Highton

Not a Malorian vassal
TNP Nation
Highton Islands
Discord
Highton#5752
6ZPGTzp.png

DAS GEMEINSCHAFT

Das Gemeinschaft (full name Das Nationengemeinschaft/The Community of Nations) is a union of independent nations united by a common heritage as members of the Hightonian colonial empire. The alliance focuses on benefitting the member nations both economically and culturally. It has no defined headquarters as locations of meetings rotate between members and are held biannually. The Gemeinschaft was founded on the 21st of November, 1969, with the signing of the Treaty of Highton City.

Full Member Nations
Demescia
Highton
Lawston
Oclusia
Peuportîle
Observer Nation:
Astragon

President of das Gemeinschaft: H.H. Prince Diego II
President of das Gemeinschaftskonferenz: Justine Gansz (Highton)
Location of the next Gemeinschaftskonferenz: Ganatrastadt, Lawston
Date of the next Gemeinschaftskonferenz: 22nd of June, 2020 - 26th of June, 2020

The Treaty of Highton City (1969)

Fttg37q.png

Last edited:
BHrilWt.png

Alarmed by the recent events in Oclusia, I find it necessary to call an emergency meeting of the Gemeinschaftskonferenz to address the situation. Therefore I have chosen to activate clause 2c of section 2 of the Gemeinschaft Charter and I request the presence of representatives from every member of the Gemeinschaft in Alexandria, Highton, for an emergency summit beginning on the 7th of May, 2020.

Sincerely,
Justine Gansz
(President of the Gemeinschaftskonferenz)

The representatives of the Gemeinschaft's nations shuffled into the room in Alexandria in a hotel not far from the airport. They all sat down at the wooden table in the center of the room. As the President of the Gemesinchaftskonferenz, Justine Gansz sat down first.

"I'd like to welcome all of you to Alexandria, first and foremost," Justine began. "Especially on such short notice, I'm glad everyone could be here to discuss this important issue. I believe that the goal of this meeting should be to agree to some form of unified action to curb the rise of piracy off the coast of Oclusia and their interference with the Oclusi government. With that introduction, I open the floor to any of the delegates who have an suggestions of where to start."

The delegate of Oclusia sat down. His face was a mess. He had eye bags all over his eyes from sleepless nights. His placard shined with the light. He took a sip from his water as he sat around the table. He looked at the delegates in the room. "Oclusia needs you all now more than ever..." he began, "Our market has plummeted, we have pirates causing damage to Oclusi, we have hundreds fleeing to Saintonge and Yalkan daily... Around 25 people are dying every day from pirate attacks... Please, help us come up with a relief plan."

Last edited:
Noëlle Le Marquis sat down third, dressed in a trouser suit made of expensive silk, with sun-bleached hair, presumably from her winter vacation off her home island. She was a stark difference from the Oclusian delegate, and she seemed under-worked and relaxed, at least when compared to her Oclusian counterpart. Despite Peuportîle being an overwhelmingly Ceretian-speaking country, Noëlle spoke in fluent Aleman to the conference.

"Peuportîle has had its fair share of privateers and pirates in the past as well. Considering we spent most of our history as an independent nation being dependent on our ports, and the trade that moves through the Phoenix Sea, we can sympathize with the trouble that comes from marauders such as these. Although we cannot provide much in terms of naval assistance, we would be happy to provide financial support for any endeavor the Gemeinschaft chooses to take to put down this threat. We would also be happy to have officers sent in future to help shore up your defensive capabilities. I don't mean to be boastful, but as an island, our navy is something we're pretty proud of."

Last edited:
Alexandria, Crowned Republic of Highton

Kai Osburg, and that's Kai as in an Aleman name, came here with an understanding that there is an urgency. But it is arguable to say that this particular matter at hand is urgent, especially when this organization is not even supposed to be concerned over such a matter. Mutter, personally, would be the only real matter on this table, and it should become a non-event if anyone mentions anything remotely of military nature.

"...I don't mean to be boastful, but as an island, our navy is something we're pretty proud of."

Personally, that sums up the perfect cues to leave. Except that it's not enough to warrant it...yet. So, time to read the script. Kai took one of the pieces of documents he slipped earlier under his hands and, looking at other representatives in this very humble setting, before he began to represent the sovereign nation he was appointed to speak on its behalf.

Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei.

"Damen und Herren. The Lawstoner Republic has begun its efforts to call on charities and humanitarian organizations to prepare rendering services to Oclusis."

Kai took a dramatic pause. "But...wir sind derzeit besorgt. We are concerned about the level of security that will be able to protect, not only Lawstoners and not just humanitarian workers, but also the Oclusi citizens who will need their help."

"We would like to know what is the status of the government in Oclusia. All branches, national and local governments. What is the government doing and are their forces actively trying to restore order?" Kai looked further down the paper, chewing on the inside of his cheeks.

"...As free nations united in the spirit of shared and common heritage, this union is economic and cultural, and the Lawstoner Republic would like to reaffirm that the principles of this economic and cultural organization shall prevail over functions opposite to the purposes of this organization and everything it represents."

Taking a deep draw of breath, Kai continued. "Also, we should endeavor to understand more about the situation in Oclusia. Plummeting markets and pirates, citizens fleeing to Saintonge, could be indicators of a more severe problem. And if memory serves us correctly, with all due respect to..."

Kai paused. He blinked and blinked his eyes again to check if he is going to read this and if he is reading it correctly.

"Die Menschen- The people of the Byeloszlavic State of the Osclusi Democratic Republic of a Greater Northwest Meterra... With all due respect, Oclusia had the capabilities-"

There was no need to say more. Personally, everything has been said about it and people will surely remember it with fewer words than anyone thought they ought to say. It would neither be less succinct nor more inappropriate.

"As to what capabilities I am referring to, I will not go further to describe what is now a horrible memory. Schmerzhafte Erinnerung. Oclusis have suffered enough... Now, the important question that needs to be asked here is what happened and why is it different this time?"

Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei.

Last edited:
Astragonese Embassy,Alexandria, Crowned Republic of Highton

Mandape felt a cold bead of sweat run down the back of his neck, the ambassador's office might as well have been a Skandan torture chamber. The Exalted Empire’s representative to Highton was presently glaring out of the window and tapping his hand with rhythmic aggression on the hard oak of the wall. Ambassador Reth Na Tuwile was seething, his breathing was practically a snarl.

“Repeat what you just said Mandape, but slower so I can hear you over my incandescent rage!” Reth growled irritably, Mandape was certain the ambassador's vein was bulging on the side of his temple
“Errr...the foreign ministry has chosen...Maximillian Mopane as its representative to the Gemeinschaft organization” Mandape said in a quivering tone

Reth turned and the sight made the blood drain from Mandape’s face. The ambassador was a tall, gaunt man with a prominent bald head that seemed just a few inches too high on the neck. His brown eyes were pits of utter rage, his rants were the stuff of horror stories and nightmares and today the rant was going to be especially venomous.

“That's...that's what I thought you said” Reth said pausing to take a deep breath, the first sign of an incoming rant

Reth turned to the Intercomm and pressed a red button “M’Buke! Come into the office please” he said with mock joy

A few minutes later senior press officer M’Buke Maposha entered the room, he was a short angry-looking Na Themba man with a fat face and arms that looked thick enough to rip the doors off a car. M’Buke nodded to his superior, a rare gesture of respect that few in the office were likely to receive.

“Tell M’Buke what you just told me Mandape” Reth said in a tone that brooked no objection

Mandape swallowed hard, he was in deep now “Th-the foreign ministry has chosen...Maximillian...Mopane...” he didn’t get a chance to finish the sentence

“Are you mentally unstable!!!?” M’Buke roared

“HE’S GOT AN UNCLE IN TRIER!!!” Mandape pleaded in terror

“HE HASN’T GOT A BRAIN MANDAPE!!!!” M’Buke yelled in reply

Reth pursed his lips and walked over to the coffee machine in the corner of his office, he poured himself a cup of tar-black filter coffee and took a long sip before turning to regard the quivering adjutant. Reth still looked enraged, but now it was less of a firestorm and more of a slow simmer.

