-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
Fx9Gz8s.jpg

(I promise the rest of my campaign will be more original than using a picture of a Trump family member)
Hi, I’m Gorundu. You’ll (hopefully) know me as the current Minister of World Assembly Affairs. I’ve been in TNP for just less than a year, which is not a long time, I guess :P . (I’ve been in NS for a bit longer, in a small UCR for the first part of my time.) During my time in TNP I’ve served as Speaker and of course, MoWAA (McM tells me it’s pronounced Mwah).

As MoWAA I have led the ministry through extremely busy times in the WA, producing Information For Voters dispatches and maximizing our influence in votes. Although I can’t take credit for everything the Ministry has done, I am proud of the level of participation and activity. As Speaker, I had been reliable in citizenship checks and votes, ensuring smooth running of the Regional Assembly.

So, why am I running for Delegate? I believe the last two terms led by Delegate McMasterdonia have been excellent, and it would be hard for anyone to fill their shoes. But I believe I have been reliable and dedicated in government, and I am willing to give my best to help take the region further. I’ve been an Executive Staff member in most ministries, so I believe I have the knowledge to present viable ideas. I believe I can be engaging at home and diplomatic abroad.

I'm not the kind of person to make big and broad promises, but I will try, to the best of my ability, to be a representative for all TNPers. I believe in TNP as a community, not divided into groups as roleplayers, gamplayers or RMBers, but as a community with a common purpose to become the best we can be, and each person with different path towards it. I will try to be open, transparent and informative to all TNPers in what the government does and what the government hopes TNPers to do. I will try to listen to all reasonable voices and use them to think about the direction of the government. I cannot promise to be the one to complete the humongous task of declassifying all the records that need careful redaction for personal information, but I will make the best start I can. But ultimately, I believe in presenting solid, realistic and insightful plans that can take the region above and beyond.

With that in mind, let’s move on to what I plan to do if elected. Firstly, some broader ideas:

General Executive Staff matters

During my time in the Executive, I have noticed that some ministries are suffering from staffing shortages, and that’s a primary cause of inactivity. In particular, the shortage in Comms has prevented it from efficiently releasing publications, and HA has also suffered a lull, although it has improved recently. In these cases, often extra pressure is put on the Ministers, and this is not sustainable. If elected, I will place a focus on recruiting for the Executive Staff, and create specific advertisements for each ministry, especially those in need of more staff. This will of course be done through Home Affairs and Gameside Advocates (more on that in those sections). I also hope to run an event showcasing the Executive Staff and Executive Council with the Culture ministry to boost engagement (more on that in Culture).

Gameplay Forums

I want to talk briefly about our relationship with GP separately. Under Delegate McMasterdonia, we have utilised our GP embassy more frequently, and I believe that’s the right direction. If elected, I will publish more content on our GP embassy, including TNS, TNL and even some important Press Releases, which of course will be continuing through the Press Secretary. This will boost our engagement with the GP community, which will be useful in extending our influence.

Gameside matters

Firstly, the Gameside Advocates have been tremendously helpful to the region. If elected, I will continue having the Gameside Advocates advertise various regional events and initiatives, including Executive Staff recruiting which I’ve already mentioned.

I also intend to be more active on the Regional Message Board to engage more with the vibrant community there, because they too are a valuable part of the community that are often overlooked. I hope to run regular polls too, whether they are funny, serious, or promote a certain regional activity.

Now, onto the specific Ministries
I’m putting this first because of my natural bias as Minister :P

Obviously, I intend for the ministry to continue with the work it has done in producing IFVs. I will encourage the ministry to be proactive in checking for submitted proposals so that they can be put to our WA residents to vote as soon as possible, and internal discussions within the ministry can start as soon as possible. In addition, I would direct the ministry to engage more directly with new authors, both within TNP and externally. Our ministry is perhaps the most influential in all of NS, and I want to direct this to encouraging new, competent authors (of course, this will have the side effect of new authors being grateful to us), so that our influence can extend externally.

