Hoppin' Around
TNP Nation
Praeceps
Discord
Praetor#6889
Circle-Frame-Transparent-Background.png

A DROP IN THE OCEAN 2
ASSASSIN IN THE PALACE

An Assassin has slipped into the palace in an attempt to murder the King! Fortunately, while a few of the King's Guards sacrificed their lives to let the King escape, he was able to disguise himself as a Guard and hide among his guardians. Now, the Guards work to hunt down the Assassin who has also hidden amongst them. Can the Guards find the Assassin before he finds the King? Only time will tell!

The assembled players are (in order of signup):
  1. @Arichia
  2. @Skaraborg Died to Assassin, Guard.
  3. @Robespierre
  4. @animuplace
  5. @Swifty
  6. @Fregerson
  7. @Chewie
Roles have been distributed, there are 5 Guards, 1 King, and 1 Assassin in this game. Please confirm with me you received your role in the PM. If you want clarification on the rules and procedures, find them here. If you have any questions about the game, do not hesitate to contact me privately—especially if that helps giving away something! Please remember that the only private communication regarding content of this game should be with me and that you cannot share evidence of what I told you your role is—you are welcome to say it, just you aren't allowed to prove it.

In the spirit of having a good game, I am offering some strategy advice.
  1. Ensure there is discussion, the more discussion the better (about the game!) and will make the game more engaging.
  2. If you are a Guard/King, do NOT give away who the King is. Unless you want the Assassin to think that you gave away who the King. Or you want to fake that you are faking giving away who the King is. Or faking that you are faking that you are faking... You get the idea.
  3. If you are the Assassin, take your time, you do not have to rush your kill. But also, do not die before you at least get your shot in.
The day has now begun. By the end of the day, someone will be dead by lynching.

The end of the day will end as soon as one of the following happens:
  1. A majority of players have voted for one player to be lynched,
  2. All players have voted,
  3. 24 hours have passed since the last lynching.
Whoever has had the most votes will be lynched and their role revealed. An important note: The Assassin is able to take their shot at any point in the game. If they die without taking their shot, they may then immediately take their shot to kill the King.

The game... BEGINS NOW!

Last edited:
They brought up killing the Assassin. To me, it seems like they want to make others think that they aren't the assassin.
You haven’t met me before. I am pretty straightforward and not tactical at all. I think you are trying to divert our attention to me whilst you are the real assassin,

Hmm... I like how we all just started accusing one another of being the assassin.

We should probably be a bit more careful about who we lynch each day so as to not jump to conclusions and ensure that the King survives, but for now I’m cool with thinning out the numbers a bit.

Vote: Arichia

As the Palace goes about its business, suddenly, @Skaraborg keels over and dies. Skaraborg was a Guard.

Unfortunately, no one was able to catch whoever it was that killed Skaraborg while they were in the line of duty.

(This means that the Assassin has used their one shot. They have no way of killing the King other than if the King is lynched. However, the Guards still have to find the Assassin to prevent a tie.)

Fortunately, Skaraborg was just a guard. I apologize for accusing them of being the assassin.

Interestingly, Arichia was the first one to vote Skar and then now changed the vote to Robes
Well, Skar was killed, and he was a guard. I don't have much more information to go by. I'm just following Chewie.

Arichia seems very quick to be suspicious of everybody else whilst also changing their own vote. I’d say that’s a bit strange

Wait a second, wasn’t Arichia the one who got most votes. Both I, Robespierre and animu place voted for him. Arichia was the only one who voted for me.
You were shot by the Assassin, not lynched.

However, you are correct that is time for someone to be lynched. As Arichia has the most votes, they will be lynched.

Arichia was lynched and was revealed to be....

The Assasssin!

Congratulations to the Guards for keeping the King alive. The King was Fregerson. Good game everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back