Elegarth

TNPer
-
TNP Nation
North_Elegarth
Discord
Elegarth#8848
Hello North Pacificans.

First of all, I'd like to thank the Executive Government and the Administrative Staff for bringing our Embassy back from the archives. There's a lot there to see and read!

Also, as many of you know, my name is Elegarth, also known as The Seeker of Power. I'm currently the Consul of the New Pacific Order, which is a position similar to your Vice Delegate.

My past in NS is quite open, I'm a former delegate of TWP, and was also in the past Regent of the NPO (previous name of the position I have now again), Senator of IA and FA, Legatus, and formerly a citizen of all the feeders, which are my favorite regions. Long long time ago I was even a Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly of TNP!

So, here I am, and I'd like to make sure we keep this AMA thread open. I'll take any and all questions, and my commitment is to answer them all to the best of my knowledge, guesswork and creativity.

Bring it own, my North Pacifican friends, foes, lovers, haters and bystanders! j/k :D

I rather like TP. In many respects. ;) They've earned my respect.

I had a nation that was forcibly CTE'd by NS Admin after making a single, admittedly provocative, but not intended to be trollish, post on TP's RMB. That particular nation can no longer even be brought back from the Boneyard, though I'm told that that this is not possible. It is obviously.

I'd like to do resurrect that particular nation. I've learned to be a bit more diplomatic since then. I have several puppet nations now in TP coexisting peaceably, for the most part, aside from chastising the occasional fool, for a fair amount of time.

Would this be possible? I'd appreciate the matter being taken up by your bosses and NS Admin approached on the matter.

Thank you,

Isimud

Last edited:
This is more of a personal question for you as opposed to a question about relations between the North Pacific and the New Pacific Order, but I’ve always wondered...

What do you consider the highlights of your time as Delegate of the West Pacific to be and how do those highlights compare to your time as Consul/Regent of the Pacific? Is there one capacity you preferred to serve in more than any other?

Who is your bet for delegate?

Well, I voted for Praetor and Pry, and I think I wasn't as bad, seen that they were top 2 :p

What are your hopes for the future between TNP and the NPO?

I hope that we can finally become long lasting friends. I understand that our cores and principles are different; you guys are the biggest democracy in NS and we are the older meritocratic autocracy. However, I think instead of focusing on the things that make us different, we should try to build bridges in the things that we have in common, or could end up having in common.

I honestly hope that not only NPO and TNP but all the feeders, all the Pacifics, learn to be the siblings they naturally are. Yes, we are different, yes, we think differently, and often in the past we haven't been necessarily fair or just about each others. But we are - or should continue being - family. Of a sort.

Hi Elegarth!
Oops--that's not a question.
Favorite type of pie?

Hey bootsie! It's been a while :)

My favorite pie is pumpkin pie!

When are you going to banject the plague known as Ballpit?

Ballpit is a good kid, with a huge heart and a huge desire to impress, do and learn. His excessive energy sometimes plays against his best judgement but he ain't a bad kid. I don't currently have any plans to banject him.

I rather like TP. In many respects. ;) They've earned my respect.

I had a nation that was forcibly CTE'd by NS Admin after making a single, admittedly provocative, but not intended to be trollish, post on TP's RMB. That particular nation can no longer even be brought back from the Boneyard, though I'm told that that this is not possible. It is obviously.

I'd like to do resurrect that particular nation. I've learned to be a bit more diplomatic since then. I have several puppet nations now in TP coexisting peaceably, for the most part, aside from chastising the occasional fool, for a fair amount of time.

Would this be possible? I'd appreciate the matter being taken up by your bosses and NS Admin approached on the matter.

Thank you,

Isimud

I think there's something I'm not understanding... If your nation was Mod Bombed you can't bring it back. I'm not an NS Mod...

What do you consider the highlights of your time as Delegate of the West Pacific to be and how do those highlights compare to your time as Consul/Regent of the Pacific? Is there one capacity you preferred to serve in more than any other?