A project that was started under McM was the Heroes of the North, which I fully intend to continue. I understand there are already plans by individuals to draft proposals for certain nominees on the list, and I look forward to the ministry extending their hand to perfect these drafts. I also intend to push the list along and start research on more nominees, and look to target specific people with knowledge on these nominees to speak up and contribute. I also hope to reach out to a wider section of the TNP community for research on these nominees, as many of them are personalities TNPers know and love.

Within WALL, in the last terms we have initiated more activities and discussions, and I hope to continue that if elected. Encouraging our allies to speak up more in WA discussions can only be achieved when we speak up more too. In the last term, we had a goal to increase transparency in WALL with various ideas. Unfortunately, due to the complex nature of WALL, they weren’t able to be realised. However, I will continue to look for small ways to improve transparency of WALL. I believe WALL’s Gameplay forum thread is a tool that can be utilised further to achieve this.

There has also been interest in the WA Ministry for another WA Symposium, which I fully agree with. I believe a lot of new topics and issues have appeared in the World Assembly, such as humorous or symbolic proposals in the SC, or growing anti-GA sentiments, and this will be an opportunity to bring everyone together to discuss those.
Foreign Affairs is a curious department, because most of the work can’t be measured or even be easily seen. The role of the ambassador is to promote the region to others abroad, but leaving a good impression is a delicate task. With that in mind, these are my ideas for improving FA as a ministry:

Firstly, because there are always gaps in ambassador numbers, I believe we should slim down the Ambassador Corps by assessing whether each embassy region is active enough to warrant an ambassador. Being assigned to an inactive embassy could seriously dampen someone’s interest in serving in FA and for the region. This way, we can ensure each ambassador is assigned to an active region so they have something to do, and remove the need of ambassadors having to take on more regions, which would make them less effective in each region. I also intend to assess our current embassies and check if there are any inactive ones that we should close. This refresh of ambassadors should also help with continuing the World Factbook project, as we add more regions and knowledge to the list through ambassadors more focussed on their jobs.

In terms of broader FA policy, like McMasterdonia I believe we should continue outreach to large UCRs and use regional development assistance as part of that. Especially with the growth of many UCRs due to recent events, this could be more valuable than ever. Of course, TNP will still continue to maintain its current alliances and support our allies in their own endeavours when necessary.
Home Affairs will of course continue with recruiting new players through list telegrams and the mentorship program. As the current number of mentors is small, we should continually seek out new ones, even by personally offering them the opportunity, so we can reach out to as many new players as possible. HA will also, as I said before, be part of the effort to recruit new Executive Staff members by producing advertisements for each ministry.

Something I have thought about in HA is Project Provide, a project to produce tutorial and introduction videos on Executive Staff ministries, started when Robespierre was Minister, but never finished. I know that there were some preparatory work done on the forums, and I will asses the viability of finishing it with the staff if I'm elected. This could be a great asset for the previously mentioned project to recruit more Executive Staff, and it would be wonderful to see it come to fruition.
In Defence, we will continue to pursue our independent path. As part of that, I believe the NPA should seek a better balance between raiding and defending activities. Many of our soldiers, for example, aren’t familiar with the technique of chasing (where you follow raiders into a region to prevent their raid from succeeding), and that is an area we can work on.

As always, I will encourage cooperation with other militaries, which of course helps improve our foreign image and help our soldiers become familiar with the wider picture and other parts of the community. Working with other militaries is a valuable FA opportunity that should not be understated.

Regarding WA blockade runs, I am glad more visibility has been brought to this type of operation as an option on the table, but I intend to be careful with its use, so as to not alienate new authors, as I've mentioned in my WA Affairs section.
I will admit that this is my least familiar out of all government departments, though I do have several ideas. Firstly, I intend to make the Games Discord server used more often by advertising it on the WFE and RMB. We should also seek interested people to host games and small events on the server to keep it active. Of course, it would also be open to large events like the Epic Gamer Party with TRR.

