The King's Marriage

unavailable2

A normal person
King Kantaman III dressed in the traditional clothes, he came out of the balcony with his future wife, Ms Subhadra Tribhuneshwari, stood with the King. The King announced, "I and Subhadra will marry tomorrow, please give us your blessings." The people cheered and applauded.

Schedule
15 June - Sangeetam
16 June - Mahendiya
17 June - Vivaham
18 June - Reception

OOC: I'm posting yesterday's post too as I was studying for my online test.

Sangeetam
The Bride was at her seat, the groom, as the tradition was coming at a horse, musicians and family members surrounded the horse, dancing and celebrating. After an hour, the groom reached the hall, musicians from all over the country came for the event. The Famous musician, Dhanterao Nagaran played his most famous song, 'Tarakam!', meaning 'Taraka!'. Everyone was dancing, the bride was too dancing with the groom. The elders sang the traditional wedding song, 'O Mam Bhautiki', meaning 'O my Daughter-in-law'. The event lasted for 3 hours, the event was over. Tomorrow will be Mahendiya.

Mahendiya
The Royal Dresser came at the hall, the bride was seated, the Royal Dresser, took out the Henna paste, which is used to make designs on the hands during weddings. She started precisely pouring the paste in different beautiful patterns all over the bride's hands and forearms. It was the groom's turn, the dresser carefully poured the paste to make beautiful patterns. As the tradition, the dresser painted a symbol of marriage on both the groom and bride's forehead. Tomorrow is Vivaham.

Vivaham
The bride and groom were standing on the mandapam, the priest was praying to the gods while the couple put spices and butter in the holy fire. The priest said te parents to give the couple a floral garland, he said to the groom, "Please put the garland at your wife's neck.", he put the garland at the wife's neck. Then the priest asked the bride to put the garland at her husband's neck. The bride put the garland at her husband's neck. The priest sprayed holy water at the couple. He then asked the groom to put the manisutrak at the bride's neck. The groom did so, the priest then asked the father-in-law to tie the garments of the couple, he did so, the priest then asked the couple to take 7 rounds around the holy fire. The bride and groom did so while the priest prayed for the couple. The newlyweds were showered with rice. Then, the husband put simsoor, a red powder at the wife's hair as a symbol of marriage. The wife would now be sent to the husband's house, the father-in-law holded back his tears, while the mother-in-law was crying, that her child was going away. The marriage was complete, all of Chola was celebrating.

Reception
The family came to the palace, the family gathered at the stage, the royal photographer clicked a photo of the family. It was time for dinner, the family talked to each other, laughing and smiling. The King and Queen danced together, the family and friends joined. It was time for the late-night snacks, the family was still talking with each other. The exit was grand.

Back