“You know what I hate most about Highton?” Reth asked

Mandape shook his head fearfully

“The coffee Mandape, its pure swill!well that and the fact Craviter is cold as a Skandan sushi. And then there's the language...you do realize that Aleman sounds about as elegant as an elephant with flatulence!” Reth hissed before taking another swig from his mug

Mandape just nodded, too scared to interrupt the ambassador

“I put up with all these irritations daily because my empress expects me to advance our relations with Highton, surprisingly they like us and we quite like them....so what I'm puzzling Mandape is...WHY THE FOREIGN OFFICE DECIDED TO SEND US A BUMBLING IDJOTTT!!!” Reth growled before slamming the mug down on the ornate desk

Maximillian Mopane was possibly the worst choice for any role of substance that there had ever been. He was aristocratic, pompous and had a talent for causing outrage with his oblivious prattle. Mandape guessed he had been shipped to Highton as a means of keeping him out of trouble, that and the man did have Hightonian blood.

“I have been in this icicle of a continent for ten years Mandape! Ten years of bland food and Oompa music! I endure these delights because I am good at my job and have a strong working relationship with the Hightonians....do you know what Maximillian is good at?” Reth asked with a murderous glare

Mandape shook his head

“Maximillian is good at putting his foot in his mouth and destroying all semblance of professionalism! Do you know why he was sent here?” Reth asked in a poisonous tone

“b-because he called governor Tambesha’s wife a voodoo hag?” Mandape stammered in reply

“Indeed, Mandape indeed” Reth said as he lowered himself into his chair “and tomorrow he addresses the Gemeinschaft...So here's the deal...keep him on the script! He says NOTHING that might embarrass or jeopardize relations here...oh and Mandape?” Reth said his final question filling Mandape with pure terror

“Y-yes ambassador?” he quivered

“If you screw this up, M’Buke is going to use the memo you brought me as a suppository! Get it done!” Reth roared dismissing Mandape
**********************************************************************************
The Gemeinschaft Headquarters

The Following Day

Maximillian Mopane waddled towards the Podium, he was like a bloated slug in his green silk Agbada, he gripped the mic with a fat and jewel-encrusted hand and made an obnoxious coughing noise before speaking.

“My Brothers and Sisters! Astragon is honoured to serve as an observer to this esteemed delegation, our relations with the nation of Highton have always been and remain cordial and productive. While I cannot promise any direct action, I am certain Astragon would be happy to coordinate a response to the pirate threat with the members of this organization”

From the stands below the podium, Mandape watched with utter apprehension, one wrong sentence on Mopane’s part and Mandape would be experiencing pain far worse than the sea of paperwork he would have to fill out post-speech.

“on the subject of the Oclusian stock market, perhaps Highton should re-colonize the nation If it cannot manage its own central finances?” Mopane said in a tone that was painfully sincere

“I am a dead man,” Mandape thought as he pressed his face into his palm

Highton's representative in the room, Michael Östberg, had remained mostly silent since the beginning of the meeting. He listened as the President of the Konferenz introducted the topics, and he listened as the Oclusian delegation explained the direness of the situation. Both the delegations from Peuportîle and Lawston described their contrasting stances on the matter. Then... the representative from the organization's sole observer member began to speak.

"...Perhaps Highton should re-colonize the nation," said Mopane. Michael had been scribbling down notes of what he was about to say, but those words from the Astragonian took him aback. What had been said sounded sincere. There was a long pause. Michael looked around the room at the bewildered representatives. Before he spoke he tried to look at Justine for some help in responding. She looked back in a way that reminded him she was no longer representing Highton. He checked his notes again before after an awkwardly long silence he finally spoke.

"Thank you, Mr. Mopane," he said trying to sound as joking as possible. It wasn't a matter he had prepared to discuss. "As Mr. Osburg has mentioned, this organization cannot overstep its boundaries. This is not a military organization. We cannot force the nations represented in the room to take military, and that includes naval, action in Oclusia. That being said, Oclusia has turned to its brothers in the Gemeinschaft for support at this time. I agree in the sense that we need to look at supplying humanitarian aid for the Oclusian people who have suffered so much in the past year. Another goal that we should seek to accomplish is to ensure that Oclusia does not take another huge blow. Twice in the past year we have seen Oclusia at the center of the news for all the wrong reasons. This cannot happen again. I encourage those in this room to help Oclusia recover now and rebuild in a stable manner for which it will be impossible for another nation-altering event to occur. As for naval support in the Alemansee1, it is not something outside the realm of possibility, at least for Highton, though that discussion should take place outside the Konferenz." Michael checked again what he had to say. He thought again about Mopane's comment but chose to say nothing more on it. He looked again at Justine to signal that he had finished speaking.

