Nimarya

Chicken Overlord
TNP Nation
Nimarya
Discord
Nimarya#6961
C6b1Y1a.png

HA Handbook

This past month, I wrote and published something I’ve wanted to make a reality since before this term even began, which is a comprehensive guide for Home Affairs staff. This guide includes a breakdown of all Home Affairs operations, providing detailed instructions, answers to frequently asked questions, and perhaps most importantly, explaining a little bit about the purpose of each task Home Affairs undertakes. It’s my hope that this guide will serve to better incorporate new staff, and will also work as a nice introduction to the different jobs and opportunities available in Home Affairs.

Unfortunately, despite the utterly brilliant name I gave it, which is the highly appropriate and accurate title “HA for Dummies,” my staff seems insistent on calling it the HA Handbook…

HA Leadership Sub-forum

Another important change this month was the creation of a sub-forum for Home Affairs Leadership. We have since moved a lot of important information that was previously buried in the Home Office Discord channel, and have formatted it properly on the forum, where it can be more safely stored and easily organized.

In addition to this, I have created a more formal rotational schedule for Home Affairs Leadership, and have accompanied it with yet another training guide. This guide is aimed for new deputies and explains how to go about performing administrative tasks in HA, leaving a clear road map for future Home Office workers. I have also used the opportunity to lay out a few of the policies I have in place this term for my deputies.

HA Data Viewer and Log

I believe the most impressive and long-lasting accomplishment of this past month for Home Affairs is, by far, a new, carefully coded and meticulously organized roster system for HA.

For the past two months, Home Affairs has been successfully keeping up with a shared roster that was, as I mentioned in my last report, designed to provide more data on HA’s operations and was meant to be updated as we proceeded day-to-day. As we collaborated on this project together, HA Leadership discovered through trial and error some organizational and procedural issues with the original design.

@BMWSurfer has been utterly brilliant, and has single-handedly taken the culmination of our observations to create a new, two-pronged system. First, there will be the “HA Log,” which has been designed with one singular purpose: ease and accuracy of recording data. It is clean, simple, and straightforward. Then, there will be a corresponding “Data Viewer,” which, by using a key linking to the proper HA Log, can then display tables and statistics from the recorded data in an orderly and informative way. This new system will streamline the process of recording data and polish the form in which we study the data we’ve collected.

HA Statistics

Lastly, aside from the innovative accomplishments of this month, Home Affairs has kept up with our usual operations like clockwork. As of the time of my writing this, Home Affairs has accomplished the following this term:
  • 11,653 telegrams delivered
  • 179 new members contacted on the forum
  • 4 nations contacted by Pen Pals in personalized telegrams
Overall, I would say Home Affairs has had a very busy, very successful month, and we are on the verge of continuing on with some bigger projects in the latter half of this term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back