Hello!

Nordvand

Registered
Hi everyone!

My name is Matt, and my main nation in NationStates is the Constitutional Monarchy of Cascadiya, which is loosely based on the loosely-organized independence movement in the US states of Washington, Oregon, Northern California, and the Canadian province of British Columbia. In RL I live in the United States.

I'm closest to a social democrat in real life, and Cascadiya styles itself as a progressive nation that has adopted many social democratic policies, with one major and obvious caveat in that we are a constitutional monarchy with a monarch who has broader executive powers than, for comparison's sake, Queen Elizabeth. That being said, candidates for the monarch of Cascadiya are reviewed by the Supreme Court and winnowed down to 4 (if there are more), are approved by Cascadiya's unicameral Parliament, and confirmed by a majority of voters through an election using instant runoff voting. The monarch also has a term limit of 10 or 20 years...not sure yet.

This system is inherent with all sorts of problems, but I've built this little world up in my brain (probably because of my own delusional desires for grandeur) over years and I'm excited to put it all out on screen and interact with others. It's probably obvious by now I love to roleplay! So I'm looking forward to contributing to those forums!

Back