"Thank you, Mr. Östberg," said the President. "I think we know the general positions in the room here, I'd advise that we draft some sort of resolution as an organization to take at least some form of unified action, preferably aid based. I open the floor once again."

1. Alemansee is the old colonial name given the sea between Gothis and Meterra off of the Oclusian coast.

The delegate of Oclusia slammed his desk. He nearly threw the placard across the room. "Hightonian forces cannot and will not come within steps of Oclusia if the intent is to re-colonize our nation! We came here, under your roof, to request help on how we can approach this. We want help on how to fight this crisis, not plunge our nation into another..." he took a deep breath. He took a sip of his water and grabbed his stress ball. He squeezed it tightly. The image of his girlfriend came into his head. "If at any point, you feel stressed, just pretend that the stress ball is my hand..." the voice played back. He took a breath and looked back, "I apologize sincerely for my outburst, everyone..." he said as he took a stare around the room.

He took a small note on his piece of paper before he began to speak once more. "So, back to my previous point. We are trying to solve this crisis in our country. For this reason, I have an idea that I feel would be worth a go," he explained, "I propose that we try to use UAVs to track the movements of the pirates and potential weaknesses shown. We would be happy to provide a base off the coast for this purpose. As soon as we have our weaknesses scoped, we strike," he said as he sat down, squeezing his stress ball once more.

Last edited:
Michael had to be quick before the discussion continued.

"At no point did any representative of the Crowned Republic of Highton advocate for the re-colonization of Oclusia. I just want to make that very clear." He paused. "Highton is willing to provide naval assistance in the Alemansee, but that is not the function of the meeting today. What specific actions should we take as an organization to assist the Oclusian people aside from combatting the pirates, and is there something that we can put into a unified resolution today?"

Last edited:
Outside the conference room

Mandape fumbled with the packet of Uncle Volkov’s* putting one of the slim filter cigarettes to his lips and lighting It with a shaky hand. He inhaled deeply and swore under his breath as he dialed the ambassador's number.

“What is it Mandape!?” Reth growled

“Errr....Max just suggested Highton re-colonize Oclusia” Mandape said gulping, he could feel the cold sweat coming back

A pause that seemed to go on for an eternity followed, Mandape could make out loud profanities in the background and the sound of smashing porcelain.

“Could you repeat that Mandape? I always seem to miss what you say due to the incandescent rage conversations with you seem to inspire” Reth said in a tone of mock civility

“He suggested Oclusia be re-colonized," Mandape said again his throat tightening in utter terror

“I do believe I told you to keep him on the script! M’Buke still has the memo by the way” Reth said reminding Mandape of the earlier threat

“I'm having it laminated!” M’Buke said in the background followed by a booming laugh

Mandape felt a pounding tension headache begin to emerge at the side of his skull, Mopane had managed to take a ceremonial role with a five-minute blurb and create a potential diplomatic incident. The stupidity was almost impressive.

“I briefed him thoroughly! Took him through the speech word by word! The man is out of control!” Mandape explained in an exasperated voice

“I DON’T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO SPANK THE MAN IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE ROOM!!! GET THAT FAT HYENA’S SPHINCTER UNDER CONTROL!” Reth yelled over the phone

“And the current Oclusian mess he’s just created?” Mandape asked hoping he didn’t sound too defiant

“Use the bloody Valland in the mountain excuse if you have to! Translation errors happen!” Reth replied irritably

“Will they believe that?” Mandape asked unsure it would work

“The man wears green silk as casual dress Mandape I'm pretty sure the Hightonians can figure out he’s not the full Kashai!” Reth snarled before hanging up

The phone line cut off as Reth ended the call, Mandape lit another cigarette and began to pray.
*************************************************************************************
Minutes later

Mandape took the Podium and straightened his tie nervously, he coughed to clear his throat of the dozen or so cigarettes he had lit outside and leaned into the mic with a tentative tap from his finger.
“Honorable representatives of Das Gemeinschaft, it pains me to report that due to an unfortunate translation error you were given incorrectly worded statements regarding our position on Oclusia. As you know Aleman and Hailesha are very different and sometimes words get misunderstood in translation. I would like to clarify that we do not in fact support any form of neo-colonial activity, what our representative intended to say was that a shared economic fund to help rebuild Oclusia would be an ideal starting point for countering piracy and economic instability” Mandape said trying to sound calm as he read the hastily worded statement

He bowed respectfully and returned to the Astragonese corner of the table. Mopane gave him a puzzled look as he sat down.