As I have stated before, an Executive Council event, running much like the Security Council event that has just occurred, would be a project for Culture. An AMA with different Ministers describing their experience, dispatches encouraging people to join a ministry, etc.

Another project is to improve our current information on RP communities, The current dispatches are outdated for some time, and don’t include many of our newly established RP worlds. The primary project would be to provide basic information on all these worlds in a dispatch to demonstrate the variety of RP we have to offer, and if that can be done, then an extension would be to create more detailed dispatches on each world.
There’s no doubt Communications has been suffering for much of the last term, primarily due to the staffing shortage I have already explained previously. Hopefully, this will be alleviated with more Executive Staff recruiting. If not, The North Star can be kept publishing as there are relevant government departments tied to specific articles which can be reached out to. The Northern Light can continue to seek out foreign authors, however, it is my hope that we will be able to develop a group of in-house authors who are capable of writing on various subjects, and I intend for the ideas list for TNL to be updated so that it can be picked from whenever an issue should be written.

I intend for the Roleplay Reel to continue to be published in collaboration with the Culture ministry and the RP community.
Radio has progressed impressively in the last term and has truly shown itself to be worthy of its own ministry. The staff number is currently small, but that is to be expected due to the somewhat higher barrier of entry than other ministries. I’m not particularly familiar with Radio, so besides the great work that has already been done, I hope to work towards more regularly scheduled NBS news shows if possible. Radio could also work with the previously mentioned Executive Council event to showcase our Ministers through interviews.
And that's my platform! Feel free to ask me any questions below, and I will be sure to answer them. With that in mind, here are some preemptive FAQs I have prepared:

If you are offered a more attractive position that requires you to resign, will you leave us in the hands of an incompetent deputy?
For various reasons, this will not apply in the context of the Delegacy, so no :P
(But speaking seriously, it was a lapse of judgment on my part, and I do apologise for that. I should have chosen a capable replacement beforehand.)

I hope you will support me in the election, and if you do, you can help by upvoting this dispatch and getting more people to see it, or by leaving a message of support in your signature (I don't have a logo sorry. Use my flag if you want, it's a nice flag.)

Last edited:
Could you provide more detail on how you intend to revamp the Ministry of Communications? Given that many previous administrations have struggled with bringing newcomers into the Executive Staff, what makes you think your administration will be more successful?

Would you recommend making any changes to TNS, TNL, or RPR, and if so, why?

Will you please tell us what are your plans for the TNP member nations? As far as I remember you are always the one who are correcting us. Are you willing to assist other members of the region especially the new ones?

With regards to HA how do you intend to get and keep staff interested?

What ice cream flavor would you be if you where one?

Do you believe that more can be done cards then currently is?

Could you provide more detail on how you intend to revamp the Ministry of Communications? Given that many previous administrations have struggled with bringing newcomers into the Executive Staff, what makes you think your administration will be more successful?

Would you recommend making any changes to TNS, TNL, or RPR, and if so, why?
I believe I've outlined a rather extensive plan to boost participation in the Executive Staff, which involves specific recruitment for Comms. I don't believe there has historically been much recruitment for Executive Staff other than the available resources and telegrams.

For Comms, it's tough to come up with an exact plan because it depends on so many factors such as staff activity, but some specific things I would do is to direct the Minister and deputies to consistently follow up with staff who has claimed an article to see how they are going. I would also, as I indicated in the platform, revamp the TNL ideas list so we can get to writing quickly and new authors can take interest in these ideas rather than having to come up with ideas themselves. I'm open to relative newcomers writing for TNL if they are interested, and perhaps direct an editor from the Senior Editing Team to assist them if needed. Of course we will also look for foreign authors, but it's hard to say anything specific about that. It'll be part of the ideas brainstorming for TNL. I believe there are currently some requests outstanding for foreign authors, so I will attempt to follow up first thing.