My run as Delegate of TWP was relatively quiet and uneventful, which is something TWP needed after the URA debacle and the previous hiccups. I had a lot of plans and ideas that either I never had the time to run, as RL caught up with me and I had to quit, or that were adapted and developed by Badger later on. I think I did a good work of allowing TWP to reach a new balance, the Hall of Nations there currently was a project I was sponsoring, originally suggested by Eli iirc, and Badger took it, made it his (I mean to say, transformed it into its own version, which is good) and successfully implemented it.

I think I was a good transition Delegate between Old TPW and New TWP.

The thing about Consul of NPO vs Delegate of TWP is that the regions work internally very different. TWP during my delegacy was more loosely organized, NPO is more structured. I don't think I prefer any. I enjoy them both as well.

I think there's something I'm not understanding... If your nation was Mod Bombed you can't bring it back. I'm not an NS Mod....

My point being that here are certainly nations in your government that know, or are/were NS Mods or know nations that know nations. The original request was originated by someone in your government. Or, at the least, that particular post was flagged to the attention of the NS Mods by someone in TP's government. Therefore the chain of events, started by me, was elevated by y'all. After a single post by that/my nation. It should be reversed in the same order, i.e., me, you, them.

I'm unfamiliar with the term "Mod-bomb", but the words make sense.

Edited for the usual reasons.

Last edited:
I'll mix it up with a fun question. If you were to coup a GCR, which one would it be and why would it be Lazarus? :P

My point being that here are certainly nations in your government that know, or are/were NS Mods or know nations that know nations. The original request was originated by someone in your government. Or, at the least, that particular post was flagged to the attention of the NS Mods by someone in TP's government. Therefore the chain of events, started by me, was elevated by y'all. After a single post by that/my nation. It should be reversed in the same order, i.e., me, you, them.

I'm going to answer this because I don't think Elegarth should or need to be bothered by this question. There is no "take-backs" in moderation. Once something's been reported, it's done. It's entirely up to the mods what to do. Mods can also take action even if no reports were made. So this is irreversible, period.

Now I have a question of my own: Elegarth, can you confirm that Praetor is indeed an NPO plant?
Actually we all know the answer to that question.
I have a different question: Are you satisfied with the amount and quality of sensitive information that Praetor has sent to the NPO over the years?

Hi Janus. Gorundu here is giving you the best reply:

I'm going to answer this because I don't think Elegarth should or need to be bothered by this question. There is no "take-backs" in moderation. Once something's been reported, it's done. It's entirely up to the mods what to do. Mods can also take action even if no reports were made. So this is irreversible, period.

Thanks Gorundu. I am, however, willing to extend myself: there isn't any "a guy knows a guy" thing, nor any of the current Senators is a Mod in NS - to my memory, actually, we've never had a Senator who was also part of the Mod Team, all the other way around, ADN and other enemy organizations of the NPO in the past had included mods.

The one way we get in contact with the MODS is through the game's GHR. This is the ONLY tool we use to report and get in contact with the MODs. It is an ability you also have. As Gorundu said, the mod team RARELY goes back on their tracks, but you should submit a GHR should you want help, for any and all Mod decisions.

Once again: We do not have any MODs in our team, nor we use any back channels. The mod team in NS is one of the more transparent teams in the 20+ years of communities I've known. Good luck with that, but keep your hopes low mate.

I'll mix it up with a fun question. If you were to coup a GCR, which one would it be and why would it be Lazarus? :P

I am really not comfortable with coups - of any kind. However, if I have to, would probably be my own regions (the one I consider myself a native of, TP and TWP) and only with the purpose of preventing something worse. And then I would just try to get it stable as quickly as possible and allow the regions to continue in their natural ways. It is a complex question.

Lazarus... *sigh* Laz has has enough shit during all these years, I have never wish them ill will, and I hope they can eventually become fully stable.

Now I have a question of my own: Elegarth, can you confirm that Praetor is indeed an NPO plant?
Actually we all know the answer to that question.
I have a different question: Are you satisfied with the amount and quality of sensitive information that Praetor has sent to the NPO over the years?

If Praetor is an NPO plant, he is doing a really bad job: never reporting back, no info coming in, etc. Perhaps he is SO secret a plant, that not even the NPO knows it? :o

What do you think of the AGORA Act?