“But Mandape, I did mean that Highton should re-colonize Oclusia!” he said in a confused and vaguely outraged tone

“And unless you want to experience the signature Reth Na Tuwili maiming I suggest you pretend you did not!” Mandape snapped

Mopane was taken aback by Mandape’s sudden growth of a spine and sat in wounded silence as it became clear he was no longer the dominant member of the Astragonese delegation. Mandape slumped in his chair and hoped the meeting would be over soon.

*Uncle Volkov's is a Fussian brand of cigarette noted for its spicy flavour

Last edited:

drC4Q1s.png

बतसन पम्बन्स
Batasan Pambansa

Bahay-ng-Batas, Ganatrastadt

XXVI Batasan
III Regelmäßige Sitzung

FACT-FINDING MISSION
OF THE COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN AFFAIRS
TO OCLUSIA ON THE CHALLENGES OF
A POSSIBLE INTERVENTION IN OCLUSIA

Zusammengestellt im öffentliches Informationsbüro
der Batasanhausbibliothek

"Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei Herr Mopane bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher." Kai muttered to himself.

Recollection. Oh where does he want to begin?

The Oclusi looks mad and unwell, the Astragonese might get along with the Oclusi, and the only other person Kai believes would most likely be a productive conversation, surprisingly, is the Peuportîlien representative. The Hightonisch representatives would be too busy dealing with the Oclusi and Astragonese in the course of this meeting, Kai wouldn't expect them to do anything excessive. At least at this point. Perhaps things would change and blow over-

"And unless you want to experience the signature Reth-Na-Tuwili maiming, I suggest you pretend you did not!”

Nevermind. Personally, he wants to leave the room. Sadly, this is his job. Who knows being a beamter in the Foreign Service led him to this...

"Well..." Kai whispered, "Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei."

"Of course, we acknowledge the emotions of Herr Representative." Kai first said, emphasizing to ensure his empathy.

"The Oclusi representative is justified to be frustrated over the events currently taking place in his country. After it has just begun its recovery from a terrible crisis, which resulted in the unfortunate loss of life and trauma for innocent millions, no proud citizen wouldn't fall on his knees and beg for help in this situation."

Kai glanced at the Oclusi representative. "I know I will. Desperately... Anything for my people. For my family, for my children. That is why we are gathered here."

"We should also...try to recognize the adventurous courage of Herr Mopane and his countrymen. Astragon, as usual, is ready to consider all initiatives to solve any crisis. The Lawstoner Republic wishes to emulate this admirable aspect of their national character and hopes others would share the same sentiments."

"Now, our foremost concern in drafting the unified resolution should be the humanitarian situation in Oclusia. We also have to be realistic and consider the security situation as well. We must take it upon our respective governments, and it shall be the sovereign decision of our respective countries, to consider military action."

Kai took and opened another document in his possession. An old report from the Batasan Committee on Foreign Affairs. It concerns the unfortunate incidents that took place in Oclusia last year and it contains the information Kai needed to make his own initial conclusions.

"We must condemn these...terrorists for the serious threat they pose, not only to Oclusia, but to the region, the continent, and the world. We must condemn the ongoing attacks, killings and abuses of human rights being perpetrated in Oclusia. We acknowledge military action is necessary but it will not defeat the terrorists."

"There shall be a wider effort ranging from measures political and diplomatic, counter-terrorism, and humanitarian. We have to find a way to restrict terrorist access to funds, weapons, and supplies. I call again on the Oclusi representative to thoroughly and clearly explain the situation in Oclusia before we can proceed-"

Kai flipped several pages. "Before we can proceed to consider the use of military assets belonging to sovereign nations, is it correct for me to understand that Oclusia has UAVs? Herr Representative? If so, along with his thorough and clear explanation, give us the status of the Oclusi armed forces, including police and other security forces."

"Then there is the humanitarian response. Millions of Oclusi will surely face a serious predicament in their current situation if we don't take measures to ensure their basic welfare. We must mobilize a response to provide rapid and sustained relief assistance and call on the international community to join us."