I don't have any plans to change TNS or RPR, but for TNL I think we don't necessarily have to have one topic for one issue if we can't get that many articles on one topic.
Will you please tell us what are your plans for the TNP member nations? As far as I remember you are always the one who are correcting us. Are you willing to assist other members of the region especially the new ones?
I believe part of assisting new members is gently correcting them when needed. As for the first part of your question, I'm not sure what it means because a Delegate platform is a platform for all of TNP.
With regards to HA how do you intend to get and keep staff interested?

What ice cream flavor would you be if you where one?

Do you believe that more can be done cards then currently is?
I intend to keep staff interested by having a good Minister :) Admittedly it's hard for HA, but I think pushing more staff to be mentors would be a good way so they can have some sense of achievement for having mentored someone.

I would be vanilla chocolate Uh...let's go with Cookies and Cream. Don't ask me why.

I think cards is done too well as it currently is. I don't have any new ideas. Sorry.

Nice and comprehensive campaign Gorundu.

A question specific to you - like me, you are in a timezone that could make it difficult to vote on some WA resolutions, to observe key NPA operations and the like. How do you think you'll manage this? I definitely do not think it is a disqualifying factor. Obviously we cannot help how we live, but I am curious to know what strategies you would employ.

I am going to ask some general questions of all candidates.

1) What is an example of a character strength of yours that you believe will make a difference to you as Delegate?

2) What is your greatest flaw? How would you manage this as Delegate?

3) Are there any current alliances/pacts held by The North Pacific that you believe are no longer relevant and should be repealed?

4) Do you intend to regularly post on the regional message board if you are elected?

5) If you could secure an alliance with another region that we are not currently allied to, who would you choose and why?

Good luck!

Who is our closest ally and why?

Which of our previous delegates would you say you emulate most?

Last edited:
Nice and comprehensive campaign Gorundu.

A question specific to you - like me, you are in a timezone that could make it difficult to vote on some WA resolutions, to observe key NPA operations and the like. How do you think you'll manage this? I definitely do not think it is a disqualifying factor. Obviously we cannot help how we live, but I am curious to know what strategies you would employ.

I am going to ask some general questions of all candidates.

1) What is an example of a character strength of yours that you believe will make a difference to you as Delegate?

2) What is your greatest flaw? How would you manage this as Delegate?

3) Are there any current alliances/pacts held by The North Pacific that you believe are no longer relevant and should be repealed?

4) Do you intend to regularly post on the regional message board if you are elected?

5) If you could secure an alliance with another region that we are not currently allied to, who would you choose and why?
Fortunately, most major NPA operations take place during weekend majors, which should be fine for me to attend to. As for WA votes, that's trickier. When routines get back to normal I would definitely be asleep by minor, and alarms don't work all that well on me. Major is better, but it seems most WA votes start during minor these days.

As for the other questions:
1) I'd like to think I'm a reliable worker for the most part, and that'll be important to push things along. Sometimes as Delegate, you just have to step in and get something done.

2) My greatest flaw would be my relative newness to the region. There are obvious still historical events and relationships I don't fully understand, but I hope having an experienced Executive Council and being open to advice will help mitigate this.

3) Equilism and Taijitu are both currently inactive and doesn't seem to be getting active anytime soon, so our treaty with them can be reconsidered.

4) I do intend to do so. Whether it's answering questions, make a few humorous posts, just chatting or posting advertisements for a government initiative, the most important thing is that people know I'm there.

5) I can't think of much more allies than we already have, but I think Lazarus would be an interest region to consider pursuing further relations with, given their recent shift towards democracy and the progress they've made in becoming more active and becoming a greater force in the last few months.
Good luck!

Who is our closest ally and why?

Which of our previous delegates would you say you emulate most?
1) I really don't want to name any, I think all our allies have been close in some way. For example, Europe and IDU are close on WA matters. Other regions might cooperate more in military matters or in cultural affairs. If I have to pick one, it would be TRR, because of how many common citizens we share. I say that with bias because I'm one of those common citizens.

2) Jamie I think it would be McM, because he's been a fantastic Delegate, and also Delegate for most of the time I've been in TNP.
What can you do more for TNP? What do you think are the lapses of this leadership which needs to be addressed?
I believe those are addressed in my campaign platform.

