A New Party Concept

Cosmosplosion

the ceo of antifa
I am posting this thread to explain an idea I have had for a bit that I believe to be a less divisive and simple form of party politics that could serve the region well.

Essentially, instead of having parties that operate on broad platforms, would there be interest in seriously exploring single-interest parties? To an extent, this already exists in an unofficial way. People involved with certain activities such as Cards, Roleplay, the NPA, etc are naturally going to be more interested in pushing new concepts in those areas, but I think this leaves a lot to be desired.

If these groups were to coalesce into a more official party structure in an attempt to improve on their sub-communities, The North Pacific would only stand to benefit from this collective brain power and energy. Much in the way Caucuses operate in the US Congress, a sub-community would come together and constantly work at forming policy and overall ideas outside of policy to improve the region.

I am overall interested in gauging feedback on this idea and seeing if this is something a broad portion of the region would like to see.

Okay, I'll bite. What would be the benefit of "single-interest parties" over a brief mention in a broader platform? Moreover, what would single-interest parties offer that can't be achieved by people working internally? Why have a party solely dedicated to new Cards initiatives when the Cards Guild could implement new initiatives on their own?

It seems to me like this would only serve to create unintended divisions and categorizations in the region, not to mention most RPers probably wouldn't even care to look at anything outside the RP subforum. I should know.

Okay, I'll bite. What would be the benefit of "single-interest parties" over a brief mention in a broader platform? Moreover, what would single-interest parties offer that can't be achieved by people working internally? Why have a party solely dedicated to new Cards initiatives when the Cards Guild could implement new initiatives on their own?
I don't really know if "party" is the right word here, looking at the concept. I think from here on forward I will refer to them as Caucuses and leave that at that. But a single-issue caucus will serve to collectivize thought on a specific topic in a formal way. These caucuses will grant equal opportunity for each of its members to present ideas they hold for the area on an equal level, free of government affiliation. While Ministers and beyond would obviously be involved and hold some level of influence within them, but again, the intent isn't solely political. Instead, it serves to push much of these discussions into public view and to new voices. Ministry operations must continue in their current capacity, but having Caucuses serves to publicize more voices and incentivize pushing new ideas. The old saying is "two heads are better than one", and that's absolutely true. As we have more idea-makers, those people will clearly emerge as obvious leaders-in-the-making.

I understand the concern about Caucuses being a bit redundant. Sure, anything that is spoken of in a Caucus could theoretically be done internally. But that also wouldn't be the function a Caucus serves. Instead, think of a Caucus as a public-lobbying body and think-tank, operating to generate new ideas and concepts for the Ministries to consider. Caucuses wouldn't serve to "endorse" ideas or candidates in any official capacity, but instead to generate new ideas and create new political leaders.

Caucuses also wouldn't be for everybody or everything. Nothing about caucuses would be mandatory. There doesn't need to be a Caucus for every area of our community. As a need for a Caucus emerges, the Caucus should naturally be formed.
It seems to me like this would only serve to create unintended divisions and categorizations in the region, not to mention most RPers probably wouldn't even care to look at anything outside the RP subforum. I should know.
As I said above, Caucuses wouldn't operate in the capacity of endorsing candidates or a policy platform.

Last edited:
Back