-
-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
Hello! I would first like to welcome our friends from TSP. This would not be possible without you, and I'm elated to see you all here! I'd also like to thank TNP's Minister of Culture Syrixia and Cards Guildmaster Praetor, along with the rest of the TNP Culture staff, for putting this together. Their tireless work- and tireless Discord pings- helped bring us all here.

So what is A Drop in the Ocean? Well...it's what this subforum says. It's a celebration. We come here to celebrate what brings us together as Pacifics, as feeders, and as allies. A Drop in the Ocean is a place to learn, a place to roleplay, and a place to come together.

Believe me when I say you can't over-estimate that. I came from a region that was very closed off. TNP was an "ally" and we were hostile even to them. We had a bubble mentality. We didn't care about the rest of NS. That place isn't around much anymore, and the bubble mentality left me, and a lot of others there, feeling very hostile to anyone else. Getting out of that, and getting involved in the wider NS world through TNP, has been eye opening. And it's in part because of these sorts of events. They not only connect us with people beyond our regional circles, they're a place to have a lot of fun!

NationStates needs more of that, really. So often we get focused on the politics of the game, on the intrigue, on the raider v defender debates, that we forget to have fun. That's why I like these events. That's why I'm excited for this celebration. To put it all aside and to just reach out to friends elsewhere and have fun.

We have a lot of lectures lined up, hopefully some good RP ready to go, and a lot of mingling. So pop open the rum, let the flags fly, and enjoy yourselves!

-Pry
TNP Delegate

I'm so happy to see the festival launch, and launch so well! Hats off to all the staff who helped us pull it off, from both regions :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back