Thanks for your response, Gorundu.

I'm gonna ask for further info on your ally question if that's alright? So Europe and IDU you say are close to us on WA issues, and I agree on that from what I've seen. You mentioned militarily, are there any regions you'd like for the NPA to work with more? Not necessarily an alliance, but in terms of mutual benefit. How do you envision the NPA's military vision complimenting the foreign policy?

Fortunately, most major NPA operations take place during weekend majors, which should be fine for me to attend to. As for WA votes, that's trickier. When routines get back to normal I would definitely be asleep by minor, and alarms don't work all that well on me. Major is better, but it seems most WA votes start during minor these days.

1) I'd like to think I'm a reliable worker for the most part, and that'll be important to push things along. Sometimes as Delegate, you just have to step in and get something done.

2) My greatest flaw would be my relative newness to the region. There are obvious still historical events and relationships I don't fully understand, but I hope having an experienced Executive Council and being open to advice will help mitigate this.

3) Equilism and Taijitu are both currently inactive and doesn't seem to be getting active anytime soon, so our treaty with them can be reconsidered.

4) I do intend to do so. Whether it's answering questions, make a few humorous posts, just chatting or posting advertisements for a government initiative, the most important thing is that people know I'm there.

5) I can't think of much more allies than we already have, but I think Lazarus would be an interest region to consider pursuing further relations with, given their recent shift towards democracy and the progress they've made in becoming more active and becoming a greater force in the last few months.

1) I really don't want to name any, I think all our allies have been close in some way. For example, Europe and IDU are close on WA matters. Other regions might cooperate more in military matters or in cultural affairs. If I have to pick one, it would be TRR, because of how many common citizens we share. I say that with bias because I'm one of those common citizens.

2) Jamie I think it would be McM, because he's been a fantastic Delegate, and also Delegate for most of the time I've been in TNP.

I believe those are addressed in my campaign platform.
Including the lapses of this present leadership? I am not satisfied with you answers @Gorundo.

Thanks for your response, Gorundu.

I'm gonna ask for further info on your ally question if that's alright? So Europe and IDU you say are close to us on WA issues, and I agree on that from what I've seen. You mentioned militarily, are there any regions you'd like for the NPA to work with more? Not necessarily an alliance, but in terms of mutual benefit. How do you envision the NPA's military vision complimenting the foreign policy?
Since the NPA is an independent military, we can do whatever we like as long as it complies with the laws (primarily to do with not harming natives). I would like to see NPA work more with SPSF and RRA, since they are both tied to our allies, and would also be helpful in my goal to train our soldiers in more defending activities. I can also see us working more with the EPSA, which has gotten more active recently and share similar ideologies.
Including the lapses of this present leadership? I am not satisfied with you answers @Gorundo.
Yes. I mentioned for example, the lapses in the Ministry of Communications, and our hurdles within WALL for WA Affairs.
What will make you the best delegate of TNP? Please do not answer me about your platform
I cannot claim that I will be the best Delegate of TNP, but I believe I have put out the best platform I can and because of that, will be a good Delegate if elected.

Last edited:
Since the NPA is an independent military, we can do whatever we like as long as it complies with the laws (primarily to do with not harming natives). I would like to see NPA work more with SPSF and RRA, since they are both tied to our allies, and would also be helpful in my goal to train our soldiers in more defending activities. I can also see us working more with the EPSA, which has gotten more active recently and share similar ideologies.

Yes. I mentioned for example, the lapses in the Ministry of Communications, and our hurdles within WALL for WA Affairs.

I cannot claim that I will be the best Delegate of TNP, but I believe I have put out the best platform I can and because of that, will be a good Delegate if elected.
What shall you do to address these problems?What is your concrete plan?

What shall you do to address these problems?What is your concrete plan?
Assuming you are referring to my answer about Comms and WA Affairs, I addressed those in my platform for those ministries.

Are you not going to run to any position in the government right after your term.as delagate?if you will.be elected?

