[Locked] Prohibition of Selling, Using and Possession of Illegal Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filiposgov

Registered
The World Assembly,

Recognizing that illegal drugs can ruin the mental health of mankind,

Wishing to completely stop the circulation of illegal drugs in each member-state,

Believing that possession and use of illegal drugs is the root of all crimes,

Hereby,

1.Defines "illegal drug possession" as the possession or use of illegal drugs with a purpose of selling them;

2.Mandates that anyone who will be caught possessing and selling illegal drugs will be punished in accordance of the law and drug users must be rehabilitated ;

3. Requires member-states to build rehabilitation centers and all the cost of rehabilitation will be covered by the government ;

4. Recommends that all member-states must create a special drug enforcement unit which will enforce the law against the selling, using, and possessing of illegal drugs;

4.Requires member-states to hear the case of each suspect who will be caught selling and possessing of illegal drugs fairly;

5.Further requires member-states to end the circulation of illegal drugs by conducting daily operations but the enforcers must not kill or harm those who will be caught;

6. Clarifies that drug users may not be punished by law however they will undergo in rehabilitation process in a certain period of time.

Last edited:
I object to lumping drug users and drug dealers in the same category. Also signing your name at the bottom of the proposal is a violation of General Assembly proposal rules.

What can you suggest sir?Shall I focus on drug dealers alone? It was not mentioned there that they are on the same category. The purpose of the proposal is to completely stop the circulation of illegal drugs and to find solution to those who are using drugs.

Apologies, your title confused me. Actually, now that I've read it again, I'm not sure exactly what it is that you want to cover. Let's go through this one by one:
1.Defines "illegal drug possession" as the possession or use of illegal drugs with a purpose of selling them;
If they possess for the purpose of selling, then that's not really possession. Also, each country defines what illegal drugs are (since you haven't provided a definition), so if a country does not make any drug illegal, then this doesn't apply to them at all.
2.Mandates that anyone who will be caught possessing and selling illegal drugs will be punished in accordance of the law and drug users must be rehabilitated ;
If there is no law against possessing or selling drugs, then they won't be punished. This is basically leaving everything to nations themselves.
4. Recommends that all member-states must create a special drug enforcement unit which will enforce the law against the selling, using, and possessing of illegal drugs;
You can't "recommend" that a nation "must" do something. That's contradictory. It's either recommended or required.
4.Requires member-states to hear the case of each suspect who will be caught selling and possessing of illegal drugs fairly;
Fair trials is already covered in existing resolutions.
5.Further requires member-states to end the circulation of illegal drugs by conducting daily operations but the enforcers must not kill or harm those who will be caught;
Why daily? What if there aren't discoveries being made daily?
6. Clarifies that drug users may not be punished by law however they will undergo in rehabilitation process in a certain period of time.
Ah, so you don't want to punish possession. I thought you had a different opinion.

Overall, this is a redundant proposal, because nations that have made certain drugs illegal would also have ways to punish offenders, while nations that haven't will still be unaffected, because there are no "illegal drugs" in their country.

Last edited:
Apologies, your title confused me. Actually, now that I've read it again, I'm not sure exactly what it is that you want to cover. Let's go through this one by one:

If they possess for the purpose of selling, then that's not really possession. Also, each country defines what illegal drugs are (since you haven't provided a definition), so if a country does not make any drug illegal, then this doesn't apply to them at all.

If there is no law against possessing or selling drugs, then they won't be punished. This is basically leaving everything to nations themselves.

You can't "recommend" that a nation "must" do something. That's contradictory. It's either recommended or required.

Fair trials is already covered in existing resolutions.

Why daily? What if there aren't discoveries being made daily?

Ah, so you don't want to punish possession. I thought you had a different opinion.

Overall, this is a redundant proposal, because nations that have made certain drugs illegal would also have ways to punish offenders, while nations that haven't will still be unaffected, because there are no "illegal drugs" in their country.

Thank you for your very good remarks sir. I Appreciate them very much. I don't think this proposal will be approved so I will now try to withdraw or delete this proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back