Morover

Primarily a Lurker
TNP Nation
Morover

sc.jpg

Repeal: “Commend SkyDip”
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #118
Proposed by: SkyDip | Onsite Topic
Security Council Resolution #118 “Commend SkyDip” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The Security Council,

ACKNOWLEDGING that SkyDip and their World Assembly ambassador, Elias Greyjoy, have made many contributions to the Security Council, authoring multiple resolutions,

APPLAUDING the intent of SC#118,

CONCERNED that SC#118 includes multiple action points that do not meet the benchmark of the Security Council, including nation rankings and regional Delegate status,

DECLARING that SC#118 contains few examples of exceptionalism that go above and beyond the normal activities of many nations in the world,

CRITICIZING the interchangeable use of SkyDip and Skydip, an improper nomenclature for the nation in question, in SC#118,

ADMITTING that the WA Delegation of SkyDip believes their own nation falls short of the lofty standards of a Security Council Commendation,

BELIEVING that SkyDip is not worthy of a Security Council Commendation based on the merits presented in SC#118,

HEREBY REPEALS SC#118
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Against. Feels like a cheap stunt. Especially considering some of the justifications include the nitpicking of "SkyDip" as "Skydip" and the comment about the commendation being beneath the SC's "lofty standards".

Last edited:
Against

A self-repeal leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I don’t find the argument being made compelling. The only compelling argument is that the subject of the commendation doesn’t want it, and I can easily see a version of this written by another author laying out a similar but more considered argument passing. I get SkyDip is cool and returning and this would be a novel way to approach it, but I think the self-proposal norm is a good one to have, and the popularity of the subject shouldn’t weigh so heavily in whether it passes.

Yes I know the SC is many times just a popularity contest, sometimes I try to aim a bit higher, even if it’s largely futile.

I agree with Ghost on this one - hopefully someone else can take a repeal up so that it can still be repealed. I'm abstaining for now, though, as I think more about it. Two parts of my brain are conflicting with itself on this one.

SkyDip is one of the most successful SC authors in the game. If it was anyone else, I would dismiss this as a cheap stunt. Since it's him, I'm in favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back