You must project yourself to be the best so you may convince the citizens to.vote you do not just focus on your platforms

Are you not going to run to any position in the government right after your term.as delagate?if you will.be elected?
I don't know. If elected, I would see how I do in my term before thinking about re-election, and after that, well it'll be a long time away.
You must project yourself to be the best so you may convince the citizens to.vote you do not just focus on your platforms
That's a statement not a question so...
I hope that I have projected myself as the best candidate for the job, to convince citizens to vote for me. I think having a solid platform is a very important part of that. I also talked about my experience in the region.

Last edited:
For a while, Foreign Affairs has really struggled in terms of applications and has a high turnover, often because activity within the ministry varies throughout the term. What would you look to do to combat this and ensure that the Foreign Affairs Ministry has an active ambassador corps?

What is the single greatest challenge facing the North Pacific and how would your administration, if elected, act to solve it?

For a while, Foreign Affairs has really struggled in terms of applications and has a high turnover, often because activity within the ministry varies throughout the term. What would you look to do to combat this and ensure that the Foreign Affairs Ministry has an active ambassador corps?
In my platform, I raised that we should slim down the ambassador corps and cull positions to inactive embassies. Firstly, this will reduce the number of ambassadors required. Secondly, this will ensure the regions the ambassadors are assigned to are active, which creates a greater likelihood that the ambassador themselves would be active. I would also set up a system where Deputy Ministers are assigned to look over a group of ambassadors and encourage them to post reports. I believe ambassador reports is still a good resource for FA to get better sense of the regions we are embassies with, despite the lack of posting in recent times.

As I've also mentioned in my platform, I intend to run a more intensive recruitment program for the Executive Staff, and that would include FA as well.
What is the single greatest challenge facing the North Pacific and how would your administration, if elected, act to solve it?
I don't believe there is a great challenge facing TNP right now, but a potential one that could catch us at any time is inactivity in government. To prevent that, it would be firstly having things to do, which I believe my platform fulfills, and secondly ensuring there are enough people to do these things, which I believe my platform fulfills through its Executive Staff recruitment program.

Do you support Mall's plan to make everything worse?

Do you have specific individuals in mind for your Cabinet and Advisors?

What would you do to counter the threat of a resurgent NPO/TSP alliance?
The scourge of Defender-Francoism must be fought against at all costs.
I don't think a Non-Aggression Pact quite qualifies as an alliance.
Do you support Mall's plan to make everything worse?
YES....I mean...no. Make everything better. :)
Do you have specific individuals in mind for your Cabinet and Advisors?
I do. Keep in mind however I have not contacted any of the people listed below regarding a position, as I believe that would be premature.

WA Affairs - In terms of new contenders, Cosmo and Bormiar, though the latter might be challenging because of their current roles in TRR. They have both been extremely active staffers during my Ministership. Experienced past ministers like Pallaith are also under consideration.

Foreign Affairs - I'd like to keep Tlomz in this role. He has been making the contacts the past term, and I see no reason he shouldn't continue.

Home Affairs - Nimarya is my top pick. She's been a driving force behind the recent revitalization of HA as Deputy Minister.

Defence - I would be fine with Trondstorm continuing. Rom is also in consideration. They have both been dedicates in their roles as Minister and Deputy Minister respectively.

Culture - I would like Prydania to stay on. They are experienced and dedicated to the ministry.

Communications - Ideally I would like McMasterdonia for this role. They have often taken a hands on approach to Comms due to the high turnover with the Ministers. Past ministers like Pallaith and Fiji are also great picks should McM decline.

Radio - Dreadton has been fantastic and should definitely continue.

The scourge of Defender-Francoism must be fought against at all costs.
I don't think a Non-Aggression Pact quite qualifies as an alliance.
Your answer that has the strike through is way better.

How involved with the Executive Council would you like the Vice Delegate to be? Would you expect to be allowed access to the Security Council Chambers if elected as Delegate?

Good luck with your campaign!

