[Proposal] Eras Antarctica/Arctica

Polihy

Registered
I believe that Eras needs an inhospitable wasteland, on either pole. This area would be extremely cold and inhabited by not many animals the farther you go in, much like RL Antarctica. This area could be called just about anything, and I invite conclave members to name it, as I am not very good at it. I am personally for L'edenik. (We could have an independent adventurer find it, so no specific country can lay claim to it
As for functions of this new continent, it would allow for more role-playing and immersion, and we could perhaps have an RP race to the South/north pole, or put in research facilities for our nations. Perhaps there could be the remains of an ancient civilization, or the remains of some ancient creature. It would be a nice opportunity for starting nations to get involved in multi-national role-playing, and also for you grizzled veterans out there. I believe that this addition to the map of Eras would be a very interesting one, and I am surprised it is not already there. And by Rping the race to the pole, I mean we could set it in the past, like the 1890's. We could literally do anything there, as long as the conclave deems it so.
Thanks for reading another one of my proposals, and I hope you allow this one. I don't think this is too far-fetched, right?
*Note. I do not believe that there should be any nations founded here, much like Real life Antarctica, but perhaps some countries may lay claim to parts of it, or none of it.

Last edited:
The story idea (this all happens in the far past, somewhere from the 1800's to the early 1900's
We could have an independent adventurer, perhaps with an unknown background, sail his crew to find a new continent where he could be ruler. Instead they find an extremely large, icy wasteland and nothing that they can see there. The captain disappears trying to find a place like he thought the continent should be, and after waiting two weeks, they decide to sail back to the lace they came from (I don't know what nation this should be). One of the sailors swears he saw forests in the distance, and another swears she found the remains of a lost civilization. These rumors spread, and like rumors, increase in magnitude. Now they say that beyond the icy wastes lie a lush rain forest, and that an extremely advanced civilization lives in it, and that the natural reserves of metals and valuable gems are tenfold anywhere else. These outlandish rumors eventually reach the ears of the countries leaders, and many dispatch a small expedition searching for these lands. After initial disappointment, they ask the original crew where they started off, and no one seems to know, as the navigator died from typhus soon after leaving ship, and no one knows where he left his notes. Eventually, they send additional exploring parties, but they find nothing. no one really knows who came up with the idea, but now the race is the first one to make it the the pole, perhaps to increase their political standings, or to say they were the first, or to lay claim to the entirety of this new, icy continent. Whatever the case, the race is on to plant their flag at the bottom of the Earth.

Will these proposals never end? I'm bound to run out of ideas someday. How about if this fails can we just allow there to be ice masses at the poles that form every winter there?

There is no need to add Antartica or the Arctic to the map because Eras is assumed to have ice caps. And having them on the map would only provide confusion. So no. But you may have a story regarding a race for the poles. Mind you there will be no forest. Only the icecaps.

Back