"Wir müssen auch erkennen. We must also recognize social and security challenges Oclusia's neighboring countries will face in this crisis." Kai paused to drink from his glass of water.

"The developments in Oclusia may, und wenn ja, will pose a serious threat to Yalkan and Saintonge. Currently, the Saintonians are hosting Oclusi refugees and many more still follow. We must find ways to provide assistance to refugees and host communities in close coordination with the Saintonian government. Wir müssen."

OOC:
"Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei den Herr Mopane bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher."
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, but I’m not quite sure about Herr Mopane yet.

"Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei."
Everything has an end, only the sausage has two.

Last edited:
The Oclusi delegate rose to his feet. His stress ball was in his hands. He placed his hand on his chest and extended his hand to the nations in the room. "I would like to sincerely apologize for my outburst. This whole situation has kept me awake at night. I haven't been able to sleep recently because of all of the updates given. My heart has been sinking day-after-day. I have been stressed, and hearing Mr. Mopane..." he gave the Astragonese delegation a dirty look, "...Say that we should be re-colonized, I lost it." He took a breath before starting up once more. "Regarding Lawston's concerns, Oclusia does have access to UAVs. The current situation, in detail, is that we have recently had a surge of pirate activity off our coast. Towns were looted, some were burned to the ground, and people were forced to leave their homes if they weren't killed. Our government has been hit. We forced a government shut down for that reason, and now our market has crashed... We need help. Please. Anything..." he said to himself as he withdrew himself from the room.

He stood out of the room and paced the lobby. He took a small deep breath before sending a message to him significant other before heading back in. He just needed a moment to pull himself together.

"Thank you, Mr Oclusi Delegate," Michael said to the Oclusian from Oclusia. "What we came here to do is to reach a consensus. It is important that the Gemeinschaft take a unified stance on this issue. That is why Highton and Lawston are sponsoring a paper which should this konferenz pass it, will become a resolution defining a united action. Here it is," he said, as Justine's secretary scrambled to project it onto the screen in the conference room. Then, as it was displayed, Michael pointed at it and said "there you go!" Justine read the paper aloud for all the delegates in the room to hear.

"If there are any amendments anyone would like to propose," she began, "please speak now before we move into voting procedure."

Here is the paper

Last edited:
The Oclusi delegate stood up. His hands started shaking with nervousness in him. "U-upon rev-review of the resolution, the delegation of the Byeloszlavic State of the Osclusi Democratic Republic of a Greater Northwestern Meterra votes for the current resolution and thanks the members of the Gemeinschaft for their swift action and willingness to aid our nation in such a time of uncertainty." He sat down. He trembled with nerves as he started to calm down. He squeezed his stress ball once more and straightened up his papers. He began to draft a letter that he would deliver to the National Congress.

Last edited:
"If there are no further issues, we shall now move into voting procedure. Last your votes here," Justine proclaimed to the room as she passed out the paper voting sheets.

Code:
Nation:
Adopt Gemeinschaft Resolution 2020.1?: < Aye | Nay | Abstain >

Last edited:
"Ja... I agree. We should do it." Kai softly spoke as he talked with his aides on the phone. "Funny he said he described the situation in detail... That's why- Ja, I will do it."

Kai took his pen and wrote down his decision on the voting paper.

Nation: Lawston
Adopt Gemeinschaft Resolution 2020.1?: < Nay >

The Lawstoner representative stood up and glanced at the other representatives before finally settling his eyes at the Hightonisch.

"Forgive us, Frau President and Herr...Östberg." He slightly smirked at the very familiar name. "Aber nein. On behalf of the Lawstoner Republic, I cannot simply accept the glaring inadequacies of the Oclusi representation in this room, in Das Gemeinschaft, on this very serious situation."

Kai wanted to look at the Oclusi representative but thought best that it would be useless. "If representatives are to be tolerated to answer questions with meager restitution, this insult to injury is too much. We cannot be expected to solve problems with half the equation, especially when lives are at risk."

"When there are people who are willing to sacrifice their lives so that others may live, we should do our best to inform them with as much information as we could. Nicht uninformiert hinweg!" Kai knocked on the table.

"I don't know the reasons why the Oclusi representative has ignored most of my questions, but if there are secrets that would prove definitely and utterly significant, consequently causing meaningless harm and demise to millions of innocent people, both Oclusi and foreign, then I will not entertain him any further. Damen und Herren."