A couple of questions about Home Affairs:
1. Do you have any plans to update the TNP Handbook?
2. What are your plans for recruitment and mentoring in Home Affairs?
3. Will you be continuing surveys as part of Home Affairs?
4. For Project Provide, wouldn't this fall under Radio? Would you consider a collaboration between Radio and Home Affairs if needed?

How involved with the Executive Council would you like the Vice Delegate to be? Would you expect to be allowed access to the Security Council Chambers if elected as Delegate?
The Vice Delegate would, like in the past, be part of Executive Council discussions, but I would not expect them to do anything beyond that, given their primary responsibility is not within the Executive Council. I'm unsure as to access to Security Council Chambers, but McM was able to at least post in the public chambers for Security Council week. I wouldn't expect access to the private chambers, given the sensitive nature of the SC, and the potential for them to have to deal with a coup by the sitting Delegate (which I of course will not do).
Good luck with your campaign!

A couple of questions about Home Affairs:
1. Do you have any plans to update the TNP Handbook?
2. What are your plans for recruitment and mentoring in Home Affairs?
3. Will you be continuing surveys as part of Home Affairs?
4. For Project Provide, wouldn't this fall under Radio? Would you consider a collaboration between Radio and Home Affairs if needed?
1. Some links could be trimmed in the Regional Publications section, specifically the RA Digest, which is no longer being published and I don't expect to be published again, and I think the Government Index and Law Index could be placed more prominently. So overall, some small changes would do well
2. It'll remain largely the same, except with an additional focus on Executive Staff recruitment, as I outlined. I also hope to recruit more HA staff to boost the overall efficiency of recruitment and mentoring.
3. From the list made by McMasterdonia, it seems 8 out of 10 surveys would be completed by the term his term finishes. I wouldn't mind finishing the last two surveys and publishing them, but I don't think I would be creating any more surveys. However, I think the completed surveys warrant closer study to see if there are any changes we can make to our various programs.
4. Perhaps recording assistance could be provided by Radio, but I would largely consider this to be a HA project because Radio is much more focussed on news and interviews than tutorials.

Thank you for your answers. I certainly understand the problems with minor update, I'm sure you will be able to manage it if you are elected.

Regarding Taijitu and Equilism these have both come up in the other campaigns too. I think you are right that they are somewhat inactive. Have you turned your mind to how you would approach this issue? Do you see any benefit in keeping treaties even if they are inactive?

I also have some more general questions for you:

1) Would you keep the position of Press Secretary?

2) TNP is a particularly secure and stable region. I am interested to know what regions do you think are particularly vulnerable at the moment to a coup or further instability?

3) What process would you take to banning or ejecting nations from the region? Generally, I have required the GA's to seek approval before banning (except in obvious cases of spamming/recruitment).

4) Would you be in favour of changing the regional flag?

5) What is your position on RMB recruitment spam by other regions?

6) Do you have any ideas for discord based activities we could do? (Think like Themed Thursday type ideas)

Thank you for your answers. I certainly understand the problems with minor update, I'm sure you will be able to manage it if you are elected.

Regarding Taijitu and Equilism these have both come up in the other campaigns too. I think you are right that they are somewhat inactive. Have you turned your mind to how you would approach this issue? Do you see any benefit in keeping treaties even if they are inactive?
If I were to decide to repeal the treaties, I would first approach any remaining leadership left in the regions to make sure they don't intend for the region to become active again, and then present it to the RA for discussion. I understand there are strong historical ties to both regions, but there are really not benefits if one end is inactive. And unlike Stargate, they have founders that can be revived if they ever CTE, so they are unlikely to face invasion.

I also have some more general questions for you:

1) Would you keep the position of Press Secretary?

2) TNP is a particularly secure and stable region. I am interested to know what regions do you think are particularly vulnerable at the moment to a coup or further instability?

3) What process would you take to banning or ejecting nations from the region? Generally, I have required the GA's to seek approval before banning (except in obvious cases of spamming/recruitment).

4) Would you be in favour of changing the regional flag?

5) What is your position on RMB recruitment spam by other regions?

