's community to back the proposal - yet multiple prolific GI authors have spoken out against it.

IA was commended for more than just their writing - they built up and made a notable impact on their respective communities. Where has Nuremgard done this?

The Condemnation of Koem Kab reflects other actions that aren't as easy to quantify as deck value, such as huge transfers, heisting, and general dominance over every aspect of cards. Koem Kab still directly interacts with other players via trading and can influence the market in whatever way they please [emphasis mine], while Nuremgard has never posted in GI, or really interacted with issue writers whatsoever.
If a nation receives one of Nuremgard's issues, is Nuremgard not directly interacting with them? Is trading and market influence in cards more "direct" than supplying the issues that every single nation in the game receives on a daily basis?

The point of my "ask someone in GI example" was that a nominee should be well known in their respective community. Take 9003 or Koem Kab, for example - everyone in cards knows of them and has great respect for them. In comparison, I've mentioned Nuremgard among issue authors before and they go "who?" Unless a c/c is for a controversial player, you should expect a nominee's community to back the proposal - yet multiple prolific GI authors have spoken out against it.
Who are these "multiple prolific GI authors"? Drasnia (14 issues) has voiced their opposition for many of the same reasons as you: people shouldn't be commended simply for issue writing (even without drafting), since no one has been commended for pure issue writing before. Jutsa (25 issues) has voiced their support. Sedgistan (issues editor + 9 issues) said:
Why? Issues are the core of the game, and developing that relies on people writing and submitting good issues.
In response to:
Not sure that we can commend people for just submitting a lot of issues - not even posting in the forum!
They've also approved the proposal. Candensia (12 issues) has stated:
For merely *submitting* an issue? No, not commendable. But the fact that so many submissions from Nuremgard have been published is something that is commendable, and gives us idea of their notable writing skills and dedication. If Nuremgard was someone who sent in garbage, they'd probably have far fewer published issues, and be directed to draft in GI as per established norms.

Now, is the issues contribution alone enough for a commendation? A different question entirely, and one I personally am still considering.
For whatever it's worth, they've approved the proposal as well.

IA was commended for more than just their writing - they built up and made a notable impact on their respective communities. Where has Nuremgard done this?
Nuremgard is a prolific issue author who doesn't draft on the forums. Their issues are part of the foundation of NationStates. I've seen Nuremgard mentioned on the GI Discord before, and I have yet to see any prominent author go "who?" Kindjal was commended for their stats, something which "is largely formulaic, and the people with the highest numbers just happen to have been around for a while," to use your language. Condemn Northern Borland was something we largely supported. People are being C/C'd for cards with increasing frequency, something which impacts the greater game to a far lesser extent than issues. Why is it that these players can be commended, but Nuremgard can't? If I'm not mistaken, you yourself tried your hand at commending Nuremgard at some point? Maybe I'm just imagining things. :p

Last edited:
If a nation receives one of Nuremgard's issues, is Nuremgard not directly interacting with them? Is trading and market influence in cards more "direct" than supplying the issues that every single nation in the game receives on a daily basis?
No for the first question, yes for the second. It's indirect if anything.
Nuremgard is a prolific issue author who doesn't draft on the forums. Their issues are part of the foundation of NationStates. I've seen Nuremgard mentioned on the GI Discord before, and I have yet to see any prominent author go "who?" Kindjal was commended for their stats, something which "is largely formulaic, and the people with the highest numbers just happen to have been around for a while," to use your language. Condemn Northern Borland was something we largely supported. People are being C/C'd for cards with increasing frequency, something which impacts the greater game to a far lesser extent than issues. Why is it that these players can be commended, but Nuremgard can't? If I'm not mistaken, you yourself tried your hand at commending Nuremgard at some point? Maybe I'm just imagining things. :p
For what it's worth, I opposed Commend Kindjal. Also for what it's worth, I support Commend Nuremgard. (non WA) However Nuremgard doesn't interact with the Got Issues community. They don't help others draft issues. They're just... there. In any case, around 1% of all the issues in the game isn't exactly a lasting impact on the game as any of the other issues people.

Absolutely and incredibly For. :) Writing issues is one of the best ways to develop NS's community—posting in GI shouldn't be a requirement to determine that the nominee has contributed to the community, it's the issue authoring that has.

Against.

Great work by Nuremgard but I am a bit conflicted whether it is commendable. They already have their name on the issues. Plus, are commendations for merely contributing to the game (as in writing issues) or for contributing to the game and its community (writing issues, mentoring new ones, GI community involvement, etc)? I would love your take on this Cretox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back