Kai sighed. "With all due respect to the Oclusi representative. You have every right to express yourself in this difficult situation your country is experiencing, but this is the first time I've seen such...humility in a crisis that one was able to convince himself a patriot to be proud of it. Whether for himself or duty, ich verstehe nicht."

Kai covered his mouth to snort. He bowed his head at every representative in the room and walked to the door.

But before he turned the knob, he turned around to face everybody again. "Pagpalain nawa sana kayo ng inyong mga matulis na pagiisip para makita niyo ang tama sa mali. Paalam. Alvida. Schönen Tag."

He bowed one last time at them and finally left.

Well, one vote less wouldn't stop it from passing. It's going to be fine.

OOC:
"Pagpalain nawa sana kayo ng inyong matulis na pagiisip para makita niyo ang tama sa mali. Alvida. Paalam. Schönen Tag."
May your sharp minds bless you with the ability to see the right from wrong. Goodbye. Goodbye. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Justine counted up the votes.

"Very nice," she said, placing the papers back on the table. "Gemeinschaft Resolution 2020.1 is adopted by a vote of 4-1."

As the meeting wrapped up, she put in the concluding words: "Thank you, I think this meeting has been a success in laying the groundwork for putting out the recent troubles in Oclusia. Unless another emergency meeting is necessary, the next meeting of the Gemeinschaftskonferenz will be in Ganatrastadt, Lawston, from the 22nd of June to the 26th of June. We will see you then."

Last edited:
Monday
Ganatrastadt, Lawston

"Kommt eine Bedienung zum Tisch?" Kai joked at one of the small retinue of butlers here in the Presidential Palace.

Only a few of them laughed, and only one or two seemed to care. Kai never said he was a comedian.

They are preparing the Thronsaal for tomorrow where Gemeinschaft representatives will meet. It is usually reserved for state dinners and presidential inaugurations, but for now the occupied velvet chair on the red dais will look down on a couple of tables arranged in a circle, facing each other.

"Magandang sore sayo, Ginoong Osburg!" An unmistakable voice said, and it sent Kai up on his feet and his bottom off the throne.

"H-Herr Präsident!" Kai greeted, bowing his head in respect (actually, in shame). A bad habit among Lawstoners who aim to be polite (or just Kai?). "I-I was just resting for a bit after...looking around the palace for...bathrooms."

President Galang just chuckled as he joined Kai up the dais to look over the grand stateroom that was built to suit the sensibilities of their former Aleman overlords. That was a long time ago...and the time Kai was here has been too long he didn't realize he missed lunch. When he stomach grumbled, the President smiled so wide his eyes were closed.

"Would you like to join me and my wife for lunch?"

Of course, Kai knew his answer before his stomach could make another noisy plea.

"Of course!"

As the President went the dais and led the way, he glanced back up at Kai still left on top of the dais. "Also, we're walking to Balay Kalatogan. I didn't use the golf cart. Es tut mir leid!"

Kai already felt a sweat roll down his forehead in this air-conditioned room. Then there's the tropical sun shining bright onto the vast gardens that divide the palace and the converted gardener's house that is now the presidential residence.

"Keine Sorge! We'll get umbrellas."

OOC:
"Kommt eine Bedienung zum Tisch?"
Is there table service?

Thronsaal
Throne Room

"God veld!"
Good evening!

"Magandang sore sayo, Ginoong Osburg!"
Good afternoon to you, Mister Osburg!

"Es tut mir leid!"
I'm sorry!

"Keine Sorge!"
Don't worry!

Last edited:
Once the representatives of all the Gemeinschaft nations finally say down for the conference, Justine took her seat at the front.

"As Gemeinschaftskonferenzpräsidentin it is my responsibility to open the conference and get initial duties out of the way. Before we begin, I'd like to thank Lawston for being wonderful hosts so far. I look forward to discussing matters with all of you. Now we need to move into the vote for president of the conference. Just as a refresher, here is the excerpt from the charter concerning the president and the procedure."
Screen_Shot_2020-08-24_at_12.36.30.png

"If anyone wishes to nominate any other representative present for the role of Gemeinschaftskonferenzpräsident, or declare themselves, please do so now. I will put my name forwards to remain as president."

Back