-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Comfed
Discord
comfed
Currently, the government is run in a manner similar to the United States of America. The delegate is able to veto any law that comes before them, except for constitutional amendments. We believe that the government must retain the confidence of the Regional Assembly. The Responsible Government Party is committed to finding a way to hold the government of TNP accountable, while keeping the region’s stability intact.

All applications must occur in this format:
Application:
TNP nation:
Discord:
Reason for joining:

Last edited:
So are you saying you want a Westminster system?

P.S. The RA can recall the Delegate at any time.

Last edited:
So are you saying you want a Westminster system?

P.S. The RA can recall the Delegate at any time.
I think that a Westminster system would have difficulties operating in the direct democracy system that we have, but the platform is based on accountability for the government to the RA.

Currently, the government is run in a manner similar to the United States of America. The delegate is not responsible to the RA. The delegate is also able to veto any law that comes before them, except for constitutional amendments. We believe that the delegate must retain the confidence of the Regional Assembly. The Responsible Government Party is committed to finding a way to hold the delegate accountable, while keeping the region’s stability intact.

All applications must occur in this format:
Alright, so... I wanted to give you a breakdown of everything that’s wrong with your message here:

Firstly...
The delegate is not responsible to the RA.
Wrong.

Secondly...
We believe that the delegate must retain the confidence of the Regional Assembly.
Well that’s good and all, but if the Delegate or their executive government didn’t retain the confidence of the Regional Assmbly then they’d be recalled. (Yes, there are mechanisms to do so on behalf of the citizenry)

Thirdly...
... while keeping the region’s stability intact.
Perhaps I’m incorrect in saying this, but eh... I don’t think our Republic is by any means unstable. More so, I don’t even think you could even mistakingly classify our democracy as being unstable seeing as to how we haven’t experienced a disruption in over a decade.

and lastly...
... a way to hold the delegate accountable,
So... I presume you have some rationale for why this party is needed, yes? There’s a reason for it’s creation, in your opinion. Would you mind telling me in what ways the Delegate isn’t currently being held accountable?

Last edited:
Perhaps I’m incorrect in saying this, but eh... I don’t think our Republic is by any means unstable. More so, I don’t even think you could even mistakingly classify our democracy as being unstable seeing as to how we haven’t experienced a disruption in over a decade.
I never said that the government is unstable, I just was stating the importance of keeping it that way.
and lastly...

So... I presume you have some rationale for why this party is needed, yes? There’s a reason for it’s creation, in your opinion. Would you mind telling me in what ways the Delegate isn’t currently being held accountable?
Well, my main complaint is that the delegate has a veto on proposed law that passes the RA.

Otherwise I feel that this party should exist because the government always needs to be accountable and a political party would be a big help with that. The RA does a great job already, but it can certainly always be improved.

Last edited:
I never said that the government is unstable, I just was stating the importance of keeping it that way.

Well, my main complaint is that the delegate has a veto on proposed law that passes the RA.

Otherwise I feel that this party should exist because the government always needs to be accountable and a political party would be a big help with that. The RA does a great job already, but it can certainly always be improved.
You do know that if the RA feels so strongly over the legislation that they can overrule the veto, so surely are accountable in that respect, the veto isnt all powerful.

Hi, legal nerd here! This might be to relevance for you:
Constitution of The North Pacific:
5. The Regional Assembly may remove a government official from office by a two-thirds majority vote.
As Darcania once told me when I formed a political party in TNP:
Darcania:
I suggest you give our laws a read. The majority of your ideas would fall afoul of many of our laws, especially our Bill of Rights.

You also seem to be confused with Westminister law itself. Because, in the United Kingdom, the sitting monarch has the right to exercise a veto. This is called royal assent.

The main reason why you probably have never heard of a monarch vetoing a bill is because it’s ill-adviserd in the modern age. In fact, even the House of Lords reserved the right to also veto. This power was revoked in 1911.

And as Owen mentioned, if the Regional Assembly feels so strong about a bill, they can override a veto.
Constitution of The North Pacific:
5. The Delegate may veto a proposal of the Regional Assembly to enact, amend or repeal a law within one week of its passage.
6. The Regional Assembly may override such a veto by a two-thirds majority vote, which shall cause a proposal to take immediate effect.

Before proposing things that might already be legal (or not even possible), I suggest giving our laws a read. Making a party before knowing our laws is premature.

Back