6) Do you have any ideas for discord based activities we could do? (Think like Themed Thursday type ideas)
1) For now, I plan on keeping the Press Secretary with the same duties as before.

2) I don't think any regions we care about at the moment are particularly vulnerable. Regions that have recently experienced coups have largely stabilised, and no region appears to be on the path towards instability.

3) Well, the only Regional Officers with the ability the eject and ban would be me as Delegate, Nessie and another Security Councillor. I would trust the judgment of Nessie and the Security Councillor that I appoint, but I will check the Current Banned thread regularly just to make sure.

4) I don't mind either way, it's for the Regional Assembly to decide anyway. If you are talking about aesthetic changes of the displayed flag for special occasions, like you have done in your term, I would be open to that.

5) Suppress, Banject

EDIT: I accidentally missed the 6th question, so here it is:
6) Theme Thursdays have been successful, so much so that other regions are beginning to copy it (TSP and TRR, for example). I'd still consider running it but when there are so many regions doing the same thing people can get burned out. So I'm interested in brainstorming for some more ideas we can do on the main server, as well as using the Games server for games such as Werewolf, trivia, etc.

Last edited:
Can you tell us a little bit about your background? When were you founded? Have you been active in other regions? If so, what positions have you held in those regions? Are you currently active in any other regions?

One of McMs strengths has been that he appears to be everywhere, all at once. He makes an extraordinary time commitment to the job. Do you believe you will be able to invest the hours needed to be an effective delegate?

Can you tell us a little bit about your background? When were you founded? Have you been active in other regions? If so, what positions have you held in those regions? Are you currently active in any other regions?
I've been on NS, which isn't very long by any stretch of imagination. In my first year, before I joined TNP, I was in a pretty insignificant UCR and became the WA Delegate with 30-something endos, but drama with the founder drove me out. After that, and at the same time I was in TNP, I founded my own region with a friend from the previous one, but I've largely left the region be after the first few months, and am no longer active there. I'm currently a citizen of TRR and TEP, have been Speaker for a little bit in the former, and currently Magister (lawmaker) in the latter, but I plan on resigning that position if elected.
One of McMs strengths has been that he appears to be everywhere, all at once. He makes an extraordinary time commitment to the job. Do you believe you will be able to invest the hours needed to be an effective delegate?
I think I will. I have invested a good amount of time into my previous positions in TNP, and while it's obviously not as much as the position of Delegate requires, I think it shows I'm willing to invest the time into it.
What is going to be your biggest challenge if elected?
Probably adapting to the position. The Delegate is quite different from any other government position in TNP, and it would be quite a bit of change, and additional pressure, to be the one calling the shots.

What will be your criteria for approving World Assembly proposals?
Firstly, of course, I would abide by WALL votes, speaking of which I would follow what McM has done this term in initiating more of them. Otherwise, I would just approve any proposal I would personally vote for, especially those by TNP authors that have been drafted on TNP forums.

Lastly on my rounds of posting in people’s threads (but certainly not least), I felt like spreading some love here too.

You and I came into the North Pacific around the same time... err uhm, more like at exactly the same time, and it’s been really cool seeing you grow as a player and blossom into a contender for the Delegacy like you are now.

I’ve enjoyed seeing you take the reigns as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, even if it meant that your term as Speaker of the Regional Assembly was cut short, and in a way I think you’ve really stepped up with what you’ve delivered as a platform.

All and all, I think that every candidate in this election has something to offer and you’re no exception. Much like I said in Pry’s thread, I think that no matter who ends up winning we as a community will end up as the real winners.

When it comes to your prospective administration, I like the Trump reference what you have to offer the external ministries (FA, WA, Defense, etc.) and the outlook you have from being a “newcomer” (even though I don’t think you and I are still newcomers by this point). You’re able to be diplomatic, you’re unquestionably competent, and when it comes to WA Affairs you’ve grown into the role well so that's a plus.

You’re also part of why I’m going to have to end using ranked choice voting, so thanks for that ... nerd :P

Last edited:
Back