It is no secret to anyone that has known me for years that I consider your whole legal system much complicated. Perhaps I am just not the best eLawyer there is, or perhaps I'm used to simpler things. However, I do think that simplification of the TNP apparatus, specially where a given position is not really giving back to the region. So I think it was a great idea. I'd have vote FOR it had I been here when it was voted :D

smh taking the easy answer :P

I strongly object to the characterization that I am a bad NPO plant. Am I not the best NPO plant as I have yet to have been banned from the region I am planted in? :P

(also, I believe Myrth used to be a moderator)

I strongly object to the characterization that I am a bad NPO plant. Am I not the best NPO plant as I have yet to have been banned from the region I am planted in? :P

I think you are right, iirc Myrth was a mod circa 2008~2010?? I may have got that wrong. I think you are right. Still, GHR is our way to go :D

Hi Janus. Gorundu here is giving you the best reply:

Thanks Gorundu. I am, however, willing to extend myself: there isn't any "a guy knows a guy" thing, nor any of the current Senators is a Mod in NS - to my memory, actually, we've never had a Senator who was also part of the Mod Team, all the other way around, ADN and other enemy organizations of the NPO in the past had included mods.

The one way we get in contact with the MODS is through the game's GHR. This is the ONLY tool we use to report and get in contact with the MODs. It is an ability you also have. As Gorundu said, the mod team RARELY goes back on their tracks, but you should submit a GHR should you want help, for any and all Mod decisions.

Once again: We do not have any MODs in our team, nor we use any back channels. The mod team in NS is one of the more transparent teams in the 20+ years of communities I've known. Good luck with that, but keep your hopes low mate.

Your answer proved to be the better one. Definitely more accurate.

Thank you.

Another few questions. What do you know about the Minister? I'm curious. I've rarely interacted with him, but have done so a few times. Quite briefly. ;)

I notice that Pierconium is still listed as Imperator Emeritus. Can you tell us a little bit about that function? Does he remain active or is he largely retired, governmentally speaking?

Last edited:

Thanks for that Praetor.

Edit: apologies for that Mods. I didn't know how to use multiquote, but think I may have figured it out now.

Last edited:

"I believe" oh man do I feel old. Yes Myrth was a mod.

What do you know about the Minister? I'm curious. I've rarely interacted with him, but have done so a few times. Quite briefly. ;)

Which Minister? You have a few.

I notice that Pierconium is still listed as Imperator Emeritus. Can you tell us a little bit about that function? Does he remain active or is he largely retired, governmentally speaking?

Is just the title of Retired Emperors. Most of them are fully inactive and have no roles. Pierconium is busy with RL, but when he is around, he is free to advise, provide opinions, give input on history, etc. He, ultimately, is not part of the Chain of Command of the Order as Imperator Emeritus, hence, not part of the decision making process officially.

Which Minister? You have a few.

Sigh. Your The Minister. As in TP's. Pierconium.
Ah. I see that I hadn't previously capitalized the "t".
Is just the title of Retired Emperors. Most of them are fully inactive and have no roles. Pierconium is busy with RL, but when he is around, he is free to advise, provide opinions, give input on history, etc. He, ultimately, is not part of the Chain of Command of the Order as Imperator Emeritus, hence, not part of the decision making process officially.

Thanks.

I'm sorry man, I honestly have no clue what your question is.

I'll say the answer may be 42? xD

Good answer, but allow me to be less ambiguous.

Edit whatever:
What do you know of The Minister's/Pierconium's, the one who was listed as Imperator Emeritus on the Pacific's Nationstates regional page as of the time of the posting of my original question, past activities in the Pacific and/or New Pacific Order that you are willing to talk about as of the time that you read this post?
This would be a question that occurs in this spacetime continuum on the world of Earth in an average galaxy called by homo sapiens sapiens "the Milky Way" in the language known as English in the Orion Arm of said galaxy.

Last edited:
What's the password to the nation The Seeker of Power? I want to do some banjections. :voldy:
You just need to calculate the integral:

r*arctan(theta)*[cosh(phi)/(2+3sinh(phi))]*[sinh(phi)/(r*tanh(phi)+1))]dphi,dr,dtheta

From r=0->Infinite
phi= -pi/2 to pi/2
theta=0 to pi

Last edited:
Back