Not open for further replies.

Nimarya

Chicken Overlord
TNP Nation
Nimarya
Discord
Nimarya#6961
Hello everyone!

I’m Nimarya, your new Minister of Home Affairs. You might have seen me around before, but for those of you who are wondering who I am, I’ve been a citizen of TNP since November 26, 2019. I’ve been a member of Home Affairs since February 7, 2020, and I have served as a Deputy Minister for Home Affairs since February 24, 2020.

A lot has happened since I first joined, and if you’d told me when I first spawned in TNP how many friends I would make, how much fun I would have, and just how far I’d go in only one eventful term, I would have had a hard time believing you. I’m very grateful to Rocketdog, Bluie, and all the others for training me and giving me the opportunities I have had. It was awesome working with you, and I hope I do you proud as Minister.

Since building a good team is the first step to success, I’m happy to announce that I have been blessed with excellent and experienced deputies to work alongside. I hereby appoint @BMWSurfer, @BluieGamer, and @9003 as Deputy Ministers for Home Affairs.

With that out of the way, let’s talk about what I hope to accomplish this term:

Groundwork

First and foremost, I want to lay the groundwork for a smooth running ministry. I intend to give HA staff the means and method to get work done efficiently, and I will do this by creating new templates for staff and mentors to use and by organizing HA’s bookkeeping efforts so that we can keep better track of the numbers of rows sent, new forum members contacted, and so on.

I also wish to publish a guide on HA’s forums that can be used to answer FAQs and train new staff members. Encouraging and teaching new members of Home Affairs is one way we can continue to rejuvenate our ministry, and I strongly believe that working in Home Affairs is an excellent way for residents to get involved in the government of TNP.

In short, I will be doing many small things that will make Home Affairs easier to work in and easier to manage. When it is time for me to pass the torch to someone else, if I can say that I’ve left a system in place that is a solid foundation for future staff and ministers, I’ll have met my goal.

Community

I believe one thing that has made Home Affairs a more lively place as of late is the sense of community we’ve recently fostered. People are drawn in and stick around to put in the work for Home Affairs because we’re in this together as a team, and we’re all friends. We care about TNP, we care about HA, and we care about each other. On that note, I’m excited to introduce Home Affairs Game Night!

Once a month, the staff of Home Affairs will come together for a series of games and activities. During this time, we’ll also be going over the statistics of the last month and celebrating the accomplishments and work of the individuals who keep the gears of Home Affairs turning in the background. If you’re interested in helping plan the event, and coming up with prizes and rewards, contact me! I would love all the help and new perspectives I can get. :)

I also intend to publish a dispatch at the end of the term listing every staff member and the work they’ve put in at the end of the term. I think, since Home Affairs is usually thankless work, that making everyone’s name and the numbers of what they’ve done for the region public would be a good gesture of encouragement.

Personalization

Finally, I have a few tentative ideas for one way I think we can improve HA’s outreach. When you were new to NationStates, did you ever receive a telegram and click on it, enthusiastic with hope that you had received a message- only to realize it was yet another mass telegram or recruitment message? I would like to work with Gameside Advocates to recognize new members who are active on the RMB so that, occasionally, HA staff can send these new residents personalized telegrams, as a sort of pen pal program.

This idea is still in the brainstorming stage, so it is subject to change and might evolve drastically if and when it is ever implemented, but I hope to start a discussion of the merit and technicalities of this idea with my staff, deputies, and the GAs.

With that, I’m overjoyed to begin working in this new term. Thank you all, and let’s get started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back