It's Awesome to be Back... An "Ask Me Anything" Thread

Did you guys know Eluvatar is/was NPO too?
In your own words, why did you become a TNP citizen and vote in the judicial election in what is an amazingly stupid show of TP's hand by choosing a popular candidate and then casting doubt on Elu?

Simply curious. ;)

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
In your own words, why did you become a TNP citizen and vote in the judicial election in what is an amazingly stupid show of TP's hand by choosing a popular candidate and then casting doubt on Elu?

Simply curious. ;)

Edited for grammar.
Haha, you are funny.

1) I've been a citizen of TNP on and off for about... 8 or 9 years? I come and go depending on my time. I've even been Deputy Speaker of the Hall about 3 different times. So, I actually just RE-applied after having lost citizenship yet again not so long ago ;)

2) I vote in most if not all elections, as it is my duty and right as Citizen of TNP.

3) I choose the candidate I know the most. However, I don't remember any part of the Law requiring citizens to justify their votes to other members of the Hall or TNP. Am I wrong here?

4) Casting doubt on Elu? LMAO! Eluvatar is one of the most trustworthy players in THE GAME; I do not think any serious gameplayer can doubt his capacity to separate his commitments to the game, to TNP and to any other region he has played at from each other. If you believe it is possible to tarnish Elu's trust with this, you are deeply naive... Furthermore, I'm not casting doubt, I'm actually sharing something fun: Eluvatar WAS actually in NPO :) He has admitted it himself, and I had actually FORGOTTEN. Being in NPO is not a sign of "doubt" or "tarnish". I think you need to check your personal prejudices, Jan ;)

Haha, you are funny.
<snip>
I certainly can be, as are some of your equivocations.
I'd never seen you around TNP before or, if I have, I didn't know about your association with TP. In short, I may simply have forgotten you existed prior to this point. Shrug.
Your vote is entirely your affair. I simply noticed it when scrolling through the public votes.
As to Eluvatar, you said something above or in Discord regarding that. I'm not going to bother verifying it as it's not worth it.

I've been here for over 10 years. You knowing or not knowing this doesn't change the fact. Neither does you knowing or not knowing me.

I'm glad you noticed I vote publicly. Perhaps that should make you realize I'm not hiding anything, as your original questions seem to want to imply? Should I check all your votes and question you about them? Again, I don't remember any law that allows you to put any vote I made to scrutiny. Could you please point me to it?

For the last part, I'm afraid you WILL need to bring your evidence, as your comments are starting to irk me as offensive. I don't take kindly to dumb unfounded insinuations. So you can either bring forth some sort of evidence of wrongdoing on my behalf, or you can apologize for your insinuations. I'm a patient man, take your time.

What are your feelings on “The Pope is Catholic”?
I almost missed your question!

It is interesting that so much time after the issues that arise the creation of that puppet and anti-endorsement campaign, the person responsible for it keeps trying to beat a dead horse. I have nothing personal against them, and I'm even amused to see how long they keep it going. Besides that, not much at all.

Why? What you mean? No... Am I getting something wrong?
Well, if Lord of Darkness made the graphics, it would seem to me like you changed your forum when he became Emperor (which, using wayback machine, I think occurred in 2018). But, I’m no expert on how NPO succession works, so I wouldn’t know.

LOD has been a member of NPO for over 10 years, one of its top graphic designers all the time, as well as developer and admin.

Does your admins can only admin when they are Delegate?

Last edited:
LOD has been a member of NPO for over 10 years, one of its top graphic designers all the time, as well as developer and admin.

Does your admins can only admin when they are Delegate?
Oh, I missed the part about him being an admin for years.

Seriously, though, what does Emperor succession look like?

Oh, I missed the part about him being an admin for years.

Seriously, though, what does Emperor succession look like?
I'm not sure I understand what the question is? Can you rephrase? English isn't my first language and I'm afraid my head can't really grasp what you are aiming to ask here :( Sorry.

I'm not sure I understand what the question is? Can you rephrase? English isn't my first language and I'm afraid my head can't really grasp what you are aiming to ask here :( Sorry.
So when the emperor steps down or CTEs, what is the process of making the regent or maybe consul into the next emperor?

If the Emperor steps down, he selects the next Emperor and as soon as he announces it, that's it. If the Emperor just disappears, the charter makes the Consul the new Emperor after a while. That's all.

What exactly is the role of the Vox Populi? Is e like our Speaker?
I have previously missed this.
The Vox Populi is the representative of the People in the Senate. Basically they serve as a fully fledge Senator for the duration of their period, with access to the Senate chambers and archives accordingly.

Do you have issues, kid? May want to see a doctor...
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
"This was certainly a tricky question to say the least. Lots of physics involved that I have pushed to those dusty corners in my mind. Not to mention you need to know a little bit about swallows.

Leave it to Marion to make me think this hard…

Let’s start with what an unladen swallow is. The simple answer, it’s a bird. The more complicated answer is that it’s a bird with 74 distinct species of swallow. Some found in Africa, others in Europe.

What is air speed velocity? It’s the relative velocity between some object, in this case the swallow, and the air.

In order to calculate the airspeed you have to take the difference between ground speed and the wind speed. Ground speed is the speed in which an object moves relative to some reference point on the ground. Wind speed is the speed in which the air moves relative to some reference point on the ground.

If there was a case in which a day had absolutely no wind, the ground speed is equal to the wind speed. Of course this is highly unlikely to ever happen.

This definition applies best to planes. When dealing with animals is a little different. To find the airspeed velocity of a bird, one must calculate the Strouhal number. The Strouhal number is usually used in the calculation of speed of fish in water. In that case, it is the ratio of frequency of the tail moving and the forward speed of the animal. A man named Graham K. Taylor discovered the same principle can be applied to birds and other animals that can fly.

For birds, the Strouhal number is the frequency multiplied by the amplitude of the wings divided by the animal’s speed through the air. The frequency is the number of times the bird beats its wings a second and the amplitude is the distance the wing travels in one beat.

To get an approximate airspeed, Taylor said to invert the midpoint Strouhal number (which is 0.3). This means that the airspeed about 3 times the product of the frequency and the amplitude.

There is a very detailed blog on style.org that discusses all the fun mathematical details of the Strouhal Number if you are interested. Here’s a link: The Strouhal Number in Cruising Flight

Now, in the case of the swallow, the Strouhal number is actually less than the average so it doesn’t work right out of the box. For all the details, see: Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

In the end, it’s concluded that the airspeed velocity of a (European) unladen swallow is about 24 miles per hour or 11 meters per second."

Reference: https://www.saratoga.com/how-should-i-know/2013/07/what-is-the-average-air-speed-velocity-of-a-laden-swallow/

Last edited:
Back